hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 582 of 584 FirstFirst ... 82482532572579580581582583584 LastLast
Results 11,621 to 11,640 of 11680

Thread: Movie Thread - Cullnerd - Ad Astra is moon

Why is it called earth, when it is mostly water???

At least hundreds of extras had their seconds of fame.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    You folks are aware that the "original uncut version" of Das Boot was actually a TV series, right? It was later heavily cut down (basically just leaving all the action scenes in) to become what was the movie version.

Buchheim (the author of the book) did a brilliant job of describing the boredom on a typical patrol trip. Heck, his book has 2 chapters titled "Gammeln 1" and "Gammeln 2" (~ bum around), describing the silly things a crew did most of the time, because in reality most of the(ir patrol) time nothing actually happened. And the TV series captured those parts quite well, but IMHO the book is even better. If you're out of good reading material, it's worth a try.
    No, I wasn't. I was just browsing around starting with Greyhound and stumbled upon Das Boot. I would assume the original book is in German? If so, I'd like a copy to read in parallel with my efforts to learn the language. It's how I actually learned English when I was a child (yeah, cartoons and school helped, but nothing helped like an English copy of Hudson Hawk
    Yes, the original is in German. In fact, the author Buchheim was a war correspondent in WW2 and was commanded to accompany a U-boat patrol and report about it. While the book is not an autobiography, it's ofc based on his experience of that. And Das Boot's Leutnant Werner, played by the German songwriter Herbert Grönemeyer is basically him.

As it happens, Amazon(.com) offers a German edition of the book.

Quote Originally Posted by GeromeDoutrande View Post
    I doubt it'll be mind blowing but at least it looks fun. Also the cast is great.

Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar
    i liked the bit where the shark ripped the guy in half

Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    i liked the bit where the shark ripped the guy in half
    King Shark was one of my fave characters in the recent Harley Quinn show, but it looks like they made him an idiot for the movie?

In any case, a proper J. Gunn DC movie does induce a tiny bit of hype.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot
    Do you even lift? Do you even post.

Seems like a DC exec looked at the imdb score of Harley Quinn and realised these things were supposed to be fun.

Ok, that looked 10x better than the previous ones. As Jack said, probably not mind blowing but proper fun. And cast indeed looks great!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

Super Baderator DonorGlobal Moderator cullnean's Avatar
    The tower of power, too sweet to be sour, ohhhh yeahh!
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cullnean View Post
    Sunder cut is great, shit jokes have been removed, tone and consistency is good

Unfortunately no sequels will appear Warner brother shitcaned the extended universe, this may change it but doubtful
    Wait why? Have they been losing money on the franchise?

What have they found that they think will print them more money?
    Turns out a lot, wheezing really took an axe to what Snyder had already filmed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    Cullneshi the god of shitposting.
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    anything soviet is of evil

You folks are aware that the "original uncut version" of Das Boot was actually a TV series, right? It was later heavily cut down (basically just leaving all the action scenes in) to become what was the movie version.

Buchheim (the author of the book) did a brilliant job of describing the boredom on a typical patrol trip. Heck, his book has 2 chapters titled "Gammeln 1" and "Gammeln 2" (~ bum around), describing the silly things a crew did most of the time, because in reality most of the(ir patrol) time nothing actually happened. And the TV series captured those parts quite well, but IMHO the book is even better. If you're out of good reading material, it's worth a try.
    No, I wasn't. I was just browsing around starting with Greyhound and stumbled upon Das Boot. I would assume the original book is in German? If so, I'd like a copy to read in parallel with my efforts to learn the language. It's how I actually learned English when I was a child (yeah, cartoons and school helped, but nothing helped like an English copy of Hudson Hawk
    Yes, the original is in German. In fact, the author Buchheim was a war correspondent in WW2 and was commanded to accompany a U-boat patrol and report about it. While the book is not an autobiography, it's ofc based on his experience of that. And Das Boot's Leutnant Werner, played by the German songwriter Herbert Grönemeyer is basically him.

Asked a mate to pick up the book off Amazon.de so I'll be getting it sometime this summer. I need to brush up on reading and dust off my German dictionary but am excited now

--

r/e Snyder's Justice League - I managed to see it after four evenings of heroically trying to stay awake during it. All the characters are actually properly fleshed out and a lot more backdrop to them, so they make proper sense and the whole thing is a well rounded piece of work. I can't understand how DC animations are actually damn amazing but they can't put together a movie that could be assessed as such. I find the 4 hours utterly exhausting and I blame this on the characters not having their own movies prior to the JL movie. Marvel did it properly and fleshed out most of the main characters by giving them three movies each. Meanwhile, DC turned a brilliant comic and subsequent animation into a complete shitfest (BvS) and utterly bolloxed all the DC movies altogether. The Snyder JL cut is really heroic in that it actually is kind of good - but way too fucking long. If you're well rested and keen on a superhero movie with DC characters I mean sure, it's nice. But that's about it.
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

Asked a mate to pick up the book off Amazon.de so I'll be getting it sometime this summer. I need to brush up on reading and dust off my German dictionary but am excited now

--

r/e Snyder's Justice League - I managed to see it after four evenings of heroically trying to stay awake during it. All the characters are actually properly fleshed out and a lot more backdrop to them, so they make proper sense and the whole thing is a well rounded piece of work. I can't understand how DC animations are actually damn amazing but they can't put together a movie that could be assessed as such. I find the 4 hours utterly exhausting and I blame this on the characters not having their own movies prior to the JL movie. Marvel did it properly and fleshed out most of the main characters by giving them three movies each. Meanwhile, DC turned a brilliant comic and subsequent animation into a complete shitfest (BvS) and utterly bolloxed all the DC movies altogether. The Snyder JL cut is really heroic in that it actually is kind of good - but way too fucking long. If you're well rested and keen on a superhero movie with DC characters I mean sure, it's nice. But that's about it.
    Umm, you realize if you're not living on south pole they can ship to you next week?

Also if you're into reading german war novels (or war novels in general), I know it may sound like a cliche but get Im Westen nichts Neues, these two should be a mandatory read for every person on the planet that has a soft spot towards war heroics.

Quote Originally Posted by GeromeDoutrande View Post
    rebooting a 5 year old movie and putting "the" before the name

classy

at least there's no letho joker

Is will smith replaced by idris alba?
    Schopenhauer:

All truth passes through three stages.
    First, it is ridiculed.
    Second, it is violently opposed.
    Third, it is accepted as being self-evident..

Quote Originally Posted by Sacul View Post
    Is will smith replaced by idris alba?
    He's "Bloodsport" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloodsport_(character), Wikipedia says he was initially intended to replace Smith, but they picked someone else for him so that Smith may be able to return in a future movie.

I mean it has Margot Robbie so I'll be definitely watching this.
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

Godzilla vs Kong is gloriously stupid, makes you feel like a kid again.

The lizard is oddly enough the weakest character, plus he cheats with his 5d6 breath weapon. Fuck that guy.

Spoiler:
    Mechagodzilla turns out to be zombie Gidhora, which is probably the most stupid part of it all? Hard to decide, since it basically turns into The Core halfway through.
    Last edited by Lilalaunebör; March 31 2021 at 10:15:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilalaunebör View Post
    Godzilla vs Kong is gloriously stupid, makes you feel like a kid again.

The lizard is oddly enough the weakest character, plus he cheats with his 5d6 breath weapon. Fuck that guy.

Spoiler:
    Mechagodzilla turns out to be zombie Gidhora, which is probably the most stupid part of it all? Hard to decide, since it basically turns into The Core halfway through.
    Where was it released? I didn't see it advertised on my streaming anywhere?

Its on HBO Max since yesterday afaik.

Spoiler:
    Or your streaming site of choice, if that service is unavailable hint hint

Quote Originally Posted by Lilalaunebör View Post
    Its on HBO Max since yesterday afaik.

Spoiler:
    Or your streaming site of choice, if that service is unavailable hint hint
    Of Course, thanks dude!

Allegedly:

How to watch Godzilla vs Kong in the UK

Like several of the other films that have been released during the pandemic, Godzilla vs Kong will be available to rent from a range of VOD services including Amazon Prime Video, Sky Store and iTunes from Thursday 1st April 2021.

https://www.radiotimes.com/movies/ho...ong-in-the-uk/

I did not get any notification. But it is available.
    Last edited by Equium Duo; April 1 2021 at 03:20:04 PM. Reason: Add info