hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 599 of 604 FirstFirst ... 99499549589596597598599600601602 ... LastLast
Results 11,961 to 11,980 of 12074

Thread: Movie Thread - Cullnerd - Ad Astra is moon

I also went to the theather knowing nothing about matrix, just that my friend recommended it. Was a night time premiere and oh boy that was an experience.

I think people are getting hoodwinked by the trailer. It has a Truman Show feel to it, like the machines are purposefully replaying the plot of the first one.

Idk, could be fun.

Maybe they'll go with the idea that the first three movies all took place inside the matrix, that Neo and Zion was a safety system built into the matrix to contain those who stopped believing in the main construct by allowing them to upload into a second one.

Quote Originally Posted by Maximillian View Post
    Maybe they'll go with the idea that the first three movies all took place inside the matrix, that Neo and Zion was a safety system built into the matrix to contain those who stopped believing in the main construct by allowing them to upload into a second one.
    I always thought that the rabbit hole wasn't deep enough
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

not a single sign of the mech suits now that i think of it, what hopes I had are dashed!

So, I finally watched the later two John Wick movies.

Yes action is great, choreography is great... But its sooooo soooo very stupid. All the bad guys do in 95% of cases is to just run into Kean's bullets or knives. Even the "specops" team was acting tacticool for their introductory scene and then went into "charge his bullets with our bodies", having exhausted all their flashbangs and smoke on a empty hall.

Even compared to other assassins, Wick is not just the best of than all, he is a 100x or 1000x better.

And fans love it so much there are at least two more movies already announced...

Quote Originally Posted by dzajic View Post

Yes action is great, choreography is great... But its sooooo soooo very stupid. All the bad guys do in 95% of cases is to just run into Kean's bullets or knives. Even the "specops" team was acting tacticool for their introductory scene and then went into "charge his bullets with our bodies", having exhausted all their flashbangs and smoke on a empty hall.

Even compared to other assassins, Wick is not just the best of than all, he is a 100x or 1000x better.

And fans love it so much there are at least two more movies already announced...
    Watching a movie where a dude dies because he has to face 4 or more people would be pretty boring, what do you expect?

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar

I zoned out in the middle of the second one.

Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post

Pew pew

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    So went to the theatre yesterday and saw Dune. Can recommend. It does a good job at balancing between following the lore and keeping the stuff out that really does not lend itself well to the screen. So, it isn't as trippy and/or batshit insane as the Lynch adaptation but you recognize it as Dune, and it has the distinct Villeneuve aesthetic. Cinematography is excellent, character portrayals are good. Although I wish it could have gone a bit deeper fleshing out things that makes the characters of Dune special. It doesn't go into much detail covering the roles of the characters in the story, like mentats, guild navigators, the special role spice has enhancing the human mind etc. People who are completely new to the lore and don't know anything about Dune isn't going to get immersed into the universe of Herbert as well by seeing these movies. It just skims the surface of so many things that is hallmarks of the story.

But that doesn't have to be a bad thing in order to keep a good flow of the story going. It does very well covering the most important aspects.

Has it opened somewhere else a month earlier than the uk?

Goddamn Skarsgård got the film to his fellow Scandi Harkonnens two weeks ahead of us

Skarsgård is an excellent actor, and perfect to portray Vladimir. But I can't help to not think of the 'Swedish chef' every time he talks with his distinct Swedish accent. Which was kind of amplified in the scene (minor spoilers)

Spoiler:
    After the Harkonnens had taken over the Atreides city, and the duke is brought in front of the Baron who is gorging himself on food, he exclaims "You have an excellent kitchen, cousin!". Ofc in a Swedish accent. Couldn't help my mind wander off to flying pots and pans

Baron Harkonnen deleted kitchen scene
      Spoiler:
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Love around the world

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt14054860/

Really cool documentary, made by a Croatian couple

Saw Love and Monsters and I really really really enjoyed it. Beyond the obvious tongue-in-cheek stuff, there's really a build up and a hero's journey in there, with very satisfying outcomes. Overall it's actually quite a bit more than just another popcorn movie.
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    Saw Love and Monsters and I really really really enjoyed it. Beyond the obvious tongue-in-cheek stuff, there's really a build up and a hero's journey in there, with very satisfying outcomes. Overall it's actually quite a bit more than just another popcorn movie.
    Not gonna disagree with you on this one. Me and the kids watched it, and everyone enjoyed it a lot

phpBB : Critical Error
    Could not connect to the database

Quote Originally Posted by Equium Duo View Post
    Has it opened somewhere else a month earlier than the uk?
    yeah, in russia

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    Agreed!

I got around to watching Tenet tonight, actually enjoyed that as well.
    Last edited by Lowa [NSN]; September 20 2021 at 08:57:33 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.