hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 606 of 612 FirstFirst ... 106506556596603604605606607608609 ... LastLast
Results 12,101 to 12,120 of 12234

Thread: Movie Thread - Cullnerd - Ad Astra is moon

Valhalla Rising is a very strange beast. I guess you either love it or hate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    Valhalla Rising is a very strange beast. I guess you either love it or hate it.
    Depends on what your expectations are when viewing it. If you want action romp, it's actually funny how badly you're gonna be disappointed. And if you like artsy-fartsy cinema with beautiful cinematography dripping with symbolism, it's one of the all time greats.

Looks like Eggers with new one wants to do both at same time or it's another misleading trailer. Either way, can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    Low body fat percentage will do that for you. He's pretty much in the hollywood shredded zone all the time. You're seeing his bone structure topped with muscles all the time.
    What? He just has thin lips.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Low body fat percentage will do that for you. He's pretty much in the hollywood shredded zone all the time. You're seeing his bone structure topped with muscles all the time.
    And next to no fat on him.

Stop being incels ffs. Please go see the Graham Norton show where this comes from.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

Maxtrix 4
    Meh
    CGI not great, fight scenes not amazing , more boringly paced than matrix 3. I would rank it about the same as 3, which is below 2 and way below 1.
    Worth a watch if you have low expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowa [NSN] View Post
    Stop being incels ffs. Please go see the Graham Norton show where this comes from.
    >Graham Normie show

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Redmoore View Post
    Maxtrix 4
    Meh
    CGI not great, fight scenes not amazing , more boringly paced than matrix 3. I would rank it about the same as 3, which is below 2 and way below 1.
    Worth a watch if you have low expectations.
    It's self depricating and most definitely not as fucking awful as II and III.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowa [NSN] View Post
    Am i missing some sort of meme or do you not understand what the incels are?

Super Moderator DonorGlobal Moderator whispous's Avatar
    this is a variant on the "sharp knees" style conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    locking again cos you're all getting weird and being autists about tyres

Watched the French Dispatch and Dont Look Up this week. Enjoyed both though dont look up was depressing as fuck.

Was a close call but in the end managed to sit through all of the new matrix. It's quite bad. Took around 40 minutes break to watch other things in the middle of it.

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Saw Frozen II at last, now that I've been given access to Disney+. Was disappointed.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard (updated link)

Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post
    Was a close call but in the end managed to sit through all of the new matrix. It's quite bad. Took around 40 minutes break to watch other things in the middle of it.
    Yeah man im 40 minutes in and im about to fuck this self-wankery off for a bit.

Yep, the flashback montages have begun.

Its shite, lads

Matrix: Resurection was a bit poo. First half was decent, 2nd part really let it down. However, the Netflix remastered doc Tricky Dick and The Man in Black was good.
    Last edited by Elriche Oshego; December 27 2021 at 08:02:50 AM.

I would say the rotten tomatoes ratings are about right.
    critic/audience
    matrix 88/85%
    reloaded 73/72%
    revolutions 53/60%
    resurrections 65/63%

Never liked mass rankings, its a weird scale that is never fully used and thus gives odd impressions that mean basically fuck all.

NU Matrix finished.

The good:

It's quite funny in parts.
    The chemistry between neo and trinity is genuinely warm and believable.
    There is a great in-world Coffee shop brand that makes me think of Verhoven.

The bad:

The CGI looks cheap, especially the bugs.
    The actual framing and cutting of the shots is often nonsensical and seems to miss key points of the action.
    The walls of exposition (d'ya like dune's opening?)
    The recasting of iconic characters with new actors doest work, for me jeff. In-story excuse is weaksauce
    There is a noticeable lack of stylish choreography for the action scenes (A Matrix staple surely?)

The Ugly:

Some of the casting is shockingly bad. Did you enjoy the Sandsnake sisters from GoT? Yes? Then good news!
    There is at least 2 full flashback montages.
    There is this weird weightlessness to the thing, no sense of peril for the cast. Agents are no longer deadly unstoppable opponents that must be feared and fled from, even for normal non-"the ones".
    Fist-bumping robot pets
    My Body is made of balls but i have no dong

Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    There is this weird weightlessness to the thing, no sense of peril for the cast. Agents are no longer deadly unstoppable opponents that must be feared and fled from, even for normal non-"the ones".
    Fist-bumping robot pets
    I agree with the first bit, there's no sense of danger at all and that makes the movie somehow bland. But the agents not being deadly unstoppable opponents is somehow explained - hordes of bots are used instead because it's easier to copy paste them instead of designing/building a proper agent.

Also fist-bump robot best robot

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    Fist-bumping robot pets
    I agree with the first bit, there's no sense of danger at all and that makes the movie somehow bland. But the agents not being deadly unstoppable opponents is somehow explained - hordes of bots are used instead because it's easier to copy paste them instead of designing/building a proper agent.

Also fist-bump robot best robot
    Ok on the bots thing, but there are still agents in it. The blue bad pussy girl kicks their arse at the beginning, in fact everyone does. Plus, when the bots surround the gang, and then there's a cut, and then next scene the gang arte all in trucks shooting at the bots, how did that happen? some snide direction

TBF though Add to the Positive points in the film:The one new bit of stuff in it, the kamikaze ting. That was fresh

TBF though Add to the Positive points in the film:The one new bit of stuff in it, the kamikaze ting. That was fresh
    Sort of nicked from Fast & Furious 8