hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 617 of 618 FirstFirst ... 117517567607614615616617618 LastLast
Results 12,321 to 12,340 of 12345

Thread: Movie Thread - Cullnerd - Ad Astra is moon

I found prey really boring, maybe it was the lack of mimics.

It does go a bit superheroey at times but it's by far the best predator film in 30 years so you've got to take what you're given really

Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

Honestly dont get the hype when it comes to Prey. It was ok, but nothing more than that imo

phpBB : Critical Error
    Could not connect to the database

I haven't seen it, but perhaps it gets hyped because the previous Predator movies weren't especially overwhelming.

They were bona fide turds, AvP especially. So everyone's happy new one turned out goodish, or at the very least decent and competent.

Lightyear is fun

Prey looks like an absolute crock of shit. Surprised to hear people liking it
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Pray was fuckin ace! I loved it! Is it partly because the previous ones has been so shit? Yes. But also because this is actually really good, as good as the first one tbh (because it basically is the first one, just set in another era).
    Obviously it cant compete with the original full on, the nostalgia and cast/characters are too powerful and just on the fact it was the first one that introduced a truly iconic monster.

It had some over the top fan-service for sure but also some very nice subtle nods here and there which I really liked. Some acting/scenes/dialog was quite bad/cheese but that is no different from the others.
    Actors and dialog was fine for the most part, the setting was great. Its quite interesting that there hasnt been one going backwards in time before now, I mean it was hinted in P2 that this movie had already taken place!
    CGI was a mixed bag but honestly I didnt "see it", the older ones are pretty bad compared and I still think it holds up.

Seeing the monster being massively OP but some times not until it adapted its tactics was a good addition, that it actually retreated a couple of times realizing things wasnt in its advantage or in actual danger.
    I especially liked the bear scene, there has never been a good showing of a Predator actually fighting hand-to-hand combat with something relatable. And actually showing it take a serious beating before putting some real effort in was fantastic.

Fight scenes were really good in general, also taking on new angles due to the hand-to-hand and low tech weaponry. I do think the ending of the final fight could have been juuust little more special tho. And the movie end was a bit too cheesy.
    The credit scene was really nicely done and I remember thinking just a few seconds before that
      Spoiler:
    "hmm...we have not seen the mothership leave so dont get too comfy there sis!"
    I just hope they will take care of the franchise this time.

In short; I want more. But also I dont want to get it ruined again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

Day Shift (Netflix). Wonderfully stupid sunday/hungoverday movie with over the top physics breaking action and gratuitous violence a la Blade style.
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowa [NSN] View Post
    Day Shift (Netflix). Wonderfully stupid sunday/hungoverday movie with over the top physics breaking action and gratuitous violence a la Blade style.

Almost 30 years to the date, the embarrassment has finally worn off.

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Initial reviews of Amsterdam say the movie is...bad.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard (updated link)

Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    Initial reviews of Amsterdam say the movie is...bad.
    Pity, I like period pieces and Christian Bale. Seriously though only blockbuster I'm waiting for nowadays is Dune pt.2.

If you want to see Blonde due to some misguided interest in a gritty Marilyn biopic due to the drummed up controversy, dont. Or do, if you like artsy-fartsy depression and can separate the character from the real person.

edit: Bullet Train, on the other hand, is surprisingly fun. Always love it when Brad Pitt does comedy, and a strong supporting cast. Sandra Bullock looks like a deepfake though.
    Last edited by Lilalaunebör; October 16 2022 at 01:15:12 AM.

We watched Black Adam Sunday evening. I's an okay DC movie, with usual DC fuck ups.
    Dwayne Johnson, Pierce Brosnan & Sarah Shahi (Person of Interest) pulls the movie from 3/10 up to 6/10.

At least we had a good discussion about the Justice League's hubris or justification.
    Yeah, the whole cut and story makes you question what the fuck the JL is doing as the movie portrays JL is a very bad light.
    The Black Adam story deserved something better.

Post credit spoiler:
      Spoiler:
    Yeah, Superman Henry Cavill vs Black Adam is confirmed.

Avatar 2 trailer. Visually this is just insane! Question is if this holds up today generally speaking?

https://youtu.be/d9MyW72ELq0

cba to embed.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowa [NSN] View Post
    Avatar 2 trailer. Visually this is just insane! Question is if this holds up today generally speaking?

https://youtu.be/d9MyW72ELq0

cba to embed.
    Change my mind.

Avatar is just a cartoon movie with too much money?
    Why is it called earth, when it is mostly water???

How much is too much? The first film made $2 billion.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard (updated link)

Wakanda Forever, this is easily for me the worst and least interesting Marvel movie.
    Tries to play on the Chadwick nostalgia. Doesn't offer anything new, the same dancing happy kumbaya.
    Characters that are left are uninteresting, except for the queen and okoye.
    The movie has no personality like the first. Badguy weak, story weak.

edit:

Not THE worst marvel movie, I had suppressed all memory of the Eternals.
    Just second worst.
    Last edited by VARRAKK; November 13 2022 at 04:09:50 PM.
    Why is it called earth, when it is mostly water???

The story goes on.