hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 614 of 616 FirstFirst ... 114514564604611612613614615616 LastLast
Results 12,261 to 12,280 of 12319

Thread: Movie Thread - Cullnerd - Ad Astra is moon

Quote Originally Posted by Stoffl View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowa [NSN] View Post
    New Predator! And damn it if doesnt look good!

https://youtu.be/NMJs3Zsj4Lg
    that somehow gave me massive goosebumps.
    One thing that I thought was cool as this is a couple of hundred years earlier than previously it seems that the Predator is also less advanced.
    While it has the laser sight it didnt look to have the plasma canon, looked like a projectile weapon? And uses a lot more hand to hand/melee combat.
    (But there was a hint of something that looked like it disintegrated a dude so still OP as fuck. )
    Last edited by Lowa [NSN]; June 9 2022 at 08:46:57 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

Nah, that one just likes his stuff retro.

I think they use weapons appropriate to the threat posed by the prey if any of the old paperbacks I read have any credence to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandzibar View Post
    I think they use weapons appropriate to the threat posed by the prey if any of the old paperbacks I read have any credence to them.
    Pretty much, otherwise there's no thrill or honour in a kill.

Quote Originally Posted by GeromeDoutrande View Post
    Have seen this now, possibly the most bromantic movie of all time

Top Gun was awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowa [NSN] View Post
    New Predator! And damn it if doesnt look good!

https://youtu.be/NMJs3Zsj4Lg
    Machiko Noguchi vibes, I like it!

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    Top Gun was awesome.
    Apparently Tom Cruise has a commercial pilot license for multi-engine aircraft and helicopters, along with aerobatic license for helicopters and he designed the three month boot camp for the actors. The boot camp was signed off by the Navy.

If he wasn't into Scientology, the world would implode around how awesome he'd be.

Spoiler:

Can Tom Cruise... / Did Tom Cruise really...

Answer: yes.
    That's P51 in the hangar he tinkers with? It's his garage and his privately owned plane.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    Top Gun was awesome.
    Apparently Tom Cruise has a commercial pilot license for multi-engine aircraft and helicopters, along with aerobatic license for helicopters and he designed the three month boot camp for the actors. The boot camp was signed off by the Navy.

If he wasn't into Scientology, the world would implode around how awesome he'd be.

Spoiler:

That's P51 in the hangar he tinkers with? It's his garage and his privately owned plane.

Top Gun was awesome.

Spoiler:

nevar forget

The thing is, he does all that because Scientology told him he has special powers and he believed them.

Quote Originally Posted by August View Post
    The thing is, he does all that because Scientology told him he has special powers and he believed them.
    The dirty secret of Tom Cruise's stunts

The dirty secret of Tom Cruise's stunts

I like him, I said it.

Amber Midthunder was fucking awesome in the "Legion" tv show, glad to see her doing something else big.

I have a different theory. It's a weird mix of fascination with physical performance to the tone of Buster Keaton and all his insane stunts, coupled with lifestyle/whatever induced dopamine receptor issues. For him it's either that or overdosing on whatever is popular to get that high in Hollywood nowadays. And he's been clean throughout his whole carrer. The whole scientology kerfuffle is a screaming analogy in my eyes of recovering alcoholics that face similiar neurological issues suddenly becoming extremly religious, finding jesus etc. Here's a fun exercise - go to your nearest aa meeting and see for yourself how prevalent religious motives are in there. He's a guy with a latent death wish, he's done all, can be all, do all etc. Only thing left in life to get that surge of dopamine is to push envelope even further. More dangerous and life threatening this is, the better. But all under the pretense and in service of entertainment and producing more and more elaborate set pieces and stunts. Another fun exercise - try to do meta analysis of this movie plot from that perspective. Include how well real Tom Cruise was able to stay romantically involved with his partners vs Maverick. Or his relationship with his children. For me this whole movie is screaming with meta motives to the tune of that. I'm almost sure when he's crying in the movie there's not much acting involved. Just an introspective look of a man that on a surface achieved everything.

Guy on one hand is an everything every man aspires to be and on the other a cautionary tale where that road leads. He's a reverse to eg Johnny Depp averse. But it's still the same coin.
    Last edited by rufuske; June 10 2022 at 09:50:40 PM.

I have a different theory. It's a weird mix of fascination with physical performance to the tone of Buster Keaton and all his insane stunts, coupled with lifestyle/whatever induced dopamine receptor issues. For him it's either that or overdosing on whatever is popular to get that high in Hollywood nowadays. And he's been clean throughout his whole carrer. The whole scientology kerfuffle is a screaming analogy in my eyes of recovering alcoholics that face similiar neurological issues suddenly becoming extremly religious, finding jesus etc. Here's a fun exercise - go to your nearest aa meeting and see for yourself how prevalent religious motives are in there. He's a guy with a latent death wish, he's done all, can be all, do all etc. Only thing left in life to get that surge of dopamine is to push envelope even further. More dangerous and life threatening this is, the better. But all under the pretense and in service of entertainment and producing more and more elaborate set pieces and stunts. Another fun exercise - try to do meta analysis of this movie plot from that perspective. Include how well real Tom Cruise was able to stay romantically involved with his partners vs Maverick. Or his relationship with his children. For me this whole movie is screaming with meta motives to the tune of that. I'm almost sure when he's crying in the movie there's not much acting involved. Just an introspective look of a man that on a surface achieved everything.

Guy on one hand is an everything every man aspires to be and on the other a cautionary tale where that road leads. He's a reverse to eg Johnny Depp averse. But it's still the same coin.
    Interesting take on Cruise, i like it.
    Schopenhauer:

All truth passes through three stages.
    First, it is ridiculed.
    Second, it is violently opposed.
    Third, it is accepted as being self-evident..

Gonna watch jurassic Park tomorrow, excited!

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Equium Duo View Post
    Gonna watch jurassic Park tomorrow, excited!
    The first one? Still the best.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard (updated link)