hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 11 of 549 FirstFirst ... 8910111213142161111511 ... LastLast

Thread: Movie Thread - Cullnerd - Ad Astra is moon

Saw Hobbit Part 2 today. Liked it a lot more than the first.
    Decent movie all in all though could cope with losing 20 minutes as usual.

Golden Smaug was awesome.
    Please don't teach me what to do with my pc.

http://www.fxguide.com/featured/gravity/
    worth a read if you like reading about that kind of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Takeshi Nuwen View Post
    Looks awesome, been waiting for a film like this for a while.

I just seen this and can't recommend it enough:

You're like a fluffy gerbil sat on a naked woman's crotch, you might think you're looking cool, but everybody else thinks you're a cunt.
    aka Maasu.

Hobbit was disappoint and too long. The ending was unimaginative at best. About half way through I felt taken advantage of by the franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by indeterminacy View Post
    Hobbit was disappoint and too long. The ending was unimaginative at best. About half way through I felt taken advantage of by the franchise.
    I had similar feelings actually. I felt that it was just kind of uninspired. If they'd had a go at contextualising anything that happened that would have improved it a lot but it just felt like a load of disconnected scenes held together with really the barest of plots.

Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

Yeah this summed up my feels fairly accurately , my brother seemed to enjoy it though, however he is a self absorbed cretin with the depth of a rain puddle.
    You're like a fluffy gerbil sat on a naked woman's crotch, you might think you're looking cool, but everybody else thinks you're a cunt.
    aka Maasu.

if they cut 20 mins or so from pretty much anywhere (preferably the stuff in the mountain) and added the first 20 mins of the next film then it would have been much better. As cliffhangers go it was pretty poor especially with the obvious resolution, it was obvious even to people who've never read the book as I overheard a bunch of people talking about it after I left the cinema.

Meh, still want to watch it. Is it at least worth for the action? Preferably in 3d?

I don't think you can not go see it if you're into the story at all. I'm just saying it's not that great.

Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Just my take, but debate and criticism and discussion is great. I'm glad some folks hate Oblivion, makes me think about WHY I liked it when I read their take.

Devolving to "you're a stupid mouthbreathing retard" when someone likes something you don't, whelp, thats a little silly.
    I like telling people who are fans of complete trash that it's complete trash and they should feel bad. Sometimes I like trash too (Death Race, Ninja Assassin) but I acknowledge that it's trash and that I like it anyway. It's not really about liking things or not, it's about making any sort of claim that an awful pile of feces is anything else. I could accept that Prometheus is somewhat enjoyable, if written like cheap nonsense with bad characters. Just don't claim that it's actually a 'good' movie, cause m8 it ian't got what good movies are made of.

Well, except that there are some things nobody should even be allowed to like. Like Battle LA or Transformers.

People get understandably mad when someone does the reverse and takes a good movie, misses the whole point of what's good about it, and complain about some irrelevant detail. I suppose I get dpidcoe's point, but I don't think calling them lazy and complaining about it makes sense. There is clearly a lack of connection between the audience (dpid) and the creators. At no point did I get even the remotest impression that the space didn't look like a reasonably low budget but obviously low gravity, zero atmosphere moon scene. Overthinking details FTL. You shoulda been paying more attention to how great the acting on the part of mr lonely space man was as he falls apart and his duplicate self puts up a mental barrier and pretends like the suffering version of himself is someone else. Fucking a+ acting and writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Loire
    I'm too stupid to say anything that deserves being in your magnificent signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Cortess View Post
    Meh, still want to watch it. Is it at least worth for the action? Preferably in 3d?
    Yeah go and see it, there are action scenes worth seeing but.. y'know. bleh.

Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

Saw Hobbit.

Thoroughly meh.

Smaugedict Dragonbatch was pretty good.

Too much shitty padded action scenes.

What the everloving fuck was that GoPro footage doing there during the Gratuitously Long Barrel Action Fight Scene? Talk about immersion (inb4 'what immersion') breaking.

Also I thought of that fucking Doge meme when Sauron's flaming eye shit happened.

Much evil. Such fire. Wow.

Just saw Anchorman 2, was kinda disappointed. It did the same thing as Hangover 2 and used the same concepts for a bunch of the scenes but altered the jokes. It wasn't nearly as bad as Hangover 2 though, partly because the people who made the new Anchorman used it as a chance to take a giant shit all over CNN and other 24 hour news networks. There was only one joke where I remember laughing really hard, compared to We Are The Millers where I laughed my ass off constantly.

But seriously, the entire existence of the movie is easily justified by the message the producers/directors managed to send in a way anyone can understand. I honestly think this movie will shift public opinion 24 hour news and why it's so fucking stupid (at least a little bit).

Quote Originally Posted by Frug View Post
    I like telling people who are fans of complete trash that it's complete trash and they should feel bad. Sometimes I like trash too (Death Race, Ninja Assassin) but I acknowledge that it's trash and that I like it anyway. It's not really about liking things or not, it's about making any sort of claim that an awful pile of feces is anything else. I could accept that Prometheus is somewhat enjoyable, if written like cheap nonsense with bad characters. Just don't claim that it's actually a 'good' movie, cause m8 it ian't got what good movies are made of.

Well, except that there are some things nobody should even be allowed to like. Like Battle LA or Transformers.
    Ahhhh man why you gotta hate on the robots, Transformers was highly entertaining.

Well, I liked Elysium, because I get all the South African in jokes, and it reminds me of several cyberpunk campaigns I played, and Sharlto totally nails the psychotic ex Recce dude who I know too many of in IRL.
    meh

Saw Walter Mitty, was pretty good. Its genre is feel-good and doesn't really attempt to say anything special. It will likely be one of those movies that I'll think about in a couple years when I'm bored and not looking for something deep but rather entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Takeshi Nuwen View Post
    I like ur delurk.
    Audacter calumniare, semper aliquid haeret

"The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt"
    Bertrand Russell - the Triumph of Stupidity (1933)

"The best lack all conviction, while the worst
    Are full of passionate intensity." -Yeats, 1919

Quote Originally Posted by thebomby View Post
    I find it incredible that a whole country can actually be more retarded than FHC.

The Hobbit 2, Frozen, 47 Ronin. I liked them all.
    <&QuackBot> Fuggin: There once was a man named tugginfuggin. He oft tugged his fuggin. That is the tale of tugginfuggin.

Just watched "Mr Nobody", surprised it was never released in the theaters here (filmed in 2009).
    Was told it was terrible so wasn't expecting much, but a new scifi/ fantasy movie has been added to my favorites list :3

Thanks for reminding me about that one! And in the nick of time too, I have it on one of my streaming services and it has 4 days left before they take it off. \o/
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

Watched The Forgotten over the holidays. Save yourselves the trouble and avoid it. Terrible acting, horrible writing, plot 'twists' that are obvious half an hour in advance.

-O
    I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those Thukkers, that way I wouldn't have to have any goddamn stupid useless conversations with anybody.
    Failing the Voight-Kampff test, one tortoise at a time.