hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 364 of 615 FirstFirst ... 264314354361362363364365366367374414464 ... LastLast
Results 7,261 to 7,280 of 12286

Thread: Movie Thread - Cullnerd - Ad Astra is moon

Saw GOTG: Vol 2

Pretty decent, follows in the same vein of the first.

Also, the other title for it would be

Spoiler:

GOTG V2 : Daddy Issues
    Lurker. *cloaks*
    EVE - Jadefalcon3r Pryde // Elite Dangerous - CMDR Jenna McDougall // MWO - Voxsera Hazen // STO - reivaxalis@voxsera

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Caine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick W View Post
    I have recently watched Ghost in the Shell at a cinema. Recommend. Great plot, good effects, gorgeous Scarlet, will probably check the original anime story as well.
    You're probably gonna get some shit for that, but I agree. Thoroughly enjoyed it.
    Its obviously more shallow than the original stuff, but visually stunning and an enjoyable movie in it's own right if you can check any pre-nerd expectations at the door.
    Yup p much this. Thoroughly enjoyable if you can check your preconceptions at the door.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Just watched Colossal, it was a fun movie good to check with GF.

Quote Originally Posted by Candy Crush View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Overspark View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TheManFromDelmonte View Post
    amazon prime has jupiter ascending now. I thought it was really good, but perhaps I am just a wachowski fanboy.
    It's a fantastic B movie that you really can't take seriously, with some terrible acting. Enjoyable, and I loved it, but it's not very good.

Fantastic B movies are one of the Wachowski hallmarks though, just like Speed Racer.
    I only remember CGI was above average.
    Its basically Spaceballs. Tatum = Barf / Lonestar, Mila Kunis = Vespa, Dark Helmet = Redmayne, Sean Bean = Yogurt.

Once i saw it in that light, i had a grand old time.

Quote Originally Posted by jadefalcon View Post
    Saw GOTG: Vol 2

Pretty decent, follows in the same vein of the first.
    Saw it, theres a couple things it tries do different. It wants to be a character-driven movie, but needs to have big action set-pieces. It wants to be a family drama, but needs to be a comedy. It wants to wow you with the visual action, but needs to be PG13... so we get to see Yandu commit comical mass-murder, and a mid-western town get obliterated by an alien blob, or witness a space funeral with Drax throwing shade at Mantis, but its all inconsequential.

A couple of things worked well, like Rocket in the woods, or baby Groot on the space ship, or Peter having a casual conversation during the big shootout. I just wish there had been more of that.

I dont know, im torn on it. Would recommend it if you are into colourful spectacle, but it would be better off not being "part 2", or not trying to hit the serious notes.

e: Also finally got around to seeing the extended cut of BvS.

The good:
    Overall, the core story is much more fleshed out. The whole Lois in the desert setup is really the center piece of the first half, and she has a bigger part investigating it. A couple of things are given more time to sink in. Lex has some scenes where he is less manic, which really gives him the depth to not appear like a Joker knockoff like in the theatrical release.
    Theres one scene im really fond of, where Bruce wakes up from a bad dream, proceeds to chug pills and alcohol, and we see a woman in his bed that is in no way referenced further. Gives you more hints at his double life.

The less good:
    Theres some more tie-ins to Darkseid / including a shot at the end that shows Lex being in contact with some demon-being. Its still confusing what his motivation is in the end. The theatrical release played more on the "no god, but men" side of things, which worked better imo than the nebulous demon-alien connection.
    The flash-forward with Batman leading some kind of Resistance is still in, and its still god awful. Come to think of it, Bats has a bunch of dreams (and the Flash from the future thing) that imo could almost all have been cut.

It still falls apart at the climax, with the whole Martha thing, although i guess the extended cut wanted to play his childhood trauma up more to make it seem more organic. It just comes out as heavy-handed tho.

Overall id say its like a 6/10 where before it was a 3. The (new) first half could belong to a much better , though still flawed, movie, but the last 15 minutes or so drag it down again.
    Last edited by Lilalaunebör; May 1 2017 at 02:49:07 PM.

Also saw GotG 2 over the weekend. Can't disagree with Mr. Bör on some of the issues. What I came here to say is that I saw it in a nice big IMAX and it was almost incredibly shiny. Definitely recommending this for IMAX viewing.

Soeul Station. Better than Train to Busan, if you can get past the low budget 2DCG. The final act gets really nasty. which at first I wasn't sure of & does seem a bit grim for grims sake but, on reflection, given that it's a prequel & the directors other CG films have a much bleaker view of society than Busan, it works better than a "happier" ending would.

Movember '11 Ginger Excellence Movember 2011Movember 2012 sarabando's Avatar
    i enjoyed GoTG 2 but felt at least at the start some of the jokes abit too forced. Secondly the music wasnt imo as good as the first which nigh on every song was amazing but the use of Fleetwood Macs the chain was fucking amazing.

also green wimminz man green wimminz.

Much like...

<&QuackBot> Fuggin: There once was a man named tugginfuggin. He oft tugged his fuggin. That is the tale of tugginfuggin.

Please don't fuck this up

Fans who read the series take note of this tweet

Last edited by Approaching Walrus; May 4 2017 at 02:43:39 AM.

smuggo
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuggin View Post
    Much like...

Spoiler:
    WE

WUZ

GUNSLINGERS

Looks good.

Elba can do no wrong. I want him to be next James Bond.

Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    Yes.......
    <&QuackBot> Fuggin: There once was a man named tugginfuggin. He oft tugged his fuggin. That is the tale of tugginfuggin.

As Trevor Noah observed, a black Bond would struggle to infiltrate the lairs of evil white Europeans

Quote Originally Posted by Lancehot View Post
    As Trevor Noah observed, a black Bond would struggle to infiltrate the lairs of evil white Europeans
    Or drive an Aston Martin around London without being chased down by the Met as Frankie Boyle observed.

Super Baderator DonorGlobal Moderator cullnean's Avatar
    The tower of power, too sweet to be sour, ohhhh yeahh!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuggin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    Yes.......
    When I spoke to him he said he didn't think it would happen.

True story.

Sent from my CUBOT CHEETAH 2 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    Cullneshi the god of shitposting.
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    anything soviet is of evil

There was a gay bond already so who knows. Maybe they can CGI him into a whitey?

New Blade Runner Poster #cyberpunk

looks good

smuggo
    Quote Originally Posted by I Legionnaire View Post

looks good

The Bane on the plane.

I watched Sausage Party the other night. It was surprisingly unshit.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.