hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 447 of 452 FirstFirst ... 347397437444445446447448449450 ... LastLast
Results 8,921 to 8,940 of 9033

Thread: Movie Thread -Paradox:"Oh Moon is fucking the best"

The Half in the Bag nerds didnt like it much.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandzibar View Post
    Idk, it would seem to me they wouldn't like anything, really ^^ I closed the video like 5 minutes in because if it's the same that's 30 minutes I'll never get back.

For me, RP1 was just... Idk. So many memories brought back. Also the sad realisation that nothing really lasts and that the moment needs to be cherished and appreciated.

I'm not really sure everybody who will see it will experience the same, but I think that's where Spielberg's genius shows. Make it a commercial success and give even the few the heebie jeebies ^^

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

I immensely enjoyed Ready Player One, and I went into thinking it would probably find it rather meh. Overall a decent & Compelling enough story with plenty of quips written in. Tons of nostalgia and easter eggs hidden in the film. And the CGI really speaks for itself, top notch stuff.

Spoiler:
    Gotta say I was grinning like a little kid when the Gundam came out in the final battle

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandzibar View Post
    Idk, it would seem to me they wouldn't like anything, really ^^ I closed the video like 5 minutes in because if it's the same that's 30 minutes I'll never get back.

For me, RP1 was just... Idk. So many memories brought back. Also the sad realisation that nothing really lasts and that the moment needs to be cherished and appreciated.

I'm not really sure everybody who will see it will experience the same, but I think that's where Spielberg's genius shows. Make it a commercial success and give even the few the heebie jeebies ^^

They like plenty and get shit for it too when they do.

The issues they had with the movie sound exactly like the stuff I'd hate too so... In the end It exists for nothing but to make people go OMG REFERENCE and frankly unless it's a comedy that shit makes me nauseous.
    Last edited by Isyel; April 3 2018 at 08:08:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve the Pirate View Post
    [...] also may have been issues with copyright/IP etc.
    I haven't seen the movie yet, but have read comments elsewhere about it and someone said (paraphrased) "They must have spent millions of $ alone for the licenses of all the references they show even only for seconds.". Judging by the all the references in the book, there's some truth to that and I could very well imagine that not every (bigger/important) reference of the book could be added to the movie because of copyright/licensing issues.
    Last edited by Hel OWeen; April 4 2018 at 09:18:23 AM. Reason: Akward grammar

Happy to see positivity about Ready Player One. Hoping to see it this week/weekend.
    The ignore user feature is the greatest single asset this forum offers. Use it well.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    I haven't seen the movie yet, but have read comments elsewhere about it and someone said (paraphrased) "They must have spent millions of $ alone for the licenses of all the references they show even only for seconds.". Judging by the all the references in the book, there's some truth to that and I could very well imagine that not every (bigger/important) reference of the book could be added to the movie because of copyright/licensing issues.
    Bit like banks building marble facades to inspire confidence in their service

"Do not worry fellow cinema lover and citizen of the 20th century. I have spent a reassuringly large amount of money on nostalga license fees for this film. We surely wouldn't waste money on this is if was bereft of any actual merit. Member when you were young and had fun? Buy your ticket with confidence"

Hard to take half the posters seriously here about films.
    "So many memories brought back. Also the sad realisation that nothing really lasts and that the moment needs to be cherished and appreciated."

Jesus fucking Christ dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    Bit like banks building marble facades to inspire confidence in their service

"Do not worry fellow cinema lover and citizen of the 20th century. I have spent a reassuringly large amount of money on nostalga license fees for this film. We surely wouldn't waste money on this is if was bereft of any actual merit. Member when you were young and had fun? Buy your ticket with confidence"

Hard to take half the posters seriously here about films.
    "So many memories brought back. Also the sad realisation that nothing really lasts and that the moment needs to be cherished and appreciated."

Frug? Is that you old chap?

Duck posting the HARD truths.

Duckslayer 2: Judgement Day

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GeromeDoutrande View Post

Quote Originally Posted by GeromeDoutrande View Post
    I must apologise for shoeing in a random 1990s movie reference just to improve the appeal of an otherwise rather dull thread.

vOv

This movie brought me grins and laughs and almost tears. It doesn't have to be an Amiga game, it's just the associations. I've remembered playing Quake and UT with high school friends in dubious internet cafes, Starcraft matches in LANs and the odd experience of flying a shitty graphics (by today's standards) F22 with maximum focus after copious amounts of alcohol ingested whilst the other party people were passed out on the sofa and two other nerds looking over my shoulder, with the awkward purrs of the K6-2 cooler in the background and music from a Creative CD Player who whined like no tomorrow.

That atmosphere came back to me so strongly with the realisation that I've lost contact with most of those people although we were good friends simply because we liked the same things - games.

Let me be frank, I would not pleasurably remember my tennis court days when watching a documentary about Agassi for example ^^

It's not the references, it's the feels.

Also was amazed to see a nerd the other day complain that the movie was awful for anybody who "really knows what's up with games". Like, piss off m8.

I didn't go home to install Starcraft. I just loved the experience and left it at that, with the guds and the bads.

I know these poasts are way too srs bsns like, but I don't care. It's good to do it sometimes ^^

Btw, got lost on twitch the other day and found a girl streaming. Description read smth like "gamer blah blah started playing with Atari".

Bitch, you seem barely 18, the fuck is up with that.

Btw, got lost on twitch the other day and found a girl streaming. Description read smth like "gamer blah blah started playing with Atari".

mate i played on elektronika bk

maybe she out of latvia

I'm with the slayer of ducks in this one, Jesus christ.

Omg girls on twitch, man!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Isyel; April 5 2018 at 06:15:12 AM.

Also was amazed to see a nerd the other day complain that the movie was awful for anybody who "really knows what's up with games". Like, piss off m8.

Nice one.

Super Baderator DonorGlobal Moderator cullnean's Avatar
    The tower of power, too sweet to be sour, ohhhh yeahh!
    Quote Originally Posted by vDJ View Post

Nice one.
    the cosmin paradox
    Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    Cullneshi the god of shitposting.

I'm with you Cosmin!

Banned
    i feel like i was very quickly proven justified in my derision for Cosmin's position