hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 615 of 616 FirstFirst ... 115515565605612613614615616 LastLast
Results 12,281 to 12,300 of 12319

Thread: Movie Thread - Cullnerd - Ad Astra is moon

Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Equium Duo View Post
    Gonna watch jurassic Park tomorrow, excited!
    The first one? Still the best.
    No the latest new one, I liked it. But Im no film critic.

Quote Originally Posted by Candy Crush View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by August View Post
    The thing is, he does all that because Scientology told him he has special powers and he believed them.
    The dirty secret of Tom Cruise's stunts

Great story, I forget how funny Matt Damon is, he's a such a humble guy, and he always tries to show the good side of other actors.

I saw the movie last night, relaxing, it use the same recipe for any sport movie.

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Saw Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings a few days ago. Marvel wuxia, better than expected.

Also saw Turning Red. It was okay, but nothing great.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard (updated link)

Quote Originally Posted by liamii View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Candy Crush View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by August View Post
    The thing is, he does all that because Scientology told him he has special powers and he believed them.
    The dirty secret of Tom Cruise's stunts

Great story, I forget how funny Matt Damon is, he's a such a humble guy, and he always tries to show the good side of other actors.
    He stayed with his family in the penthouse of a hotel I was working at a couple years ago in Queenstown.

They were celebrating one of the kid's birthdays. He drank a magnum of pinot noir to himself and kept sneaking out the back to smoke rollies.

Shorter than I expected but he seemed pretty chill.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

I have seen everything everywhere all at once. The experience was pleasant.

I watched Fried Barry, I thought that I'd found it here but the search disagrees. It wasn't... Bad, but left me full of wtf.

Probably best experienced high
    My solo pvp video: Yankunytjude... That attitude!
    Solo/small gang proposal: Ship Velocity Vectors

Watched the latest Thor, not impressed.

It's 100% comedy all the time, delivered by actors who are not comedians. The only one who plays it straight is Bale, which makes him stick out all the more.

Without knowing anything about the production, i would say this is what happens when noone wants to tell the director "no".

If you are looking for the latest MCU fix, or are like 12, it's okay i guess.

Much better to rewatch Ragnarok instead of watching Love & Thunder. Weird tonal shifts all over the place, comedy mostly didn't land for me unlike in Ragnarok. Bale did a good job and there is a black&white set piece that looks very good, but that is pretty much it.

I loved this Thor movie, they follow the lore of MCU.
    Those fucking goats, laughed my ass off.
    Movie was Taika Waititi through and through
    Why is it called earth, when it is mostly water???

Saw Before Sunset. Amazing. I'm a fan of Before Sunrise, but this one has much better dialogue.

Why is it called earth, when it is mostly water???

Quote Originally Posted by GeromeDoutrande View Post
    Tried watching this today, but couldn't finish.
    It's sooo bad, and not even funny bad, just bad.
    Looks like they've tried to do a Bourne like movie, but failed horribly.
    The overall plot might have worked, but not with such cartoon-like characters.

Those streaming action films are paint by number and not worth bothering with. They get an "It'll do"' script and director, then splash out on 2-3 A-listers, some explosions and call it a day. Red Notice was the same.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

I hope for more gore.

Saw Thor: Love and Thunder

Clearly tried to repeat the fun and loose vibe of Ragnarok, but alot of it felt sorta forced, definitely not the same easy humour of the previous film.

As is usual with Marvels films, the "introduce a baddie no one has ever heard of before outside comic fandom, then kill him off before the end of the film" problem was still quite clear here. Bale was pretty darn good, but the rush-job of his character made all his motivations feel a bit too quick all round.

Still, a fun way to spend a 102 degree 100% humidity day in our globally warmed world while sucking down awful popcorn. Extra butter means extra butter, not no butter. Lol.

Probably 2nd or 3rd best Thor, Fun-Thor is always better than Serious-Thor, but the 4th Thor film was only incrementally better than the very first Thor film, and something of a miss from Ragnarok.

P.S. The Righties are going to hate it, there was a whole lot of things (women power, gay characters everywhere, profanity) that will trigger them hard in this one. I'm almost surprised there hasn't been more outrage from the American Taliban on this one.

Spoiler:
    It'll all be worth it if next up we get a follow-up from the Mid-credits scene, with Hercules (played by the brilliant Brett Goldstein from Ted Lasso) vs. Thor, and no more love-based subplots, endless little kid scenes or Jane Foster appearances. Just good old fight-y action and some of the humour of the two from the comics.

That could be alot of fun.
    Last edited by Alistair; July 25 2022 at 04:27:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Saw Thor: Love and Thunder

Clearly tried to repeat the fun and loose vibe of Ragnarok, but alot of it felt sorta forced, definitely not the same easy humour of the previous film.

As is usual with Marvels films, the "introduce a baddie no one has ever heard of before outside comic fandom, then kill him off before the end of the film" problem was still quite clear here. Bale was pretty darn good, but the rush-job of his character made all his motivations feel a bit too quick all round.

Still, a fun way to spend a 102 degree 100% humidity day in our globally warmed world while sucking down awful popcorn. Extra butter means extra butter, not no butter. Lol.

Probably 2nd or 3rd best Thor, Fun-Thor is always better than Serious-Thor, but the 4th Thor film was only incrementally better than the very first Thor film, and something of a miss from Ragnarok.

P.S. The Righties are going to hate it, there was a whole lot of things (women power, gay characters everywhere, profanity) that will trigger them hard in this one. I'm almost surprised there hasn't been more outrage from the American Taliban on this one.

Spoiler:
    It'll all be worth it if next up we get a follow-up from the Mid-credits scene, with Hercules (played by the brilliant Brett Goldstein from Ted Lasso) vs. Thor, and no more love-based subplots, endless little kid scenes or Jane Foster appearances. Just good old fight-y action and some of the humour of the two from the comics.

That could be alot of fun.
    Yeah I pretty much agree. It's a movie you can watch at home instead.

Personally I wish they'd scale back on fun Thor or rather everyone around Fun-Thor. Quite frankly, a jealous axe doesn't tickle my funny bone.

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Begrudgingly saw Arrival last night, since it was leaving Prime Video in less than 2 hours and I really wanted to watch The Expanse instead. Really glad I saw it.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard (updated link)

Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    Begrudgingly saw Arrival last night, since it was leaving Prime Video in less than 2 hours and I really wanted to watch The Expanse instead. Really glad I saw it.
    Ye Arrival is good
    Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Also that didn't sound like abloo bloo to me, PM me and we can agree on a meeting spot and settle this with queensberry rules, that's a serious offer btw. I've been a member of this community since 2005 and i've never met a more toxic individual.