hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 579 of 584 FirstFirst ... 79479529569576577578579580581582 ... LastLast
Results 11,561 to 11,580 of 11661

Thread: Movie Thread - Cullnerd - Ad Astra is moon

Super Baderator DonorGlobal Moderator cullnean's Avatar
    The tower of power, too sweet to be sour, ohhhh yeahh!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Coutu View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NoirAvlaa View Post
    Not being as good as d9 means ot is "tragically shit" OK m8

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    I mean you can like it, I've never cared to insist a film is unwatchable unless it exceeds a certain level and Elysium is a watchable, boring film. It's tragically shit because d9 was great and I'd hoped more funding would give him space to do more, he kinda stepped away from studio films in response to the restrictions it placed on him didn't he? Elysium was about as compelling as a boring Sci fi film can get. It's shit to me because it was so forgettable and didn't break any ideas, just followed tropes. Most films are like this but d9 was a fairly original normal to hero variant, with a sad ending. Its sequel is implied, I just hope it lives up to what is bound to be a far amount of hype.
    How I feel about your posting, could it get better? Possibly! Does it? No!

Butthole
    Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    Cullneshi the god of shitposting.
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    anything soviet is of evil

I just think saying "film x is shit because film y was great" is such a shit critique though. I mean yeah if you don't like it then fine, but it's like me saying "District 9 is tragically shit because Lord of the Rings was amazing"

It's not tragically shit, it's like a 6-7/10, which is average and fine to watch at home on a weekend when you want to turn off your brain.

Tragically shit is something like The Room or Dragonball or Cats.

E: Although The Room is also a great watch for all the wrong reasons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Also that didn't sound like abloo bloo to me, PM me and we can agree on a meeting spot and settle this with queensberry rules, that's a serious offer btw. I've been a member of this community since 2005 and i've never met a more toxic individual.

I just think saying "film x is shit because film y was great" is such a shit critique though. I mean yeah if you don't like it then fine, but it's like me saying "District 9 is tragically shit because Lord of the Rings was amazing"

It's not tragically shit, it's like a 6-7/10, which is average and fine to watch at home on a weekend when you want to turn off your brain.

This post is really shit, because culls post was really great.

I mean really, that says it all.

Room (2015) was great, so The Room must be horrible.

Fair enough, the tragedy is the fact it had a director I liked and was sci-fi, and still managed to be one of the most boring films I've watched in the genre and was forgettable instantly. If you liked it I wouldn't ever say "you have no taste" I'd just assume you found something in it I didn't. The Room is an awful movie, but because it's so bad it's just unpredictable and surreal. Most importantly it's flaws make it really funny. Cats wasn't something I could bother watching, but I imagine it's much the same for a lot of people, also I've never heard people talk so excitedly about getting high to be tortured.

You'll still watch the D10 movie I'm assuming? I mean you liked his later work, I didn't until he started making Oats Studio stuff, though like I said I never watched Chappie. It being a sequel doesn't bode well but at least the ending of D9 did kinda set it up.

it's like a 6-7/10, which is average
    I like your math there ...

Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    it's like a 6-7/10, which is average
    I like your math there ...
    I know 5 is completely average, but anything between like 4-7 is classified as "average" imo, 7 being a point which might be considered above average/good
    Also that didn't sound like abloo bloo to me, PM me and we can agree on a meeting spot and settle this with queensberry rules, that's a serious offer btw. I've been a member of this community since 2005 and i've never met a more toxic individual.

If you are basing this of "official" Metacritic or IMDB type scores, then you are pretty much correct. Reviewers don't use the full range of scores.

So wtf is going on with Bruce Willis these days. I know he's not the best actor in the world, but his movies has usually been entertaining.
    The last few days I've seen Cosmic Sin and Breach that he plays in, and they are some of the worst movies ever made. Either that man has a massive drug issue, or he's lost some bet are the only reasons i can think of to play in those two movies.

phpBB : Critical Error
    Could not connect to the database

Maybe he needed the money to tide him over the pandemic.

Quote Originally Posted by Armyofme View Post
    So wtf is going on with Bruce Willis these days. I know he's not the best actor in the world, but his movies has usually been entertaining.
    The last few days I've seen Cosmic Sin and Breach that he plays in, and they are some of the worst movies ever made. Either that man has a massive drug issue, or he's lost some bet are the only reasons i can think of to play in those two movies.
    He made his mark doing big budget action films, he's now 65 and just phoning it in/having fun for whatever keeps him busy?

I guess he may also be stuck with typical type-casting and tired in trying to change that maybe? So he just takes the good money vs. effort roles in endless direct-to-DVD/streaming movies and calls it a day.

Isn't R.E.D. with Bruce Willis and Stallone's The Expanded basically a big middle finger to Hollywood for that exact reason? And both are hilarious and highly enjoyable movies for me although the time I was into action movies has long been gone.

Quote Originally Posted by GeromeDoutrande View Post
    If you are basing this of "official" Metacritic or IMDB type scores, then you are pretty much correct. Reviewers don't use the full range of scores.
    Isnt that a bit like selection bias as well? What is the baseline of thise "full range of scores" anyways? The first 3 points stand for "has moving video and audio, has people/things on screen, doesnt cause epilepsy". A movie that is so bad it deserves a 1, while still being technically a movie, is very rare.

Score systems are purely psychological. Appstore ratings are 0-1 "there was something that annoyed me / time to review bomb" and 4-5 "it's fine", with very little in the middle. Movie scores are the inverse: 3-5 "it's a shit movie, but a movie", 6-7 "it's okay if you like that sort of thing" and 8-9 "good movie".

Like cranking your amp to 11. Who decided that 10 is loudest?

Quote Originally Posted by Lilalaunebör View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GeromeDoutrande View Post
    Isnt that a bit like selection bias as well? What is the baseline of thise "full range of scores" anyways? The first 3 points stand for "has moving video and audio, has people/things on screen, doesnt cause epilepsy". A movie that is so bad it deserves a 1, while still being technically a movie, is very rare.

Score systems are purely psychological. Appstore ratings are 0-1 "there was something that annoyed me / time to review bomb" and 4-5 "it's fine", with very little in the middle. Movie scores are the inverse: 3-5 "it's a shit movie, but a movie", 6-7 "it's okay if you like that sort of thing" and 8-9 "good movie".

Like cranking your amp to 11. Who decided that 10 is loudest?
    0db is the loudest mine goes to.

Just saw THE DRY.

Story is a cop returning home to the country town of his youth to face the demons of the past while trying to investigate the murder-suicide of an old friend and his family.

Having grown up in a town in the middle of woop woop the town in the movie - slowly dying in a drought - with the secrets of the past weighing down the present struck a cord. Otherwise it is a good character driven movie with slow-burn resolution.

Quote Originally Posted by Maximillian View Post
    Just saw THE DRY.

Story is a cop returning home to the country town of his youth to face the demons of the past while trying to investigate the murder-suicide of an old friend and his family.

Having grown up in a town in the middle of woop woop the town in the movie - slowly dying in a drought - with the secrets of the past weighing down the present struck a cord. Otherwise it is a good character driven movie with slow-burn resolution.
    It's on my to watch list. Grew up in rural Queensland, so I anticipate the feel to be familiar.

Just saw THE DRY.

COme on then mate what are your dark secrets? Murderclown in a past life? Time traveling child abductor? Double Denim?

Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    Just saw THE DRY.

COme on then mate what are your dark secrets? Murderclown in a past life? Time traveling child abductor? Double Denim?
    I thought that tan corduroy flared jeans looked great on me. There, I said it, happy?

Just saw THE DRY.

I thought that tan corduroy flared jeans looked great on me. There, I said it, happy?
    u know what else would look gr8 on u? me. x

Just saw THE DRY.

u know what else would look gr8 on u? me. x
    Now this sounds like a movie worth watching.