hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 574 of 579 FirstFirst ... 74474524564571572573574575576577 ... LastLast
Results 11,461 to 11,480 of 11568

Thread: Movie Thread - Cullnerd - Ad Astra is moon

So I've decided to get more into icelandic movies and watched "Eldfjall": https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1695831/

Hannes is an old man who has grown apart from his children. Recently retired when his wife gets ill he tries to reconcile with them and to atone for his cold demeanor in the past.
    My review:

Spoiler:

Good movie tho.
    Last edited by Venec; January 4 2021 at 12:29:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Candy Crush View Post
    Most ridiculous movie I have ever seen:

You clearly haven't watched Splice.
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

watched (60% of) WW84 because you lot have a history of being miserable shits who overexaggerate any negatives and like to compete over being too cool for dumb shit.

I apologise. fucking garbage movie. I should have listened, and I have been punished.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiodome View Post
    watched (60% of) WW84 because you lot have a history of being miserable shits who overexaggerate any negatives and like to compete over being too cool for dumb shit.

I apologise. fucking garbage movie. I should have listened, and I have been punished.
    why do you hate women so much!?!?
    Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Also that didn't sound like abloo bloo to me, PM me and we can agree on a meeting spot and settle this with queensberry rules, that's a serious offer btw. I've been a member of this community since 2005 and i've never met a more toxic individual.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    Midnight Sky - basically it's an emotional story, so if you're into sci-fi stuff you will be disappointed. The phenomenon that screwed up Earth is mentioned, but not explained almost at all, except it involves "radiation" because we all know "radiation" is a bad thing - everybody saw Chernobyl, right? So it uses that to rope in the nerds, only nerds will be severely disappointed. Of course there's no portable dialysis machine - those things are huge, then again it's "the future". I think if you can get past the sci-fi pretense it's quite a ride from an emotional point of view. Clooney carries hard the whole movie with his performance, you see a broken man - both physically and psychologically - who is basically looking for the peace that death brings with it. It is an emotional rollercoaster if you see that bit as the predominant accent in the movie and it's okish I suppose. The problem is that the sci-fi bits are going to turn both normal people and nerds away the way it's portrayed so I'm unsure wtf they were thinking there.
    This. And I enjoyed it for this. Don't expect it to be a (space) scifi movie. It's a psychological drama. For some reason, it reminded me both of Arrival and The Man From Earth.
    [...] The Man From Earth is by far the best of these three.
    No doubt it is! As it happened, I watched it on new year's eve again. Thankfully enough, though I did remember the overall plot and ending, I forgot about all the interesting little details, which make it so special. Was immediately hooked again.

Quote Originally Posted by NoirAvlaa View Post

why do you hate women so much!?!?
    habit

You didn't miss much

Filmed in dark to cover poor CGI.

Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Also that didn't sound like abloo bloo to me, PM me and we can agree on a meeting spot and settle this with queensberry rules, that's a serious offer btw. I've been a member of this community since 2005 and i've never met a more toxic individual.

Quote Originally Posted by Candy Crush View Post
    You didn't miss much

Filmed in dark to cover poor CGI.
    #Release the butthole cut

#freethebutthole

Was about to say, didnt them guys learn anything from Cats?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar

i'll watch any capeshit going, but honest to god this is an awful film

Continuing with the Venec's Iceland Festival, watched this tonight:

Two employees of the Icelandic Road Administration spend the summer painting lines on the winding roads as they both find themselves at a crossroads in their lives.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2009643/
    P. chill, laidback comedic drama. Nothing spectacular, but it gets the job done. Was hoping for more eyecandy landscapes, but I'm also happy with what I got. 6.5/10 I'd say.

Quote Originally Posted by NoirAvlaa View Post
    - who's to say?
    - you are!
    - yeaaahhhh

Quote Originally Posted by Venec View Post
    Continuing with the Venec's Iceland Festival, watched this tonight:

Two employees of the Icelandic Road Administration spend the summer painting lines on the winding roads as they both find themselves at a crossroads in their lives.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2009643/
    P. chill, laidback comedic drama. Nothing spectacular, but it gets the job done. Was hoping for more eyecandy landscapes, but I'm also happy with what I got. 6.5/10 I'd say.
    Watch Rams (there is the Icelandic version and now an Australian version) if you haven't already.

Saw it, loved it <3

P. comfy docu about icelandic horses.

That channel has some p. good docus too, highly recommend it.

The one true Icelandic film.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/When_the_Raven_Flies

I havent seen it since I was basically a kid, I loved it then but there is a good chance it doesnt hold up today.
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

This looks so unbelievably bad, so dumb and so absolutely ridiculous on a level that I dont even... and its going to be glorious!
    Maybe its because we're still in 2020 (sort of) but seeing this trailer made me laugh so hard, especially when the UFC/WWF walk-in music came on, but in a very good way - Apparently I really need something ludicrous like this!

trope-a-licious