hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: [PVP] Vagabond

So butthurt about cynabal prices atm
    for only 30mil extra you get 25m dronebay, 5. mid, plenty of PG (so can easily fit dualprop or arties), better agility, better scanres.
    This shit is retarded.
    Last edited by n0th; October 10 2011 at 10:49:24 AM.

it's almost as if there's a bunch of new bots in Angel space vov
    Contract stuff to Seraphina Amaranth.

"You give me the awful impression - I hate to have to say - of someone who hasn't read any of the arguments against your position. Ever."

I am the 99.99998% Tyrus Tenebros's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LordsServant View Post
    I live in 2006.

With LG snakes + 5 link drake booster

Considering you CRUISE at faster than the overload speed of a non-nanofibered cynabal (assuming no snakes or links) this can make for some serious *smug* when that cynabal overloads and finds you STILL running circles around him

-Lords
    While I understand the fun of posting from a timewarp, the fact that you're pimping the ship with LGs + absurd booster drakes (why not 5link claymore or something at that??) and then comparing them to NON pimped enemies...

As much as fun as it might be, you're really just shitting up threads posting with high-implant / high-ganglink bonuses on fits that frankly aren't that effective even with full fleet boosts (341 dps vagabond w/ only 1 TE trollololol)
    I tried to be cool and all I got was a lousy warning about my sig being too big.

HEY LOOK AT ME I HAVE A TITAN LordsServant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrus Tenebros View Post
    While I understand the fun of posting from a timewarp, the fact that you're pimping the ship with LGs + absurd booster drakes (why not 5link claymore or something at that??) and then comparing them to NON pimped enemies...

As much as fun as it might be, you're really just shitting up threads posting with high-implant / high-ganglink bonuses on fits that frankly aren't that effective even with full fleet boosts (341 dps vagabond w/ only 1 TE trollololol)
    I have a 5link booster drake..not a claymore/loki alt :P

Comparing to non pimped enemies is just a suggestion. Either way it will be faster than a good 90% of cynabals. 341 dps is more than enough imo considering your speed. The whole point is nothing much can hit you, and you can run from p. much anything you want. Not trying to shit up threads at all, my apologies if it looks like that.

-Lords

I have a 5link booster drake..not a claymore/loki alt :P

Comparing to non pimped enemies is just a suggestion. Either way it will be faster than a good 90% of cynabals. 341 dps is more than enough imo considering your speed. The whole point is nothing much can hit you, and you can run from p. much anything you want. Not trying to shit up threads at all, my apologies if it looks like that.

-Lords
    I personally didn't look at it as shitting up the thread, but it does seem like a bit of a goofball fit considering you still get out-DPSed at every range by those 90% Cynabals you seem to focus on. Assuming your desired end-goal is an actual kill, how do you manage?

Someone should start a cynabal thread with some fits, so we can actually compare.
    Contract stuff to Seraphina Amaranth.

"You give me the awful impression - I hate to have to say - of someone who hasn't read any of the arguments against your position. Ever."

Quote Originally Posted by Mfume View Post
    I personally didn't look at it as shitting up the thread, but it does seem like a bit of a goofball fit considering you still get out-DPSed at every range by those 90% Cynabals you seem to focus on. Assuming your desired end-goal is an actual kill, how do you manage?
    Well call me crazy but fits that are designed to run away so you can :trollface: in local about not getting caught, but very rarely or never fight don't seem all that great.

But hey, to each their own.
    I tried to be cool and all I got was a lousy warning about my sig being too big.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrus Tenebros View Post
    Well call me crazy but fits that are designed to run away so you can :trollface: in local about not getting caught, but very rarely or never fight don't seem all that great.

But hey, to each their own.
    That fit isn't mine.

I live in 2006.

[Vagabond, old skool nano]
    Nanofiber Internal Structure II
    Gyrostabilizer II
    Tracking Enhancer II

Y-T8 Overcharged Hydrocarbon I Microwarpdrive
    Large Shield Extender II
    Large Shield Extender II
    Warp Disruptor II

425mm AutoCannon II, Barrage M
    [empty high slot]

Medium Ancillary Current Router I
    Medium Projectile Burst Aerator II

With LG snakes + 5 link drake booster

Speed - 4280 m/s - 4.6s Align Time
    DPS - who the fuck cares im doing 4k BUT....341 w/barrage - no drones
    EHP - 29,697 (shield harmonizing link)

Overloads to 6150 m/s

Considering you CRUISE at faster than the overload speed of a non-nanofibered cynabal (assuming no snakes or links) this can make for some serious *smug* when that cynabal overloads and finds you STILL running circles around him

-Lords

Meh Drop the Gyro for a WCS if your going true old skool.

gonna start flying these soon, couple of questions which I realise are going to be a matter of preference but still would like some experienced input

3x TE 2x gyro or 3xgyro 2x TE, (or of course something completely different)
    425's or 220's and a medium neut? I like the idea of podcats with the cloak, except i'd worry about losing targets because of the 3 second extra lock delay on a frigate
    polycarbs or cdfe's? would 1 of each be a bad idea?
    ecm drones or warrior II's?

what sort of range do you tend to keep at?

Contracts to 'Admiral Rufus' please

Quote Originally Posted by cillisia View Post
    gonna start flying these soon, couple of questions which I realise are going to be a matter of preference but still would like some experienced input

425's or 220's and a medium neut? I like the idea of podcats with the cloak, except i'd worry about losing targets because of the 3 second extra lock delay on a frigate

Any of the above will do, it's just a matter of personal preference. Most important thing with the Vaga is to get used to manual piloting. Spamming keep at range or using a set orbit can get you into trouble if you're not carefully monitoring what hostiles are doing. Your engagement envelope should be 18km to 24km. I prefer warriors to EC-300 so I can kill or drive away frig tacklers fast.

My personal favorite is
    [Vagabond, Nano]
    Tracking Enhancer II
    Tracking Enhancer II
    Gyrostabilizer II
    Gyrostabilizer II

Y-T8 Overcharged Hydrocarbon I Microwarpdrive
    Large F-S9 Regolith Shield Induction
    Large Shield Extender II
    Warp Disruptor II

220mm Vulcan AutoCannon II
    Medium Unstable Power Fluctuator I

Medium Core Defence Field Extender I
    Medium Core Defence Field Extender I

Warrior II x5

That fit isn't mine.
    I know

Content:

I usually fly 3x Gyro / 2x TE / 2x Polycarb. Tank is for sissies

edit: Typo, I fly with more damage not tracking. Also 220s and a neut is really the best (Imo) way to fly.

425s might want 3TE / 2Gyro to account for lack of neut and reduced tracking, also gives you good range.
    Last edited by Tyrus Tenebros; October 13 2011 at 03:37:01 PM.

Smuggo
    Quote Originally Posted by cillisia View Post

All those options are viable and ultimately down to personal preference and will somewhat depend on what you plan to do with the ship.

One thing though is to ensure you have at least a nano or a polycarb on it because the base agility is rubbish. Personally I use a polycarb and have a DC2 in my 5th low because that gives you some armour and structure bleed to get out if things go south.

Ideal engagement range is around 20km, kite the enemy and be weary of heavy neuts. You have okay damage but not a whole lot of tank or cap and your main targets solo are gonna be frigs that you've separated from blobs. Stay away from recons, they are all pretty deadly to a vaga. Try not to get scrammed but if you do get scrammed by a frigate put that overheated neut on them quickly and hope you can neut them off before their friends get a firm tackle on you.

So I did some quick research. If you have a 3% grid implant handy

425s/Utility (small neut, rocket launcher + defenders, light missile launcher for 15 more dps and for lulz, etc.)
    MWD/LSE/LSE/Point
    3x Gyro / 2x TE*

Gives you substantially better ranged dps in FLEETS. if you are solo roaming the higher utility from the Med. Neut is, IMO, critical.

RE 3TE / 425
    Green: 220s / 3 Gyro
    Blue: 3Gyro / 425

yeah i'll be soloing mainly so might be necessary to go with 220's and a med neut, although the extra dps from 425's does look attractive

Contracts to 'Admiral Rufus' please

ive been looking at it and it seems 425s just arnt worth it unless in big gangs perhaps, as soon as you get high transversal things start too fall apart from them

i know prozacs used to fly a dual 180mm vaga and was sucessful with it, but then he flew in faction war vs lots of frigs.

i fought a dual 180mm yesterday and wouldve lost if i was an idiot. he did great dps up close but terrible over 15k.
    http://eve.battleclinic.com/killboar...hp?id=14549683
    after having flown vagas for years i go with the 220mm single nano fit seen above. with +1 2 t2 lse fit but i run with lg sometimes....

always buy gun implants

Quote Originally Posted by felix-arb View Post
    ive been looking at it and it seems 425s just arnt worth it unless in big gangs perhaps, as soon as you get high transversal things start too fall apart from them

i know prozacs used to fly a dual 180mm vaga and was sucessful with it, but then he flew in faction war vs lots of frigs.

i fought a dual 180mm yesterday and wouldve lost if i was an idiot. he did great dps up close but terrible over 15k.
    http://eve.battleclinic.com/killboar...hp?id=14549683
    after having flown vagas for years i go with the 220mm single nano fit seen above. with +1 2 t2 lse fit but i run with lg sometimes....

always buy gun implants
    Please don't link to battleclinic eyebleach is expensive these days.

If you really want more range on your 220s to match 425s, drugs/implants/falloff rig is a better solution than scrapping the medium neut.
    It won't *quite* match, but that neut is the only thing really keeping you from getting owned by some otherwise easy targets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frug View Post
    Prom is right and you're dumb.
    Latest Video - The Inner Zone
    YouTube - LiveStream