hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 403 of 409 FirstFirst ... 303353393400401402403404405406 ... LastLast
Results 8,041 to 8,060 of 8161

Thread: Movie Thread -Originally Posted by Paradox: I still love the moon btw

  1. #8041
    Paradox's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 24, 2011
    Location
    Deepest Darkest Devonshire
    Posts
    7,545
    Quote Originally Posted by Frug View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by thebomby View Post
    Ringworld and Snow Crash coming to Amazon.
    Huh, snow crash eh.

    Cyberpunk is the new trend?
    There's definitely a bit of cyberpunk aesthetic in the star trek pilot. Maybe it's "in" now

    Am interested to see what they do with Ringworld. The sheer scale will be difficult to portray I would think. I want to see a nice CGI Nessus too, he's a cool guy.


    Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

  2. #8042
    Frug's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    12,932
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    There's definitely a bit of cyberpunk aesthetic in the star trek pilot. Maybe it's "in" now
    Like what? Cyberpunk involves a contrast of new technology and old grime. I do not recall seeing that in the new trek any more than any other dark looking set.

    Quote Originally Posted by Loire
    I'm too stupid to say anything that deserves being in your magnificent signature.

  3. #8043
    Paradox's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 24, 2011
    Location
    Deepest Darkest Devonshire
    Posts
    7,545
    Quote Originally Posted by Frug View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    There's definitely a bit of cyberpunk aesthetic in the star trek pilot. Maybe it's "in" now
    Like what? Cyberpunk involves a contrast of new technology and old grime. I do not recall seeing that in the new trek any more than any other dark looking set.
    Some of the klingons had cybernetic implants and there was some lobot cosplay on the shenzhou. Cyberpunk is not necessarily a prescriptive genre. There are cyberpunky bits in the Culture books for instance


    Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

  4. #8044
    Sandzibar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    4,603
    Quote Originally Posted by thebomby View Post
    Snow Crash coming to Amazon.
    Oh god... no.. dont ruin it for me Ama$on. Please. Its one of my favourite books

  5. #8045
    Raine Woot's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Amurikuh
    Posts
    1,300
    Quote Originally Posted by thebomby View Post
    Ringworld and Snow Crash coming to Amazon.
    Too much new sci-fi! Please, stop, I can only get so erect!

  6. #8046
    Movember 2011 RazoR's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The Motherland
    Posts
    27,124
    zombies and vampires are out

    sci-fi is in!

  7. #8047
    Dorvil Barranis's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 18, 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    4,327
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    zombies and vampires are out

    sci-fi is in!
    Praise Jebus!
    "Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Zhuge Liang


  8. #8048
    XenosisMk4's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 13, 2017
    Location
    More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Posts
    1,141
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandzibar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by thebomby View Post
    Snow Crash coming to Amazon.
    Oh god... no.. dont ruin it for me Ama$on. Please. Its one of my favourite books


    Pretty much my reaction to any netflix/amazon "adaptations"

  9. #8049
    Specially Pegged Donor Overspark's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    NL fuck yeah
    Posts
    3,031
    Quote Originally Posted by Raine Woot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by thebomby View Post
    Ringworld and Snow Crash coming to Amazon.
    Too much new sci-fi! Please, stop, I can only get so erect!

  10. #8050
    thebomby's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    6,459
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorvil Barranis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    zombies and vampires are out

    sci-fi is in!
    Praise Jebus!
    Ah-fucking-men
    Будь смиренным, будь кротким, не заботься о тленном
    Власти, данной Богом, сынок, будь навеки верным...
    Я люблю Росcию, я - патриот

  11. #8051
    Frug's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    12,932
    Quote Originally Posted by Overspark View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Raine Woot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by thebomby View Post
    Ringworld and Snow Crash coming to Amazon.
    Too much new sci-fi! Please, stop, I can only get so erect!
    Oh my god.

    Quote Originally Posted by Loire
    I'm too stupid to say anything that deserves being in your magnificent signature.

  12. #8052
    GeromeDoutrande's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Fakefrenchistan
    Posts
    1,752
    If you are wondering whether to watch Blade Runner 2049 in 2D or 3D, here is the opinion of the DP of the movie (it's 2D obviously):
    https://www.rogerdeakins.com/film-ta...2049-2d-or-3d/

    I'm mostly linking this because I think it is pretty cool that Roger Deakins, easily one of the greatest DPs of our time, interacts with people directly in this way.

  13. #8053
    VARRAKK's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 27, 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,497

  14. #8054
    Donor Pattern's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    6,236
    So yeah, my dreams are haunted forever.

    Thanks Blade Runner 2049

  15. #8055
    Alistair's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Missing My Sadie Cat
    Posts
    11,786
    Quote Originally Posted by Pattern View Post
    So yeah, my dreams are haunted forever.

    Thanks Blade Runner 2049
    Is this a good or bad review? Fuck same mate, be clear.


    "Nothing left to do, but smile, smile, smile......" Robert Hunter, "He's Gone"
    "...we looked very closely at the matter and concluded that unfortunately arseholes also get to benefit from democratic freedoms." Andreas Geisel, Interior Affairs Senator, Germany


  16. #8056
    Donor Pattern's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    6,236
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pattern View Post
    So yeah, my dreams are haunted forever.

    Thanks Blade Runner 2049
    Is this a good or bad review? Fuck same mate, be clear.
    The real question you should be asking is how many times can you afford to see it this weekend?

  17. #8057
    Movember 2012 I Legionnaire's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    1,573
    Quote Originally Posted by Pattern View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pattern View Post
    So yeah, my dreams are haunted forever.

    Thanks Blade Runner 2049
    Is this a good or bad review? Fuck same mate, be clear.
    The real question you should be asking is how many times can you afford to see it this weekend?
    thank god

  18. #8058
    Alistair's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Missing My Sadie Cat
    Posts
    11,786
    Quote Originally Posted by Pattern View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pattern View Post
    So yeah, my dreams are haunted forever.

    Thanks Blade Runner 2049
    Is this a good or bad review? Fuck same mate, be clear.
    The real question you should be asking is how many times can you afford to see it this weekend?
    You're a good man Pattern, don't let anyone tell you different.


    "Nothing left to do, but smile, smile, smile......" Robert Hunter, "He's Gone"
    "...we looked very closely at the matter and concluded that unfortunately arseholes also get to benefit from democratic freedoms." Andreas Geisel, Interior Affairs Senator, Germany


  19. #8059
    Donor Pattern's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    6,236
    So for the people who have seen 2049.
      Spoiler:
    They were definitely twins right?

  20. #8060
    Donor Pattern's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    6,236
      Spoiler:
    Oh, also, watch out for the Sulaco hovering over the sea wall near the beginning of the film.

    Not really a spoiler but, tagged anyway.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •