hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 396 of 417 FirstFirst ... 296346386393394395396397398399406 ... LastLast
Results 7,901 to 7,920 of 8330

Thread: Movie Thread -Razor confirmed thinks Moon is the best

  1. #7901
    Super Moderator Global Moderator QuackBot's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 7, 2012
    Posts
    20,879
    Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post

    I'm carefully managing my expectations for the IT movie, but I think it'll do better. At the very least the director has actually done something else

    It helps that IT isn't a 7 book monstrosity of convoluted bullshit I guess.
    I imagine darkflare is still making enough dosh to put up with the bullshit.

  2. #7902
    Lowa [NSN]'s Avatar
    Join Date
    April 14, 2011
    Posts
    2,654
    Quote Originally Posted by GeromeDoutrande View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowa [NSN] View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    Watching the Dark Tower left me feeling like somebody had spent 90 minutes kicking my cat in front of me

    Almost demanded my money back, what a dogshit movie.
    I leave my own judgement until I've seen it but I fully expect it to be bad. Hence this is my question:

    Why the fuck is it so hard to make a great movie on a Steven King book?

    Sure, all books are not good but shit, the man have written a lot of fantastic stuff!
    And yes, there are a couple of exceptions to the rule but imho most are quite bad.

    This makes me fear that IT wont be as good is it looks, we and it deserves a good adaptation.
    Reviewers seem pretty hyped about IT:
    http://www.slashfilm.com/stephen-kings-it-early-buzz/
    Ok, that helps a bit. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

  3. #7903
    Super Moderator Global Moderator QuackBot's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 7, 2012
    Posts
    20,879
    Quote Originally Posted by Voulture View Post
    Yeah its fucking amazing. Go watch Rashomon - i think my fav of K's ones. I just love how the story is told...
    Just think for 5 seconds and shit out a migration el oh el.

  4. #7904
    GeromeDoutrande's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Fakefrenchistan
    Posts
    1,769
    Saw Logan Lucky yesterday. Very relaxed pace, best bring a sandwich or some boiled eggs if you go see it. I'd say 3/5 for the general population and 4/5 for people who enjoy things such as framing.

  5. #7905
    GeromeDoutrande's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Fakefrenchistan
    Posts
    1,769

  6. #7906
    GeromeDoutrande's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Fakefrenchistan
    Posts
    1,769


    Out around Christmas, got good reviews (at the Venice Film Festival).

  7. #7907
    Super Moderator Global Moderator QuackBot's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 7, 2012
    Posts
    20,879
    Quote Originally Posted by GeromeDoutrande View Post


    Out around Christmas, got good reviews (at the Venice Film Festival).
    I got a watch for the christmas.

  8. #7908
    Movember 2011 RazoR's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The Motherland
    Posts
    27,512
    fucking norks with their impeccable black humor

    seriously


    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1614989

    9/10

  9. #7909
    thebomby's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    6,541
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    fucking norks with their impeccable black humor

    seriously


    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1614989

    9/10
    Seen that, fucking amazing film.
    Будь смиренным, будь кротким, не заботься о тленном
    Власти, данной Богом, сынок, будь навеки верным...
    Я люблю Росcию, я - патриот

  10. #7910
    Larkonis Trassler's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    FEARLESS.
    Posts
    11,203
    Quote Originally Posted by GeromeDoutrande View Post
    Hype, are the others out there?

    Also Street Countdown Man is doing pretty well for himself.


  11. #7911
    Venec's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Europe's Mexico - Poland
    Posts
    5,212
    Watched "Ran" by Kurosawa.

    Holy shit, that was even better than Yojimbo, it will stay with me for a long time. Amazing movie.

  12. #7912
    Specially Pegged Donor Overspark's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    NL fuck yeah
    Posts
    3,064
    Saw "What happened to Monday" today. Premise is interesting, acting is decent, some of the action is good, but loads of things require an enormous suspension of disbelief. Entertaining, but not very good.

  13. #7913

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Chair
    Posts
    5,778
    Quote Originally Posted by Venec View Post
    Watched "Ran" by Kurosawa.

    Holy shit, that was even better than Yojimbo, it will stay with me for a long time. Amazing movie.
    Give Throne of Blood a go. Worth it just for Toshiro Mifune's face while he's being shot at by real arrows.

  14. #7914
    Donor Shiodome's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    I am a white male.
    Posts
    4,832
    Saw Wonder Woman, had high hopes but it's just weak. The plot is 3rd tier garbage even by super hero film standards, films that i'm normally happy to give a pass if it's basic as long as the 'spectacle' is there. That along with the tepid dailogue means i can't really blame any of the cast for not making much of it (but really, casting David Thewlis as the main bad guy, are you fucking retarded?). The thing that's supposed to prop up a super hero film is the action scenes, but wtf can you do when it's just 'Invulnerable Hero vs generic german soldiers' all film? Dire.

    The only plus side is Gal Gadot is so hot it's ridiculous. I didn't understand how I'd never seen her before this role, until i looked at her filmography. Her agent should hang themselves, criminal waste.
    Last edited by Shiodome; September 3 2017 at 12:33:20 AM.

  15. #7915
    Donor Tellenta's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    16,209
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiodome View Post
    The only plus side is Gal Gadot is so hot it's ridiculous. I didn't understand how I'd never seen her before this role, until i looked at her filmography. Her agent should hang themselves, criminal waste.
    Looks like she wanted to be on television not in the movies.

  16. #7916
    Venec's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Europe's Mexico - Poland
    Posts
    5,212
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancehot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Venec View Post
    Watched "Ran" by Kurosawa.

    Holy shit, that was even better than Yojimbo, it will stay with me for a long time. Amazing movie.
    Give Throne of Blood a go. Worth it just for Toshiro Mifune's face while he's being shot at by real arrows.
    At this point I'm p. much convinced to watch all of his movies.

  17. #7917

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Chair
    Posts
    5,778
    Quote Originally Posted by Venec View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancehot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Venec View Post
    Watched "Ran" by Kurosawa.

    Holy shit, that was even better than Yojimbo, it will stay with me for a long time. Amazing movie.
    Give Throne of Blood a go. Worth it just for Toshiro Mifune's face while he's being shot at by real arrows.
    At this point I'm p. much convinced to watch all of his movies.
    Or that. I will say his period films I've seen are on the whole much better than his contemporary ones. Those tend to be more melodrama & highlight the..."issues" with female characters in his films.

  18. #7918
    Voulture's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    3,023
    In my hipster-indie cinema they had a kurosawa's marathon - one movie every night for 10 days. Even though they included some of his "documentaries" as well holy shit was that best ~15 euro I have spent on cinemas...

  19. #7919
    Specially Pegged Donor Overspark's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    NL fuck yeah
    Posts
    3,064
    Finally saw Valerian in a large 3D theatre. It was everything I wanted it to be. Worldbuilding, special effects, action sequences, alien races, silliness, it was all top-notch. Sure, the plot was a bit out there and everything supposed to be emotional was incredibly ham-fisted but I was too busy not caring because the rest worked so well for me. Even the casting (Cara, Rihanna) worked out better than I had feared. Although Rihanna's final scene didn't work at all, but that wasn't really her fault. If you go into this with the right expectations it's an awesome ride.

  20. #7920
    Ski Boot Fortior's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Posts
    2,470
    Quote Originally Posted by Overspark View Post
    Finally saw Valerian in a large 3D theatre. It was everything I wanted it to be. Worldbuilding, special effects, action sequences, alien races, silliness, it was all top-notch. Sure, the plot was a bit out there and everything supposed to be emotional was incredibly ham-fisted but I was too busy not caring because the rest worked so well for me. Even the casting (Cara, Rihanna) worked out better than I had feared. Although Rihanna's final scene didn't work at all, but that wasn't really her fault. If you go into this with the right drugs and enough alcohol it's an awesome ride.
    fyp
    Real men pvp in barges.

    Quote Originally Posted by Amantus View Post
    good to see that Fortior seems like a decent bloke and isn't a gay fat faggot nerd despite his pony avatar

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •