hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 458 of 466 FirstFirst ... 358408448455456457458459460461 ... LastLast
Results 9,141 to 9,160 of 9308

Thread: Movie Thread - Cullnerd - MOON is art

I just saw Solo.

After the last jedi I wasn't expecting much, but I reaky liked it. It was much darker than the previous ones. Less grand and much better for it.

Verry tiny out of context spoiler:
      Spoiler:
    when Han shot first I felt this realy was a movie made for the fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeekar View Post
    Deadpool 2 is really good. The after credit scene is just cherry on top of the cake.
    Deadpool 2 crossed the line to annoying edgelord (too far) for me. Also i may have missed it, but
      Spoiler:
    did they really not use "im the Juggernaut, bitch" even once???

Good if you liked the first and wanted more of the same.

Glad to hear that Solo isnt completely shit. How does it compare to R1?

Well, I liked r1. Not sure how I'd rank them tho as it's been two years.

Can confirm Solo is good. Maybe a couple too many winks and callbacks (and one giant one), but it has heart and captures that SW feeling just right.

Theres also some problems with tone and pacing in the first half, i wonder if there will be a directors extended cut down the line. But nothing that would make me not recommend it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilalaunebör View Post
    Can confirm Solo is good. Maybe a couple too many winks and callbacks (and one giant one), but it has heart and captures that SW feeling just right.

Theres also some problems with tone and pacing in the first half, i wonder if there will be a directors extended cut down the line. But nothing that would make me not recommend it.
    Pretty much. I'd say Rogue One was better, but Solo was still good enough for me to not feel like I'd wasted my yesterday afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Derindar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilalaunebör View Post

Pretty much. I'd say Rogue One was better, but Solo was still good enough for me to not feel like I'd wasted my yesterday afternoon.
    Mate of mine watched it and hated it because it was a derivative heist movie.

I was too polite to point out that all of the 'good' Star Wars also have extremely derivative plots.

Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post
    I was too polite to point out that all of the 'good' Star Wars also have extremely derivative plots.
    All plots are taken from other plots. It's the flavour you add on top that matters. You can say the original films have derivative plots but it's nonsense to say they didn't add something huge on top of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Loire
    I'm too stupid to say anything that deserves being in your magnificent signature.

Watched Black Panther today. I'll need to rewatch when less hungover to see if it changes but tbh...What did I just watch?
    Was it really that "meh" and (at times) poorly made? Dialog, fx, plot... not up to standard. Bits and pieces was ok and fun but overall...uninteresting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

Yes it's fucking shit.

Had a similar experience recently. turned it off 20? Minutes in when all the fucking tribes were standing in the mountain / waterfall chanting and singing kumbaya lion king for that awful duel.

Resumed it a week later but barely watched the TV.
    Marvel's the meh blm movie experience
    2/10/17 Greatposthellpurge never forget
    23/10/17 The Greatreposteninging ?

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoffl View Post
    Yes it's fucking shit.

Had a similar experience recently. turned it off 20? Minutes in when all the fucking tribes were standing in the mountain / waterfall chanting and singing kumbaya lion king for that awful duel.

lol, nbs all the shitters hated watching black people be cool

the movie was fine, pretty decent action flick if you don't have a desperate loathing of a non-white main cast v0v

Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    Yes it's fucking shit.

the movie was fine, pretty decent action flick if you don't have a desperate loathing of a non-white main cast v0v
    Agree. But its a "safe" script. I guess having an all black cast is enough risk for the studio in one go.

Edit: I hope all the money they made on Black Panter and Wonder woman shows that studios can do money on diversity.
    Last edited by Caldrion Dosto; May 27 2018 at 08:18:02 PM.

Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar
    Yes it's fucking shit.

assuming stoffl et al are racist shitters because they didn't like a film

maybe they just didn't like the film, and you're projecting

:thinking:

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    Yes it's fucking shit.

assuming stoffl et al are racist shitters because they didn't like a film

maybe they just didn't like the film, and you're projecting

:thinking:
    I mean, he specifically mentioned BLM and kumbaya singing, so I'm pretty secure in my assumption.

Yes it's fucking shit.

Same here. The waterfall faux african crap was just too much. In real africa they'd have AKs and RPGs and a Machette or two.
    Будь смиренным, будь кротким, не заботься о тленном
    Власти, данной Богом, сынок, будь навеки верным...
    Я люблю Росcию, я - патриот

I mean, he specifically mentioned BLM and kumbaya singing, so I'm pretty secure in my assumption.
    Saying people are singing kumbaya is now racist.

Quote Originally Posted by Loire
    I'm too stupid to say anything that deserves being in your magnificent signature.

film was shit. saying it's good because of race is racist.

Xenosis in awful virtue signalling nonshocker

lel
    2/10/17 Greatposthellpurge never forget
    23/10/17 The Greatreposteninging ?

lel
    >not sperging out about black people in muh superhero movies is now virtue signalling

I don't think that phrase means anything anymore, you can't just use it to mean "you disagree with me because you're not a cunt"

The movie was a decent superhero action romp, Wakanda was pretty well put together as an isolationist tech-bubble in the middle of modern Africa

lel
    >not sperging out about black people in muh superhero movies is now virtue signalling

I don't think that phrase means anything anymore, you can't just use it to mean "you disagree with me because you're not a cunt"

The movie was a decent superhero action romp, Wakanda was pretty well put together as an isolationist tech-bubble in the middle of modern Africa
    I haven't seen BP yet but at this rate Xeno is basically convincing me that's it's literally a Black Panther propaganda film advocating white genocide. Well done, now stop 'helping'.

Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post

lel

I haven't seen BP yet but at this rate Xeno is basically convincing me that's it's literally a Black Panther propaganda film advocating white genocide. Well done, now stop 'helping'.
    :thinking: if you have difficulty distinguishing antagonist and protagonist characters, maybe?