hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 463 of 466 FirstFirst ... 363413453460461462463464465466 LastLast
Results 9,241 to 9,260 of 9308

Thread: Movie Thread - Cullnerd - MOON is art

Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post

new one is every 2 or so, I wouldn't be surprised if they have a longer gap for the 3rd but idk
    every year we've had a new one haven't we?

force awakens > rogue 1 > last jedi > solo > ?

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandzibar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post

new one is every 2 or so, I wouldn't be surprised if they have a longer gap for the 3rd but idk

force awakens > rogue 1 > last jedi > solo > ?
    I don't think they're being made by the same team though, I was more thinking of the mainline series

Quote Originally Posted by Frug View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Winged Nazgul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Star Wars has definitely reached "films are no longer special events" status.
    I reached that status after watching The Last Jedi. They should've named it The Last Star Wars Movie You Will Ever See In Movie Theaters.
    I reached that status after the Force Awakens. I never even saw the Last Jedi, and I waited for Rogue One to be on Netflix.

In before someone says "I reached that status after A New Hope".

No but seriously, these films along with all the Marvel stuff is fine for Netflix but nothing I would go to a theatre for.

Nobody cares Frug, we know you hate everything. But I don't! I'm just saying.

So you loved Phantom Menace?

I was going to argue about all Marvel stuff being Netflix fodder, but then i considered that even for the good ones (Ragnarok, IWar, Winter Soldier imo, ymmv) you need a modicum of backstory from the previous films.

I think that speaks more about how we watch movies now tho? Kinda analogous to TV, where i usually wait until the season is further along in order to view it at my own pace. Let me put it the other way around, if not for the spectacle, what drives you to the movie theatre?

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar

hmmm
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...

Every single Star Wars film since Empire has been generally mediocre, and at best, merely OK.

Jedi was alright but the Ewoks are fucking stupid and it undermines the whole story. All the prequels are awful. TFA is a play it safe ANH remake in all but name. Rogue One probably contains a good film but they recut it into a shambles and the edit guts any agency the protagonist had. TLJ is an awful kneejerk reaction to TFA criticisms and undercuts any through narratives the trilogy was supposed to have. Solo is an adults colouring book of a Star Wars film that had to be started again after someone had already done a third of it.

That's leaves 2 out of 9 films being good.

I'll give a prediction. Boba-Fett will be a boring circa early 2000's action film about a bounty hunter who by all accounts, sucks at his job (see; every Star Wars film with Boba-fett in it). Obi-Wan will be well intentioned by Ewan Mcgregor but ultimately boring. Episode 9 will be fucking beige and no one will care because everyone will be over it by then.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Lilalaunebör View Post
    I reached that status after watching The Last Jedi. They should've named it The Last Star Wars Movie You Will Ever See In Movie Theaters.
    I reached that status after the Force Awakens. I never even saw the Last Jedi, and I waited for Rogue One to be on Netflix.

No but seriously, these films along with all the Marvel stuff is fine for Netflix but nothing I would go to a theatre for.

I was going to argue about all Marvel stuff being Netflix fodder, but then i considered that even for the good ones (Ragnarok, IWar, Winter Soldier imo, ymmv) you need a modicum of backstory from the previous films.

I think that speaks more about how we watch movies now tho? Kinda analogous to TV, where i usually wait until the season is further along in order to view it at my own pace. Let me put it the other way around, if not for the spectacle, what drives you to the movie theatre?
    The prequels, horrid dialog aside, look better and better as each new film comes out.

When the best fan-theory ever is that Snoke should have really been Darth Jar Jar instead, well........

Quote Originally Posted by Lilalaunebör View Post

The prequels, horrid dialog aside, look better and better as each new film comes out.

When the best fan-theory ever is that Snoke should have really been Darth Jar Jar instead, well........
    Yeh I happen to love the prequels, but am aware that i'm in the minority.

Phricus NAILED IT

Watched the 3 Pokemon XY films on Netflix. I don't know why. What is mega-evolution? Was God always a pokemon? Were there always so many pokemon that can talk? Where are Brock & Misty? Was it always this mediocre? Am I so out of touch? No, it's the children who are wrong. Volcanian was alright, I guess.
    Last edited by Lancehot; June 4 2018 at 07:51:41 PM.

I need a funny movie recommendation, legit good.

No Sandler turds pls.

Quote Originally Posted by Venec View Post

No Sandler turds pls.
    The Big Sick (romcom), Logan Lucky (heist movie)

Quote Originally Posted by Sandzibar View Post

We're about due for Mk5 tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Phrixus Zephyr View Post
    Every single Star Wars film since Empire has been generally mediocre, and at best, merely OK.

Jedi was alright but the Ewoks are fucking stupid and it undermines the whole story. All the prequels are awful. TFA is a play it safe ANH remake in all but name. Rogue One probably contains a good film but they recut it into a shambles and the edit guts any agency the protagonist had. TLJ is an awful kneejerk reaction to TFA criticisms and undercuts any through narratives the trilogy was supposed to have. Solo is an adults colouring book of a Star Wars film that had to be started again after someone had already done a third of it.

That's leaves 2 out of 9 films being good.

I'll give a prediction. Boba-Fett will be a boring circa early 2000's action film about a bounty hunter who by all accounts, sucks at his job (see; every Star Wars film with Boba-fett in it). Obi-Wan will be well intentioned by Ewan Mcgregor but ultimately boring. Episode 9 will be fucking beige and no one will care because everyone will be over it by then.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
    This, this is proper edgelording.

He's right tho

Quote Originally Posted by GeromeDoutrande View Post

No Sandler turds pls.
    The Big Sick (romcom), Logan Lucky (heist movie)
    Confirming Logan Lucky.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

If you want to take the argument further, A New Hope is good by accident rather than design, & is helped in no small part by decades of tinkering that started long before the special edition DVDs. Even Empire has to contrive some pretty silly things for the sake of making a film - for instance blue space ghosts existing because they needed a way to get Luke from Hoth to Degoba so he can repeat his character arc from A New Hope while the rest of the cast hang out in a giant space worm. These films are shit. Everythings shit. Hail Trump!

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancehot View Post
    Watched the 3 Pokemon XY films on Netflix. I don't know why. What is mega-evolution? Was God always a pokemon? Were there always so many pokemon that can talk? Where are Brock & Misty? Was it always this mediocre? Am I so out of touch? No, it's the children who are wrong. Volcanian was alright, I guess.
      Spoiler:

>What is mega-evolution

"we ran out of cool legendary asspulls"

>Was God always a pokemon?

"yes, also no"

>Were there always so many pokemon that can talk?

"we can't establish emotional connections between characters good so this is a crutch

>Where are Brock & Misty?

"in the cameo trailer for when we run out of interesting characters"

>Was it always this mediocre?

"yes"

>Am I so out of touch?

"no, our viewing numbers are plummeting and all of our money comes from Pokemon Go"

the Pokemon Adventures manga is still true to the original, and has the added benefit of actually killing off characters when they fuck things up

Local thot not so tough since being hyperbeamed

Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post

hmmm
    How dare you sexualize women with your male gaze.

He's got a great ass though. Wowie. If you swapped their heads...

Quote Originally Posted by Loire
    I'm too stupid to say anything that deserves being in your magnificent signature.

No Sandler turds pls.
    3 billboards for laughs and feels

Sam Rockwell

The Death of Stalin
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.