hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 597 of 604 FirstFirst ... 97497547587594595596597598599600 ... LastLast
Results 11,921 to 11,940 of 12073

Thread: Movie Thread - Cullnerd - Ad Astra is moon

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Foiritain View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruri View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    I enjoyed it. Fun movie, not what I expected from it. And it certainly didn't pretend to be something it wasn't.
    I ~hoped~ it would be a James Gunn movie, expected horrible studio exec interference, and what I got was thankfully just a James Gunn movie. Dunno how it's performing though, if this doesn't make DC a bajillion dollars they are likely to panic all over again and never hire anyone interesting for future films.
    Its not going to make them a brazillian dollars. Box office results are apparently under already-low-pandemic expectations. It was released on HBO max as well though so maybe they got a lot of new subs there.
    At least over here movie theaters are still either heavily limited on the max seats they are allowed to fill or completely closed. And even where they are open with the limitations the screenings aren't getting anywhere close to the limits. There have also been deals where you can rent out the whole screen with 10 of your friends for ~250e and choose what to watch from a decent catalogue, and they aren't selling either.

Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post
    I enjoyed it. Fun movie, not what I expected from it. And it certainly didn't pretend to be something it wasn't.
    I ~hoped~ it would be a James Gunn movie, expected horrible studio exec interference, and what I got was thankfully just a James Gunn movie. Dunno how it's performing though, if this doesn't make DC a bajillion dollars they are likely to panic all over again and never hire anyone interesting for future films.
    Its not going to make them a brazillian dollars. Box office results are apparently under already-low-pandemic expectations. It was released on HBO max as well though so maybe they got a lot of new subs there.
    At least over here movie theaters are still either heavily limited on the max seats they are allowed to fill or completely closed. And even where they are open with the limitations the screenings aren't getting anywhere close to the limits. There have also been deals where you can rent out the whole screen with 10 of your friends for ~250e and choose what to watch from a decent catalogue, and they aren't selling either.
    Yeah corona restrictions are one of the major contributors, especially in the US where rona is spiraling out or control again and consumer interest in going to a theater is dropping off a cliff again.

On a related note, I just watched Birds of Prey yesterday, as it got released on Netflix over here. I enjoyed that. I never was a big fan of the Joker (as a kid), let alone Harley Quinn - I found other Batman villains (e.g. The Riddler) more appealing. But Margot Robbie's very fitting over-the-top acting makes it a pleasure to watch her. The other birds were a bit weak (written), though Black Canary had her moments. The villains were better portrayed/written, IMHO.

New record

Witcher - Nightmare of the Wolf.

I mean I liked it...but I cant shake the feeling that it could have been made better as a series. It needed more time to develop.
    Generally it was well made and voice acting as quite alright, the story has the right idea but very rushed imho. I also think that if you dont have a deep knowledge of the world and lore names and places mentioned dont fill in the gaps (enough).
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard

"Deep" knowledge? AKA paying the slightest attention while doing anything else in the franchise (god that a hard word to type here but i guess it is now) besides the 3rd game and having a look at the map.

Yeah corona restrictions are one of the major contributors, especially in the US where rona is spiraling out or control again and consumer interest in going to a theater is dropping off a cliff again.
    I will not be denied from watching Dune in IMAX.

Just saw Shang Chi.

Reminded me more of the Chinese fairy tales like Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon instead of a Marvel movie.
    Leaps and bounds more interesting than Black Widow. But also equally forgettable and pretty weak compared to the "real" Marvel super heroes.
    Why is it called earth, when it is mostly water???

Quote Originally Posted by August View Post
    I will not be denied from watching Dune in IMAX.
    Yup. Gimme the vaccine passports as long as in a month or two I can see Dune in theatres.

the new Wheel of Time trailer doesn't inspire confidence. I get The Shannara chronicles TV series vibes.

Quote Originally Posted by Redmoore View Post
    the new Wheel of Time trailer doesn't inspire confidence. I get The Shannara chronicles TV series vibes.
    Oh god, are they leaning on the polyamory angle? Not to forget the femdom later on.

Ive read like 6 of the books, but looking back there was about a 3:1 ratio of dogshit to interesting stuff (mostly around the reincarnation and fantasy metaphysics stuff).

e: Okay ive seen it, and it looks like a CW show. Hard pass.
    Last edited by Lilalaunebör; September 3 2021 at 05:37:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Winged Nazgul View Post

Just saw Shang Chi.

Reminded me more of the Chinese fairy tales like Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon instead of a Marvel movie.
    Leaps and bounds more interesting than Black Widow. But also equally forgettable and pretty weak compared to the "real" Marvel super heroes.
    Worth a trip to Imax, or wait for Disney+?

The high seas. And yeah, its completely forgettable, in that patented Marvel Formula(tm) kind of way. Trevor is the only remotely entertaining part.

Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    Just saw Shang Chi.

Worth a trip to Imax, or wait for Disney+?
    Not missing out.
    Why is it called earth, when it is mostly water???

Massive nostalgia goosebumps from the trailer.

Still going to be a fucking awful movie.

I get that every action movie is basically The Matrix now but it looks as visually uninspired as an Avengers movie.

Will still probably watch.