hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 515 of 548 FirstFirst ... 15415465505512513514515516517518525 ... LastLast
Results 10,281 to 10,300 of 10948

Thread: Movie Thread - Cullnerd - Ad Astra is moon

Quote Originally Posted by Steve the Pirate View Post
    Saw Endgame last night and enjoyed it a lot. Several bits (mainly in the final hour or so) got some strong audience reactions. Also no mid/end credits scenes.

Maybe start an Endgame thread with spoiler tags on thread (like GOT thread) so even retards who havent seen it will know to avoid it.
    "I think we could all do with sitting back a bit and detaching ourselves from the situation to really think about how these issues reflect on our future and how we discuss them here and be a bit less aggressive or defensive because everyone has a complicated set of circumstances that has led the to place importance on particular issues and it doesn't meany any of them is less valid, we just need to look at the broader picture"

Smuggo - Brexit Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Crystalline Entity View Post
    Maybe start an Endgame thread with spoiler tags on thread (like GOT thread) so even retards who havent seen it will know to avoid it.
    I'm not culturaly retarded and can enjoy media even if presented with the odd spoiler.

Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    Yeah boiii mega monster deathmatch.
    bwhahahah
    The music is a remix of "Somewhere over the rainbow"
    "We live in a society absolutely dependent on science and technology and yet have cleverly arranged things so that almost no one understands science and technology. That's a clear prescription for disaster."
    -Carl Sagan

Currently the only spoiler is that people enjoyed it and that there are no credit scenes. Take it easy m8.

Quote Originally Posted by Grendelfreak View Post
    Saw Endgame today, and I was rather impressed as it didn't feel like a three hour movie. Only downside was that Antman never flew up Thanos's butthole.

Also there was a trailer beforehand for a MIB movie with Chris Hemsworth and the Valkyrie chick from Ragnarok which up to then I had no idea existed. Looks good.
    3 hour movie sounds about right for Endgame.

Must train bladder for tomorrow evening, didn't manage to get an earlier reservation unfortunately. Or I'll just catheterise myself to stay hydrated
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Larkonnis View Post
    I'm not culturaly retarded and can enjoy media even if presented with the odd spoiler.

If something is actually good then you should be able to know exactly what happens and still be able to watch it and enjoy it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

I think it was good enough for what it had to do, but fell apart in the last hour. It stopped being a movie and became a... matinee? Everyone gets their box checked.

Thanos also wasnt quite as impressive a character as in IW.

Ill put it like this: Its a good finale for the MCU, but a mediocre movie.
    Last edited by Lilalaunebör; April 26 2019 at 07:33:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post

If something is actually good then you should be able to know exactly what happens and still be able to watch it and enjoy it.
    I do agree with you, but even in the case of wonderful movies (or games, for that matter), spoiling something important robs you from the surprise of the moment and that is a really shit thing to do.

What if in Knights of the Old Republic the big reveal that your player character is actually _you know who_ was to be spoiled before starting the game? All the game would become less enjoyable because that reveal is important as hell.

A friend of mine who's a general retard managed to blurt out a spoiler immediately after I told him that I'm avoiding social media and shit until I see Endgame. Blocked him everywhere, although I know he's just sometimes retarded, albeit a good chap all around. But seriously, people need to respect this stuff. It really is about having a bit of respect for the person you're talking to.

Then again, this is the internet, where respect is really not present, although it should be there all the time.

This being said, I'm seeing Endgame today so until then no more forums/social media for me

High Life is....

Yeah

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post

I do agree with you, but even in the case of wonderful movies (or games, for that matter), spoiling something important robs you from the surprise of the moment and that is a really shit thing to do.

What if in Knights of the Old Republic the big reveal that your player character is actually _you know who_ was to be spoiled before starting the game? All the game would become less enjoyable because that reveal is important as hell.

A friend of mine who's a general retard managed to blurt out a spoiler immediately after I told him that I'm avoiding social media and shit until I see Endgame. Blocked him everywhere, although I know he's just sometimes retarded, albeit a good chap all around. But seriously, people need to respect this stuff. It really is about having a bit of respect for the person you're talking to.

Then again, this is the internet, where respect is really not present, although it should be there all the time.

This being said, I'm seeing Endgame today so until then no more forums/social media for me
    I would not of liked it spoiled only because it's the culmination of ten years of cinema, alot of it trash, some really good, and all fairly entertaining. Was some of it a mess at times? I don't think I hold Marvel tights movies to a standard of cinematic perfection, but it was a fine movie and 3 hours is hard to pace, I felt it did everything right and I enjoyed it a lot.

Went and saw tonight Endgame.

I don't think I bawled my eyes out like this since I saw Bambi on VHS when I was 7. Shit was really emotional (for me personally) and it was not just the end, but throughout. Humour was kept to a minimum but was still good.

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaftoes View Post
    Endgame was fine I guess.

It was a bit too long for me, but it had its moments.
    It was...okay, I guess. I came in expecting to see
      Spoiler:
    - a massive brawl between all the original Avengers and Thanos
    - a more detailed explanation of why Thanos did it, complete with a sequence involving Death
    - more screen time with Captain Marvel
    - something similar to the way the comics were

Nebula turned out to be integral to the plot, just like the comics, though. That's good. And we got a big battle at the end.

But what was the point of putting the Stones back where they were if changing the past couldn't affect the future? And doesn't the universe still have a Captain America on ice if he went back in time to have a life with Carter, thereby eliminating the need to search for him?

I mean, it wasn't bad. I understand they wanted to do things differently because of the contracts, but this is not the way I would have done it. Infinity War was MUCH better than this.
    Last edited by Nordstern; April 28 2019 at 02:02:37 AM.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...

Spoiler:

Regarding that part in particular i have to especially agree. Didnt really do shit as a character (and got hilariously punted offscreen).

Scarlet Witch was a bigger threat, and had more emotional impact, for those few seconds.

Last edited by Lilalaunebör; April 28 2019 at 02:32:05 PM.

Oi, the spoilers. Keep them inbetween brackets

Marvel movie spoilers?

I'm sure most of your favorite focus tested Kevin Feige approved characters are fine

Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    Marvel movie spoilers?

I'm sure most of your favorite focus tested Kevin Feige approved characters are fine
      Spoiler:

No, they're not.

'I'm pro life. I'm a non-smoker. I'm a pro-life non-smoker. WOO, Let the party begin!'

Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post

Spoiler:
    - a more detailed explanation of why Thanos did it, complete with a sequence involving Death

Nebula turned out to be integral to the plot, just like the comics, though. That's good. And we got a big battle at the end.

But what was the point of putting the Stones back where they were if changing the past couldn't affect the future? And doesn't the universe still have a Captain America on ice if he went back in time to have a life with Carter, thereby eliminating the need to search for him?

I mean, it wasn't bad. I understand they wanted to do things differently because of the contracts, but this is not the way I would have done it. Infinity War was MUCH better than this.
      Spoiler:
    Saw it yesterday, +1 to most of the points listed above, wasn't expecting them to spend so much time on people crying and would really have preferred more fighting and explosions. On the upside the theater replaced all the shit chairs with comfy reclining ones so at least sitting through it was comfortable

Mostly just annoyed they didn't make Thanos a better villain, dude looks & sounds cool and everything but his entire master plan was Dr. Evil levels of dumb.

Also one of the main plot points in Ragnarok was that Thors power came from himself and not his hammer, it just focuses his lighting powers so how the fuck does captain america make it shoot lighting (or make it fucking fly for that matter?)

WRT to the time travel; The bald chick explained that taking the stones would create a separate branch of the timeline that was different, the main line would remain unchanged which is why they couldn't affect their own future but the new timeline created next to it would then be without the stones. I have no idea why that was considered a bad thing though because in the new universe thanos wouldn't have access to the now missing stones and couldn't kill people which sounds like a good thing...

The captain america bit kinda breaks their own timetravel rules because by going back he should have ended up in a new timeline where the original captain america is still in the ice or is found and 2 of them exist at the same time. Either way he shouldn't have been able to appear at the end.

tldr: Don't pay too much attention to the story

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Foiritain View Post

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Saw it yesterday, +1 to most of the points listed above, wasn't expecting them to spend so much time on people crying and would really have preferred more fighting and explosions. On the upside the theater replaced all the shit chairs with comfy reclining ones so at least sitting through it was comfortable

Mostly just annoyed they didn't make Thanos a better villain, dude looks & sounds cool and everything but his entire master plan was Dr. Evil levels of dumb.

Also one of the main plot points in Ragnarok was that Thors power came from himself and not his hammer, it just focuses his lighting powers so how the fuck does captain america make it shoot lighting (or make it fucking fly for that matter?)

WRT to the time travel; The bald chick explained that taking the stones would create a separate branch of the timeline that was different, the main line would remain unchanged which is why they couldn't affect their own future but the new timeline created next to it would then be without the stones. I have no idea why that was considered a bad thing though because in the new universe thanos wouldn't have access to the now missing stones and couldn't kill people which sounds like a good thing...

The captain america bit kinda breaks their own timetravel rules because by going back he should have ended up in a new timeline where the original captain america is still in the ice or is found and 2 of them exist at the same time. Either way he shouldn't have been able to appear at the end.

WRT Ragnarok plot bit
      Spoiler:
    Guessing the lightning could have come from simply wielding the hammer itself. Wasn’t there something said like “Whosoever holds this hammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of Thor.”
    Hence lightning etc from someone that isn’t Thor
    If money was a chicken, would the chicken be evil?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve the Pirate View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Foiritain View Post

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

WRT Ragnarok plot bit
      Spoiler:
    Guessing the lightning could have come from simply wielding the hammer itself. Wasn’t there something said like “Whosoever holds this hammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of Thor.”
    Hence lightning etc from someone that isn’t Thor
    This is the one