hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 595 of 604 FirstFirst ... 95495545585592593594595596597598 ... LastLast
Results 11,881 to 11,900 of 12073

Thread: Movie Thread - Cullnerd - Ad Astra is moon

Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GeromeDoutrande View Post
    I know I'm probably alone in this on here, but I have zero enthusiasm for a "Dune cinematic universe". As far as I am concerned, nothing exists beyond the first two books.
    I go one step further: I'm a sucker for everything science fiction, but for whatever reason Dune never appealed to me. I remember having read at least one book when I served my conscription. I saw some of the TV movies, but all I remember of them is that Sting played a role. Othewise the only feeling that comes up when I think of Dune is "boring". And I can't even tell why that is the case ...
    That wasn't a TV movie with Sting, that was the insane film that David Lynch made, with some great moments, and a far vaster number of bad ones.

Saw Jolt from Amazon, just another ridiculous movie, Kate Beckinsale is still sexy

Saw Ready of Not. Absolutely hilarious.
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Candy Crush View Post
    Saw Jolt from Amazon, just another ridiculous movie, Kate Beckinsale is still sexy

Watched the first 20 minutes of this and it reminded me of a woman I met a few months ago. Gonna give her a ring
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

Kate Beckinsale is still sexy
    And that alone is reason enough to watch it

phpBB : Critical Error
    Could not connect to the database

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Coutu View Post
    I know I'm probably alone in this on here, but I have zero enthusiasm for a "Dune cinematic universe". As far as I am concerned, nothing exists beyond the first two books.
    I go one step further: I'm a sucker for everything science fiction, but for whatever reason Dune never appealed to me. I remember having read at least one book when I served my conscription. I saw some of the TV movies, but all I remember of them is that Sting played a role. Othewise the only feeling that comes up when I think of Dune is "boring". And I can't even tell why that is the case ...
    That wasn't a TV movie with Sting, that was the insane film that David Lynch made, with some great moments, and a far vaster number of bad ones.
    OK, so even an actual movie. Saw it on TV nonetheless and it felt like a made-for-TV movie. But I saw others, too.

There are also two TV mini-series with three episodes each (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Herbert%27s_Dune, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_...ildren_of_Dune), sounds a bit like they all merged into one big spice melange for you. The TV stuff is a lot less weird than the David Lynch film.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Coutu View Post
    OK, so even an actual movie. Saw it on TV nonetheless and it felt like a made-for-TV movie. But I saw others, too.
    It definitely does feel like 80s made for TV quality. It's a film that you'd need the tech we have now to attempt for sure, ita sfx are needed to build the world. The fights and shields are just so bad as well. Just bizarre but again some great scenes with Paul getting pissed.

Probably because anything lynch made was originally intended as a TV show but then gets cut down and mangled into a movie because retarded studio executives.

Gesendet von meinem M2012K11AG mit Tapatalk

I am going to assume, sight unseen, that it is a feminist retelling of Crank: High Voltage.

Could be funny while drunk, but the wobwob and "always night in cyberpunk land" lighting doesnt make me hopeful.

The Dutch in Indonesia, a movie to come

Quote Originally Posted by Lilalaunebör View Post

I am going to assume, sight unseen, that it is a feminist retelling of Crank: High Voltage.

Could be funny while drunk, but the wobwob and "always night in cyberpunk land" lighting doesnt make me hopeful.
    Watched it, its dumb, crank was much better. Kate Beckinsale is shockingly hot for an 48 year old though. Like what the fuck how. Did scientists invent the cure to aging and only tell rich people or something?

She has wobbly mom arms, just look at the preview picture. Sharp knees, wouldnt bang 1/10.

/s

you also have wobbly mom arms. what's your excuse?

She has good genes and benefits of cosmetic surgery, now celebs look much better old than young.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Foiritain View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilalaunebör View Post

Watched it, its dumb, crank was much better. Kate Beckinsale is shockingly hot for an 48 year old though. Like what the fuck how. Did scientists invent the cure to aging and only tell rich people or something?
    Plastic surgery, dermatology, and dentistry for rich people are all insanely next-level these days. Check out Khloe Kardashian’s before and after pics. It won’t be long before society starts believing that some of these procedures should be covered for everyone by the state, like teeth braces are now for example.

Quote Originally Posted by August View Post
    . It won’t be long before society starts believing that some of these procedures should be covered for everyone by the state, like teeth braces are now for example.
    You live in a country which won't even cover cancer treatment lmao
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

I expected Jungle Cruise to be The Mummy: Swamp edition, but it was much worse.

The Green Knight is out, and by all accounts not bad. Sadly, it isnt streaming anywhere and all the independent cinemas in my city are still closed...

I watched Zola the other day, mixed feelings about it but overall not completely terrible. As they say, truth is stranger than fiction because it doesnt have to make sense.
    Last edited by Lilalaunebör; August 1 2021 at 09:07:27 AM.

The Suicide Squad is fun. Out on HBO Max this weekend, so should also become "available" around then.