hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 607 of 612 FirstFirst ... 107507557597604605606607608609610 ... LastLast
Results 12,121 to 12,140 of 12228

Thread: Movie Thread - Cullnerd - Ad Astra is moon

Batman looks really batmanish.
    But Bruce Wayne looks very emoish.

As long as it is dark, violent I'll be happy.
    Why is it called earth, when it is mostly water???

I'm interested.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    There is this weird weightlessness to the thing, no sense of peril for the cast. Agents are no longer deadly unstoppable opponents that must be feared and fled from, even for normal non-"the ones".
    Fist-bumping robot pets
    I agree with the first bit, there's no sense of danger at all and that makes the movie somehow bland. But the agents not being deadly unstoppable opponents is somehow explained - hordes of bots are used instead because it's easier to copy paste them instead of designing/building a proper agent.

Also fist-bump robot best robot
    Ok on the bots thing, but there are still agents in it. The blue bad pussy girl kicks their arse at the beginning, in fact everyone does. Plus, when the bots surround the gang, and then there's a cut, and then next scene the gang arte all in trucks shooting at the bots, how did that happen? some snide direction

TBF though Add to the Positive points in the film:The one new bit of stuff in it, the kamikaze ting. That was fresh
    TBH since I've seen it a couple of times I can't get it out of my head on how absurd it was. The movie, I mean. The whole thing is such a complete shit show overall that it's incredible. Then I found a few comments on a YT review

A few hours of frustration after watching the movie, I realized that it's an intentional parody of the metaverse. Listen to the Merovingian's speech, he is the amalgamation of the movie! He blames Neo for Facebook and Wikipedia, lol.. Everyone's a trafficker of information these days. The team discussion on crappy sequel ideas.. we need ideas! Neo on the toilet, quote on the wall: "It is so much simpler to bury reality than it is to dispose of dreams". We live in a metaverse that buries reality every single day.

The title "resurrections", they brought character's back to life to rehash old themes. And then they kept it up.. The white rabbit, bugs bunny.. Ion, Zion.. Morpheus who's not Morpheus, Smith who's not Smith.. Neo, the one not the one.. Neo willing to sacrifice Ion for Trinity, when he previously sacrificed everything to save Zion...

The entire movie is contradictions and carbon-copy mockery, trying to get under our skin, in order to make us wake up and see reality. We're constantly fed BS narratives in movies and news media, designed to keep us compliant and dumb. I think this movie deliberately took this to an absurd level, slaying the sacred cow, in order to make us see it.
    I agree with this viewpoint. I loved the movie to bits exactly because it’s such a parody of itself. Reductio ad absurdum all the way throughout.

Replacing agents with swarms of mindless bots is another nudge towards the idea that quantity trumps quality for a while now. Why put in the effort when throwing enough shit at something does the same job with much less strain? Like the whole movie at the end of it, you can’t help but feel the absurdity in your bones.
    I just watched another Matrix Resurrections review where the guy said that the movie likely was intentionally made bad. There are even references suggesting it in the movie itself. Like, that meeting where Smith says that Warner wants a Matrix sequel and is going to do it anyway, with or without Neo. I feel like Lana Wachowski intentionally put this scene in the movie and intentionally made everything look amateurish.

There's a scene in the first Matrix movie where Neo helps out his hacker buddy and meets White Rabbit girl for the first time. In that scene he opens a book called Simulacra & Simulation by Jean Baudrillard. The book talks about symbols losing their meaning and eventually referring to themselves. That's what Matrix: Resurections is. It's a symbol that has lost its original meaning and has become its own reality.

Ah yes, the "jokes on them, im only pretending" defence

Ah yes, the "jokes on them, im only pretending" defence
    Was going to post exactly that meme.

As for me, I didn’t like Matrix 4 but I did think it was fresh and brought a new energy.

Peak straw clutching. They're giving her far too much credit.

See; Jupiter Ascending for details.

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar

Specially Pegged Donor Overspark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrixus Zephyr View Post
    Peak straw clutching. They're giving her far too much credit.

See; Jupiter Ascending for details.
    Jupiter Ascending was amazing though.

Watched Dont Look Up, because apparently I like to make my own bad omens.

It's pretty good, not really as funny as you would expect though, if you go in with an Idiocracy mindset. Incredibly stacked cast, Jonah Hill and Cate Blanchett stand out. Leonardo DiCaprio tries to have a "I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore" moment, but it feels overly preachy and falls flat (which might have been the point, since he gets cut off).

I think the reason I dont rate it higher is that it tries to jam too many things together, and the message gets muddled as a result. I suspect the movie isnt going to age well, since it relies a lot on current references. Hell, in some respects it is already outdated.

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Just came back from The Matrix Resurrections. I thought it was great. Lots of meta and self-deprecating humor. Was wondering how many levels of the Matrix there were long before they said "matrix within the matrix" in the movie.

There is a post-credits scene, so don't miss it.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard (updated link)

Quote Originally Posted by Lilalaunebör View Post
    Watched Dont Look Up, because apparently I like to make my own bad omens.

It's pretty good, not really as funny as you would expect though, if you go in with an Idiocracy mindset. Incredibly stacked cast, Jonah Hill and Cate Blanchett stand out. Leonardo DiCaprio tries to have a "I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore" moment, but it feels overly preachy and falls flat (which might have been the point, since he gets cut off).

I think the reason I dont rate it higher is that it tries to jam too many things together, and the message gets muddled as a result. I suspect the movie isnt going to age well, since it relies a lot on current references. Hell, in some respects it is already outdated.
    I just saw it. I liked it but the 'Leonardo DiCaprio tries to have a "I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore" moment' just went whomp whomp. Bad writing imo.

Not read any reviews yet but its a real, imo, how do you say? dont 'pick one side and sabotage the other' kinda feel like it does with covid.
    Schopenhauer:

All truth passes through three stages.
    First, it is ridiculed.
    Second, it is violently opposed.
    Third, it is accepted as being self-evident..

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post

I came across this article and it's hilarious how the critics reacted to Don't Look Up. Hint - exactly as the media in the movie reacted to common sense suggestions.
    https://www.currentaffairs.org/2021/...e-entire-point

Good one, thnx Cosmin
    Schopenhauer:

All truth passes through three stages.
    First, it is ridiculed.
    Second, it is violently opposed.
    Third, it is accepted as being self-evident..

Don't Look Up is really fucking frustrating to watch. Would recommend.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Also that didn't sound like abloo bloo to me, PM me and we can agree on a meeting spot and settle this with queensberry rules, that's a serious offer btw. I've been a member of this community since 2005 and i've never met a more toxic individual.

Saw the new Matrix, maybe it's shit maybe it isnt, idk. But one major thing that pissed me off is the cinematography: more than half the action is shot like a fucking Youtube video. Tons of shaky cam, oversaturated colors, no depth of field. Makes it look like some kind of soap opera. I wonder what happened, did they just run out of time and money during post-production?

Spoiler:

The other thing is more of a pet peeve, the powersets are complete bullshit. Neo can "stop bullets" because... thats what he did in the first one, i guess? So, of course, they make him run around like some geriatric human shield while a bunch of metrosexual GenZ's flip around making pewpew sounds with their mouths. All the while the Big Bad can stop time, but only if noone says mean things to him and he can stroke his pussy or... something. And NuSmith is some kind of court jester, popping in at irregular intervals to spout vague nonsense and then fuck off again.

I mean, it was never about Neo stopping bullets, the twist of the first one was that he realized the bullets werent bullets and he could do whatever wanted. How did that get messed up so hard?

Oh and the conflict of the movie is also entirely stupid. Theres some big mystery around whats going on with the machines and the new Matrix, but they have machine allies right there that they could ask ffs. "Hey Bob the robo-builder, you know that mysterious New Power we heard about? Whats up with that? Oh, cool, anyways how's the wife and kids doing?"

I take it back, it's shit. It started out strong with the Matrix within the Matrix stuff, and Neo being the "architect" of his own fake reality, and then went off the rails.
    Last edited by Lilalaunebör; January 2 2022 at 11:25:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilalaunebör View Post
    Saw the new Matrix, maybe it's shit maybe it isnt, idk. But one major thing that pissed me off is the cinematography: more than half the action is shot like a fucking Youtube video. Tons of shaky cam, oversaturated colors, no depth of field. Makes it look like some kind of soap opera. I wonder what happened, did they just run out of time and money during post-production?

Spoiler:

The other thing is more of a pet peeve, the powersets are complete bullshit. Neo can "stop bullets" because... thats what he did in the first one, i guess? So, of course, they make him run around like some geriatric human shield while a bunch of metrosexual GenZ's flip around making pewpew sounds with their mouths. All the while the Big Bad can stop time, but only if noone says mean things to him and he can stroke his pussy or... something. And NuSmith is some kind of court jester, popping in at irregular intervals to spout vague nonsense and then fuck off again.

I mean, it was never about Neo stopping bullets, the twist of the first one was that he realized the bullets werent bullets and he could do whatever wanted. How did that get messed up so hard?
    Matrix 4 is the most expensive of the 4 movies by around 40 million. It seems the more money you give Wachowskis the worst the final product is.

There is a movie reviewer summing up '21 who says Free Guy is actually the matrix movie sequel that we wanted.

I like the idea behind Matrix 4, but the execution left a lot to be desired. Mainly because of too much fan service and flashbacks to previous movies.

Obligatory:
    Also that didn't sound like abloo bloo to me, PM me and we can agree on a meeting spot and settle this with queensberry rules, that's a serious offer btw. I've been a member of this community since 2005 and i've never met a more toxic individual.

Also it's like none of the fight choreographers really watched the first Matrix to figure out what mate the fight scenes so good. Like the subway fight:

Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    Valhalla Rising is a very strange beast. I guess you either love it or hate it.
    Depends on what your expectations are when viewing it. If you want action romp, it's actually funny how badly you're gonna be disappointed. And if you like artsy-fartsy cinema with beautiful cinematography dripping with symbolism, it's one of the all time greats.
    None of the above and I actually can't stand art cinema. But I love Nordic/Germanic lore and mythology and obviously this one has plenty of it.

I loved Valhalla Rising
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.