hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 403 of 407 FirstFirst ... 303353393400401402403404405406 ... LastLast
Results 8,041 to 8,060 of 8127

Thread: Movie Thread - PARADOX LOVES THE MOON

Quote Originally Posted by Venec View Post
    Watched "Ran" by Kurosawa.

Holy shit, that was even better than Yojimbo, it will stay with me for a long time. Amazing movie.
    Give Throne of Blood a go. Worth it just for Toshiro Mifune's face while he's being shot at by real arrows.

Saw Wonder Woman, had high hopes but it's just weak. The plot is 3rd tier garbage even by super hero film standards, films that i'm normally happy to give a pass if it's basic as long as the 'spectacle' is there. That along with the tepid dailogue means i can't really blame any of the cast for not making much of it (but really, casting David Thewlis as the main bad guy, are you fucking retarded?). The thing that's supposed to prop up a super hero film is the action scenes, but wtf can you do when it's just 'Invulnerable Hero vs generic german soldiers' all film? Dire.

The only plus side is Gal Gadot is so hot it's ridiculous. I didn't understand how I'd never seen her before this role, until i looked at her filmography. Her agent should hang themselves, criminal waste.
    Last edited by Shiodome; September 2 2017 at 11:33:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiodome View Post
    The only plus side is Gal Gadot is so hot it's ridiculous. I didn't understand how I'd never seen her before this role, until i looked at her filmography. Her agent should hang themselves, criminal waste.
    Looks like she wanted to be on television not in the movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Lancehot View Post

Holy shit, that was even better than Yojimbo, it will stay with me for a long time. Amazing movie.
    Give Throne of Blood a go. Worth it just for Toshiro Mifune's face while he's being shot at by real arrows.
    At this point I'm p. much convinced to watch all of his movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Lancehot View Post

At this point I'm p. much convinced to watch all of his movies.
    Or that. I will say his period films I've seen are on the whole much better than his contemporary ones. Those tend to be more melodrama & highlight the..."issues" with female characters in his films.

In my hipster-indie cinema they had a kurosawa's marathon - one movie every night for 10 days. Even though they included some of his "documentaries" as well holy shit was that best ~15 euro I have spent on cinemas...

Specially Pegged Donor Overspark's Avatar
    Finally saw Valerian in a large 3D theatre. It was everything I wanted it to be. Worldbuilding, special effects, action sequences, alien races, silliness, it was all top-notch. Sure, the plot was a bit out there and everything supposed to be emotional was incredibly ham-fisted but I was too busy not caring because the rest worked so well for me. Even the casting (Cara, Rihanna) worked out better than I had feared. Although Rihanna's final scene didn't work at all, but that wasn't really her fault. If you go into this with the right expectations it's an awesome ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Overspark View Post
    Finally saw Valerian in a large 3D theatre. It was everything I wanted it to be. Worldbuilding, special effects, action sequences, alien races, silliness, it was all top-notch. Sure, the plot was a bit out there and everything supposed to be emotional was incredibly ham-fisted but I was too busy not caring because the rest worked so well for me. Even the casting (Cara, Rihanna) worked out better than I had feared. Although Rihanna's final scene didn't work at all, but that wasn't really her fault. If you go into this with the right drugs and enough alcohol it's an awesome ride.
    fyp
    Real men pvp in barges.

Quote Originally Posted by Amantus View Post
    good to see that Fortior seems like a decent bloke and isn't a gay fat faggot nerd despite his pony avatar

Exactly - this is kind of movies that you watch with friends and booze and enjoy it sillyness and pretty effects. Same shit with this mars warrior Carter something or Gods of Egypt or Jupiter Rising etc etc etc. Sure those movies are not greatest achivement of cinema but hey, they are fun to watch once.

Super Moderator Global Moderator QuackBot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiodome View Post
    Saw Wonder Woman, had high hopes but it's just weak. The plot is 3rd tier garbage even by super hero film standards, films that i'm normally happy to give a pass if it's basic as long as the 'spectacle' is there. That along with the tepid dailogue means i can't really blame any of the cast for not making much of it (but really, casting David Thewlis as the main bad guy, are you fucking retarded?). The thing that's supposed to prop up a super hero film is the action scenes, but wtf can you do when it's just 'Invulnerable Hero vs generic german soldiers' all film? Dire.

There you go tyrehl|work is working.

Specially Pegged Donor Overspark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortior View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Overspark View Post
    Finally saw Valerian in a large 3D theatre. It was everything I wanted it to be. Worldbuilding, special effects, action sequences, alien races, silliness, it was all top-notch. Sure, the plot was a bit out there and everything supposed to be emotional was incredibly ham-fisted but I was too busy not caring because the rest worked so well for me. Even the casting (Cara, Rihanna) worked out better than I had feared. Although Rihanna's final scene didn't work at all, but that wasn't really her fault. If you go into this with the right drugs and enough alcohol it's an awesome ride.
    fyp
    I watched it at 11 in the morning while being completely sober. But hey, if you're not man enough to go without be my guest...

Quote Originally Posted by Voulture View Post
    In my hipster-indie cinema they had a kurosawa's marathon - one movie every night for 10 days. Even though they included some of his "documentaries" as well holy shit was that best ~15 euro I have spent on cinemas...
    Even when i'm dying i win the game though.

Hell or High Water

What an amazing film, easily one of the best I've seen this year.
    Last edited by Elriche Oshego; September 4 2017 at 02:37:35 AM.

Yeah hell or high water is solid.

Watched Lore yesterday.

Solid german post-WWII defeatocalypse movie.

Good cinematography and acting.
    Especially the young female lead, mesmerizing.
    Last edited by Stoffl; September 4 2017 at 04:47:09 AM.

I don’t think there are many directors who can claim to be as versatile as George Miller

Candy crush just had the revelation of a century huh.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

'Star Wars: Episode IX' loses director Colin Trevorrow
    https://www.engadget.com/2017/09/05/...rrow-director/

Well ditching the 2 muppets from the Han Solo project seems to have been a good move (according to a mate who is working on the film).

So maybe this will be too?

Quote Originally Posted by Fortior View Post

fyp
    Philippines are majorly catholic, that's another 100mil.

Hoping for Michael Bay to step in.