hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 29101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: The Eastern Front: (Kalevala/Geminate/Etherium/Perrigen Falls)

double post somehow, please delete

Quote Originally Posted by Garst Tyrell View Post
    Well Im finding out only about TCF's drama from french forums using google translate
    Frugu is now relevant.
    If you have a question about ~French diplomacy~ (or anyone, or any topic, not only TCF), you can always ask me. *winkwink*

Quote Originally Posted by Garst Tyrell View Post
    A french corp that was planning to join them just moved in and mined, feeding regular S2N bomber gangs who promptly convoed them asking them to flip sides and spy on TRI/TCF. The french corp carebears promptly agreed and we evicted them when we found out the next day.
    That's not the only one. Something something Nulli from the start something (10 days in TCF, derp).

I remember when TCF was a decent fighting force, except when they lost Titans to Russians and proto-TRI. Then they went to Deklein and died. RIP
    Putin 2012

so TRI has kissed the ring and blued xdeath + renters and kicked their old allies to the curb. all in the name of having space. very independent coalition

PL grinds another alliance into submission

lol really? That's so gay

https://eveskunk.com/s/Triumvirate.
    Their standings beg to differ...

Its all a ruse guys, eveskunk says so.

News of the war in Dronregah
    Sent: 2015.06.29 17:47
    To: Legion of xXDEATHXx,

Good day.

Three days ago we asked representatives through an intermediary Alliance Triumvirate. The subject of conversation was the conclusion of a peace agreement between our coalition and alliance. Two days later, a representative Triumvirate Ditch and put an end to the talks, which marked the beginning of our friendship. Between Legion (Shadows and akademkoy) and the triumvirate has exhibited positive stands. Stands with the other members of the coalition will be put into the meeting of diplomats. In addition it will be exchanged Sovereignty and moons according to the agreements reached. Triumvirate moves in the region of the Space Etherium Reach and Spire. Instead, the moon will return all captured them elsewhere. The key point of the agreement was reset SF.

Our concerted action, both the alliance and the coalition as a whole, on two fronts brought the expected result. Reached an agreement between us - a definite plus: there is no need to work for a sleep timer, we will be able to focus on one front, SF lost one of its strongest allies in the war in Dronregah. On top of that, we hope that our cooperation with this very skilovannym Alliance go further than just a cease-fire and result in a fruitful partnership.

P.S. Please do not attack Starbases and structure of the new advantages wherever they may be. This extra work diplomats. Everything will be decided by them and returned the last owners in the near future.

God dammit TRI, what happened to not selling out, viking invaders and all that stuff?

WHAT THE FUCK IT'S REAL

How can you be this shit? You've had them....

during tri leadership meeting the reason given was they couldn't make any significant gains because PL would always show up to stop them

Super Moderator Global Moderator QuackBot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ron mexxico View Post
    during tri leadership meeting the reason given was they couldn't make any significant gains because PL would always show up to stop them
    Talk to them if you want a leadership position.

Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Talk to them if you want a leadership position.

Need Garst in here to spinzone it. Better to live on your knees than die on your feet right?

Nothing to spinzone

TRI now has a home base and personal/corp/alliance income completely grinded out for our members before fozziesov hits. Retreating to lowsec or some random region like venal would have just restarted the grind from scratch with nothing to show for how hard we've fought since feburary. Trading fighting one coalition for another (CFC, delve guys, sw, etc) may have created some content for TRI in the short run but in the end TRI would inevitably be back where it started--lowsec, with an empty alliance wallet. Instead of that a partnership with XIX gives TRI what so many other alliances have taken for granted over the years: an income source and a place to live until the next inevitable sov shakeup. Its easy for groups like PL/NCDOT/else who have already been enjoying their cake for years to smack TRI when their alliance infrastructure/wallet/politics are so entrenched already that they are taken for granted.

We finally got worn down over June and the war shifted from a slowly losing defensive sov grind to impending decisive defeat on timers due to being outnumbered so heavily. The straw that finally broke the camel's back was XIX returning active again in full force (150-200+ man fleets on important timers) combined with Nulli usually outnumbering us in mirror fleet comps, before even worrying about any of the 'interested third parties' like NCDOT or PL who were on call as they have vested financial interests in the drone regions. Dont buy the honorable third party spin, NCDOT/PL had joint skype channels and spies and coordinated to show up on any timers needed. Sure PL is untrustworthy and shoots whomever the FC feels like (example: wrik turning on TEST dreads during one of their joint fights against RED/DRF), but dont confuse that for any form of neutral 'honorable third partying'. Recently PL had minimal presence or activity against TRI in recent fights.

@Ron --PL showing up once a week didnt break TRI's drone campaign, 300+ local reds putting in the hard work to CTA grind us out daily did. We made all our significant gains long before PL started interfering after the nulli eviction; after that point it was all defensive timers. If anyone should smug it should be Nulli and XIX who used their pvp and politics to defeat us. XIX hiring S2N filled in a critical us/au tz gap they lacked and kept pressure up while XIX's leaders went inactive in May.

There were certainly missed chances to make the war drag on longer but the end result was never really in doubt once Nulli stayed past their initial contract. A political solution was only considered this past week when it was obvious the campaign had abruptly gone from tenable to lost. This war has been a learning point for myself and TRI and the fun ("content") we've had for 5 months has been great, but it abruptly dried up 1-2 weeks ago. There was nothing left to do but leave or watch our staging systems get head shot over and over again. When we discussed our options within TRI we knew we either had to make a peace treaty or leave, there was no continuing on in drones without doing one or the other.

The agreement was unquestionably favorable to TRI as we were a defeated force and perhaps should not have been able to receive terms as generously we did. So why did XIX agree to it? This allows us to enter a new relationship with XIX as strategic partners for mutual defense and offense. TRI still dictates its own standings, politics etc autonomously but we are now aligned with XIX and will honor that relationship. It provides us with new pvp opportunities at the coalition level which we were only previously able to lightly touch through limited cooperation with SOLAR. Sure our roamers are not able to gank ratters in the drone regions (such a tragic loss) but theres plenty of eve out there to fight Were only 2j from insmother and the entire south.

The last outstanding point I'd like to address is the resolution of this conflict in regards to SOLAR. As XIX apparently always wanted to work with TRI, agreeing on an alliance was a quick negotiation. The past few days I have instead spent in convo after convo trying to get XIX and SOLAR in the room with each other despite their years of bad bloods and feuding. This has been successful and the two sides have been talking. You will notice that TRI is still blue to both XIX and SOLAR and it my deepest wish that they can come to terms to end the war, and that SOLAR can remain in the area with the spoils of their own grind and campaign. Unless a deal is reached between the two, TRI will of course have no choice but to unfortunately reset SOLAR as part of honoring our new alignment with XIX and co. However that is not our preferred solution and I sincerely hope XIX and SOLAR can agree to peace after all these years of hatred. I have helped bring them to the bargaining table but that is all I can do--XIX and SOLAR must find common ground together as it cannot be imposed by an outside force. At this time it is unknown which way this will go, but the fact that the two are talking at all is a positive sign. I do not believe TRI is is backstabbing SOLAR as I have kept in constant convo with them throughout the entire process to explain what we were doing and why, and trying to help them in their talks with XIX. TRI never had any formal treaties or agreements from the start with solar, it was simply an "enemy of my enemy is my friend situation". At no point did we plot to help XIX evict them nor do we covet their sov. As I said I sincerely hope that SOLAR will be able to remain in the drones regions like Outer Passage with a home of their own but thats up to them and XIX.

It is telling that TRI leadership unanimously agreed to this partnership. During the various alliance meetings and chats since, I have not seen any major disagreement or dissatisfaction with the resolution from my guys in TRI. All the hate is coming from shit talkers on the outside, so hate away--its not my job as TRI alliance leader to make our rivals happy at the expense of my alliance membership. Though lets be honest, no one is ever really happy with anyone else in eve, yall jump on each other for the slightest excuse. Just the way eve is, cutthroat and almost artificially vicious. On reflection I'm sure im guilty of this myself often enough like everyone else, so forgive me I couldnt care less about your trolling

In the end regardless of this resolution TRI did fight against all odds for the entire spring, and this is not a fighting spirit that disappears with a new blue and some sov. Its who we are, and we will continue to seek out tough opponents and new campaigns to challenge ourselves with. There are plenty of coalitions and alliances to fight other than XIX directly next to us.

To put a bit of XIX spin on what's going on.

TRI gathered quite a bit of respect among our line members for providing fights while reasonably outnumbered (80x120 i.e.) and whopping our asses on several occasions. I can't blame them for standing down strategically when our leadership returned and decided to make a bit of a force display recently with those 200 man fleets.

I am, in fact, grateful to TRI leadership for sparing us the time waste of boring structure grind CTAs. Because the stated XIX objective for the rest of the war was eviction of TRI from ER, and with these odds no gudfights would happen.

Overall, this war, I believe, has proven that TRI has decent organizational integrity and reasonable leadership that gives a fuck about their members. Also some good FCs with balls. Looking forward to participating in your fleets from time to time

As I said I sincerely hope that SOLAR will be able to remain in the drones regions like Outer Passage with a home of their own but thats up to them and XIX.
    It's nearly impossible, IMO. SOLAR rethorics towards XIX are downright vicious, they almost identify themselves as opposition to XIX and RED (which have no love lost for each other too but thats a different topic). Last time SOLAR leadership attempted to build relations with RED and blueing them, it ended up with MACTEP (SF founder, pronounced "Master") showing up from year-long inactivity to perform a one-sided standings reset towards RED entitites. Resulting inhouse leadership conflict in SOLAR ended up with SOLAR being split into modern SOLAR and modern DRF. SOLAR lost 30% of their active members in the process.
    It's a wonder you even managed to get them in a room talking, Garst. But (esp. with a recent history of one-sided standings-resetting diplomacy) I doubt XIX leadership would trust SOLAR.

Also, here is a not-google-translated version of Karer's XIX SOTA on Drone region war.
    Greetings everyone,

A few days ago, through a 3d party, we were contacted by a representative from Triumvirate. alliance. The topic of the discussion was a peace treaty between our coalition and their alliance. After 2 days of negotiations, we have reached a decision, which kick started our friendly relations. We have already set blue standings between Legion of xXDEATHXx, Shadow of xXDEATHXx and NEXT Force to Triumvirate. The remaining standings with GemiCo will be set during a meeting between all coalition diplomats. Besides that, we will exchange sovereignty and moons in accordance with our agreement. Triumvirate will receive part of space in Etherium Reach and Spire. In return, the will give back all the moons they took in all other locations. The key point of the agreement was Triumvirate resetting Solar Fleet.

This was the expected result of our combined efforts on 2 fronts as alliance and our coalition as a whole. The bonus point was the agreement with have reached: no longer will we need to work on the night timers, we will be able to concentrate on a single front, Solar lost their most important ally in this war. Besides, we hope that our relation with Triumvirate will go further then just a seize fire and will turn into a partnership with such skilled alliance.

P.S. Please don't attack structures and towers of the new blues, where ever they are. This will only put more workload on the diplomats. Everything will be resolved through them and returned to the rightful owners in the near future.
    Last edited by Metalize; June 30 2015 at 07:19:02 AM.

Super Moderator Global Moderator QuackBot's Avatar
    Because i just couldn't get into it myself, so hope we whelp them in atxii.

It's funny how a single alliance can take down or disrupt heavily a shitty nullsec coalition in Dominion sov system.
    I guess that if you want pew you can now open a new front down through Great Wildlands or go after Red alliance or something have you been thinking about any new doctrines? I can sell you 550x Navy Scorpion BPC

LOL tl;dr wall of text, old sov maps rabble rabble? RIP Tri.MK8 now with extra sash!
    atleast the sov indexs remain ))))

Movember 2011Donor
    I got to admit I'm a bit on the wall here. I've been in tri mrk 8 for 8 months and I've enjoyed it.

I really enjoyed the attacking fleets. Where it was us and some friends against xix and some of their friends. There were some big fights but it was manageable. We slowly ground into them, it was fun. I doubt you will find 1 major fight for a timer where we were the larger force.

Then we held space - and NS arrived. You got to remember we are talking of an alliance of 2000+ members, joining an alliance of 2000+ members + numerous pets, against TRI with 600 members when NS arrived + our only partners of Solar 1,5,00. But we still held them for a long period, but then it was easy for 3rd parties to arrive. We had third parties all the time, but before it was likely we would have to reinforce a station 5 or 6 times before a final timer would arrive and scouts reported no 3rd parties around (sometimes 3rd parties would contact us and offer help but it was rareish in the total number of station conquered). Now its clear that certain entities are living around us cause they know NS+XIX will take stations and for us to defend we have to bring nicer ships (we are out numbered) and we the juicy target... Hey if I was them I'd rather shoot rattlers than armor ishtars and harpys!!!

We also have, imho, a very large elephant in the room - CFC are bored. XiX are looking over their shoulder at the biggest confederation of people ever seen in EVE and they share an area for them. With fozziesoft its gonna be easy for a small roaming gang to cause ball ache, and if they fighting in the east, the west border (with CFC) is open. I heard that CFC want a RP war, but I look at west of Germinate and you have Bastion/CO2/LAWN/Void all in one region... 8,500 pilots in one region, with fozzie soft they are going to play with the nearest shit to them, and germinate is 1 jump away. We already seen CO2 take space from XIX (then forced to return it) - I'm guessing CFC leadership got the isk the pilots got the bum rush. But can XiX or even us afford to pay off the CFC? I doubt it.

So before fozziesoft I'm guessing our leadership thought, we are out numbered and our members are a bit pissed (but understand) that "Guys we want to fight but our scouts see 300 XIX, 100NS and PL staging system is busy, oh an NC killboard shows them 1 region away heading this way, we won't win!".

tl;dr
    I await the next order, and will enjoy the break for a bit!
    You may be a king or a little street sweeper, but sooner or later you will dance with the reaper!

All those words to essentially say Tri is no different than a mid tier CFC alliance. Cool beans.

Oh btw, CFC is never going to take xDx space. Mittens and him go back almost what, a decade?