hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1 of 47 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: No Man's Sky

No Man's Sky

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/3...emiere-trailer

Players can switch between walking on land, swimming, and flying in various ships; they can shoot holes into asteroids and then fly through them.
    Last edited by Mona; December 9 2013 at 11:00:23 AM.

no fucking way

your video link is broken, gj
    i heard you're ideas and their definately good

Well played now no one can enjoy it.
    Audacter calumniare, semper aliquid haeret

"The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt"
    Bertrand Russell - the Triumph of Stupidity (1933)

"The best lack all conviction, while the worst
    Are full of passionate intensity." -Yeats, 1919

Quote Originally Posted by thebomby View Post
    I find it incredible that a whole country can actually be more retarded than FHC.

For those that missed it: procedural generation for planets (up to fucking fish) and space with seemless transition between the two. Looks kinda shit and there's little weight to moving around.

I am the 99.99998% Tyrus Tenebros's Avatar
    OP is literally hitler.
    I tried to be cool and all I got was a lousy warning about my sig being too big.

Just watched the trailer on kotaku, I got a bit excited.
    Then I reminded myself that it's a trailer and I can only hope.

(at least I don't need to donate crowdsourcing money)
    Audacter calumniare, semper aliquid haeret

"The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt"
    Bertrand Russell - the Triumph of Stupidity (1933)

"The best lack all conviction, while the worst
    Are full of passionate intensity." -Yeats, 1919

Quote Originally Posted by thebomby View Post
    I find it incredible that a whole country can actually be more retarded than FHC.

Hitler updated with working links.

This is getting developed by a team of 4 people. While it looks pretty nice, I'll hold back the anticipation for now.

Sounds like Evochron. Evochron is kind of bad (not its fault, ther just isn't much to do in it)

I hope they can make systems and mechanics as good as Evochron and then actually not forget to construct a game around them.

Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

So whats the game actually about?
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Lana Torrin View Post
    Exploration apparently

Sent from the SpasPhone

I now give zero fucks about this game after the dev said they most likely wont do a pc version as apparently working with steam is more hassle then working with consoles. Enjoy all those hardcore space sim fans on consoles you fucking moron.

Quote Originally Posted by Namoo View Post
    I now give zero fucks about this game after the dev said they most likely wont do a pc version as apparently working with steam is more hassle then working with consoles. Enjoy all those hardcore space sim fans on consoles you fucking moron.

i used to kickstart stuff before kickstart even started Donor Hayes DuSid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Namoo View Post
    So then fly in the PC's procedurally generated space game instead. (note, maybe skip to 2:05, the initial bit is a little presentation and it's a bit terrible)

http://www.ltheory.com/

A video about his progress and more about ship stuff:
    Last edited by Hayes DuSid; December 8 2013 at 06:05:44 PM.
    "How fleeting are all human passions compared to the massive continuity of ducks."- Dorothy L.
    Sayers, Gaudy Night (1935)

i used to kickstart stuff before kickstart even started Donor Hayes DuSid's Avatar
    Just want to add, the company making No Man's Sky is known for making a playstation version, then later on a pc version of their games.

They've been rediculously consistent about that, and the opinion of one derp that fuckpc is a valid stance probably won't stand within the company itself given time.

However, until then, LT is quite solid. Sure no underwater stuff and no fps stuff but it has all the "infinite space!" I need.
    "How fleeting are all human passions compared to the massive continuity of ducks."- Dorothy L.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayes DuSid View Post
    Just want to add, the company making No Man's Sky is known for making a playstation version, then later on a pc version of their games.

They've been rediculously consistent about that, and the opinion of one derp that fuckpc is a valid stance probably won't stand within the company itself given time.

However, until then, LT is quite solid. Sure no underwater stuff and no fps stuff but it has all the "infinite space!" I need.
    "Exploration" does not translate automatically into well-scaling gameplay (or indeed any). Am personally a bit concerned.
    Quote Originally Posted by Don
    ^robsably aboujt to throw up so goood night failheap IU love you all even you ctrlchris even iuf you keep bnegrrepping me for no reason

How does LT not have its own thread?

Edit: It looks like it was mentioned in the Kickstarter thread.

Quote Originally Posted by spasm View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lana Torrin View Post
    Exploration apparently
    I saw some space shooting in space, which looked a bit terrible. But other than that no gameplay elements. I am not even sure what they could aim for that would fit within the whole idea.
    [~A place to talk about autism~]

"You can't alt tab from god"

Quote Originally Posted by Xiang Jiao View Post

How does LT not have its own thread?

Edit: It looks like it was mentioned in the Kickstarter thread.
    I always believed it's FHC's natural cynical attitude. One guy, huge scope game. Yeah, right.
    I'm cautiously optimistic right now, and I backed the KS. The idea of making a seed as an FHC number and just using that to go exploring everywhere then coming here to discuss appeals immensely as one guy tells us how he found a weapon that made a fight the rest of us have been getting melted in stupidly easy.

But still, for now, it's a castle in the sky. Also No Man's Sky is meant to be a persistent universe multi player game. So there's stuff for us to look forward to in both games.
    (This game is very much pie in the sky too, until proper gameplay appears.)