hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 541 of 543 FirstFirst ... 41441491531538539540541542543 LastLast
Results 10,801 to 10,820 of 10849

Thread: Movie Thread - Cullnerd - Ad Astra is moon

  1. #10801
    Lowa [NSN]'s Avatar
    Join Date
    April 14, 2011
    Posts
    3,241
    Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    The King is fucking good for Netflix.

      Spoiler:
    Now with 200% more daggers! King Henry, King Henry, King Henry
    I enjoyed it. Well made stuff mostly and extended scenes of fire balls in the night is always welcome.


    Also confirming Dolemite being great!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

  2. #10802
    Movember 2012 I Legionnaire's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    1,923
    Quote Originally Posted by mewninn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by I Legionnaire View Post


    Hype tbh, even with Pattinson's questionable accent.
    I gotta say it was pretty comical and dumb

    But everything else about this movie owned. Especially the battle
    His entire character was just too over the top tbh. Film was an 8/10 for me, but would have been higher if le Dauphin had been written a bit better.

    To be fair, I don't know enough about the timeframe. Maybe Pattinson hit it on the nose and that guy was a total cunt irl.

  3. #10803
    Donor Shiodome's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    I am a white male.
    Posts
    5,329
    all kings were cunts.

    the knights charging with swords (vs plate) instead of lances and without shields were cunts also.

  4. #10804

    Join Date
    July 3, 2014
    Posts
    4,809
    some context if people is wondering why Henry 5th was important


  5. #10805
    Movember 2011 RazoR's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The Motherland
    Posts
    31,485
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiodome View Post
    all kings were cunts.

    the knights charging with swords (vs plate) instead of lances and without shields were xMLG420xPU55Y514Y3Rx also.
    fyp

  6. #10806
    SteeleResolve's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Posts
    3,442
    Watched Wounds last night on Netflix.

    I loved it. The misses hated it.

    Anyone else?

  7. #10807
    Sandzibar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    5,723
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiodome View Post
    all kings were cunts.

    the knights charging with swords (vs plate) instead of lances and without shields were cunts also.
    The Dauphin got what he deserved. That bit was great. Enjoyable film to be sure. Although Im at a loss to understand how the knights knew who was who in the mud thunderdome

  8. #10808
    Ashaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 29, 2011
    Posts
    3,818
    Just watched Wyrmwood.

    In an increasingly stale/derailed zombie genre, this was realy not bad at all. Both creepy and entertaining at the same time. And some fresh ideas.

    If you like zombie movies, give it a go.

  9. #10809
    Venec's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Europe's Mexico - Poland
    Posts
    6,357
    Dune has finished production, GET HYPE

    https://movieweb.com/dune-remake-202...is-villeneuve/

  10. #10810

    Join Date
    July 3, 2014
    Posts
    4,809
    Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
    It's good, but somewhat overrated. Quentin will never top Pulp Fiction or, what's in my opinion his best, Reservoir Dogs.
    Still, this is worth a watch and is better than most of the films being made today.

  11. #10811
    Armyofme's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Teddybears.
    Posts
    1,398
    nm
    Last edited by Armyofme; November 24 2019 at 11:43:37 AM.

    phpBB : Critical Error
    Could not connect to the database

  12. #10812
    thebomby's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    7,430
    Quote Originally Posted by I Legionnaire View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mewninn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by I Legionnaire View Post


    Hype tbh, even with Pattinson's questionable accent.
    I gotta say it was pretty comical and dumb

    But everything else about this movie owned. Especially the battle
    His entire character was just too over the top tbh. Film was an 8/10 for me, but would have been higher if le Dauphin had been written a bit better.

    To be fair, I don't know enough about the timeframe. Maybe Pattinson hit it on the nose and that guy was a total cunt irl.
    The whole history of the hundred years war is extremely biased towards the English, at least in English media. I can remember as a little boy hearing anglophiles going Agincourt! and Crecy! but even on YT it's hard to find much on the battles of Patay, where the French annihilated an entire English army including the archers, or Castillon, the last big battle of the war, where the French used artillery on a large scale for the first time and again annihilated the entire English army, including John Talbot. And the English bias ignores that the French won the war. The only French bit that has been utterly over-dramatised was Jean d'Arc.
    Будь смиренным, будь кротким, не заботься о тленном
    Власти, данной Богом, сынок, будь навеки верным...
    Я люблю Росcию, я - патриот

  13. #10813
    Dorvil Barranis's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 18, 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    5,574
    She talked to angels, led men in to battle, and got burned at the stake, lay off my Jeanne d'Arc
    "Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Zhuge Liang


  14. #10814
    thebomby's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    7,430
    She only became Jeanne after the operation.
    Будь смиренным, будь кротким, не заботься о тленном
    Власти, данной Богом, сынок, будь навеки верным...
    Я люблю Росcию, я - патриот

  15. #10815
    Venec's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Europe's Mexico - Poland
    Posts
    6,357
    Rewatched Stalker after 15 years since I first saw it.

    It's perfect.

  16. #10816
    rufuske's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    2,567
    Anyone seen Midway? I want to watch only battle scenes and don't care for the rest. Worth it?

  17. #10817
    Ashaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 29, 2011
    Posts
    3,818
    Quote Originally Posted by thebomby View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by I Legionnaire View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mewninn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by I Legionnaire View Post


    Hype tbh, even with Pattinson's questionable accent.
    I gotta say it was pretty comical and dumb

    But everything else about this movie owned. Especially the battle
    His entire character was just too over the top tbh. Film was an 8/10 for me, but would have been higher if le Dauphin had been written a bit better.

    To be fair, I don't know enough about the timeframe. Maybe Pattinson hit it on the nose and that guy was a total cunt irl.
    The whole history of the hundred years war is extremely biased towards the English, at least in English media. I can remember as a little boy hearing anglophiles going Agincourt! and Crecy! but even on YT it's hard to find much on the battles of Patay, where the French annihilated an entire English army including the archers, or Castillon, the last big battle of the war, where the French used artillery on a large scale for the first time and again annihilated the entire English army, including John Talbot. And the English bias ignores that the French won the war. The only French bit that has been utterly over-dramatised was Jean d'Arc.
    I recall reading "The archers tale" a long time ago. iirc it described how the french roflestomped the brits a few times. Probably still glorified in an english perspective tho, it being a british longbowman protagonist and all.

  18. #10818
    GeromeDoutrande's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Fakefrenchistan
    Posts
    2,449

  19. #10819
    VARRAKK's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 27, 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    6,332
    This looks really good, best Bond!
    The Epic Store is amazing, I've been able to save so much money by not buying their games.

  20. #10820
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    19,784
    Yep it definitely looks like a bond film.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •