hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I'm terrible at... [Dumb Questions]

Quote Originally Posted by Lief Siddhe View Post
    Stock P-38

Wat do
    either grab your gimp suit or runaway screaming. Strong point is it's accurate. Weak points everything else.

When people say it (should be) fast forget it was mainly successful in the pacific theatre facing zero's.
    Last edited by Torashuu; December 4 2013 at 09:37:48 AM.

Dumb questions thread? Ok!

1. Is this game even worth keeping when want a nice flight sim with joystick and don't want to be outmatched against all those mouse-whores?
    Seems waiting for a historical-battle takes forever.

2. I'm using FaceTrackNoIR with an IR-clip ... works very well here, may dabble with the curves a bit more, but it crashes few times while playing ... some issue with OpenGL. But even though the program (facetrack) crashed, it is somehow still running and tracking ... i just can't change the curves or something. It asks me if i want to go to nvidia-support in a un-minimizable window. If i say yes or no it closes facetrack for good and tracking actually stops. Anyone even using it?

not sure how it is in FRB, but just accept that mouse users (not sure why call whores) are at an advantage. I started with a stick, realised it isn't really a simmy sim and went to using a mouse - instant fun.

Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    not sure how it is in FRB, but just accept that mouse users (not sure why call whores) are at an advantage. I started with a stick, realised it isn't really a simmy sim and went to using a mouse - instant fun.
    boo hoo i use a, in my mind, superior way of controlling the game so the others are whores for not doing the way i do it nerdshit as usual basically

it's a simmy sim in FRB and there's no mouse users, and tbh in historicals you can do really well without mouse... sure its a bit harder to aim but a LOT nicer to fly an control the plane so it balances itself out

forget AB tho

FRB?
    Simple: I want to fly with a stick. Plane? Stick! Musn't be a HOTAS, but stick is right. I want to have fun with it although i know it is easier with mouse and flybywire. I just didn't expect so few joystick-players that there aren't even any games to join ...

Quote Originally Posted by Cortess View Post
    FRB?
    Simple: I want to fly with a stick. Plane? Stick! Musn't be a HOTAS, but stick is right. I want to have fun with it although i know it is easier with mouse and flybywire. I just didn't expect so few joystick-players that there aren't even any games to join ...
    er, you can get historical battles quite easily (just maybe not at super low tiers) and joystick works fine

full real battle is the 100% sim mode tho (evn tho not all planes ar eproperly modeled yet)

yeah queues for historical aren't that bad really, unless you're going with some really obscure tier

I just started ... level 1 ... i have no idea.

Anyway ... FaceTrackNoIR-crashes fixed itself for the time. Or i actually found the right setting by testing things (Use TrackIR, hid FreeTrack). Is really cool with it!

Edit: Just crashed again ... wtf
    And got into a historical battle (yay), destroyed a artillery (yay), got shot down (nay), can't respawn ... that's it? Is it always like that? No respawn in historicals?

Last edited by Cortess; December 7 2013 at 07:57:33 PM.

that's exactly it mate.. no respawns in HB only in arcade..

Quote Originally Posted by Cortess View Post
    I just started ... level 1 ... i have no idea.

Anyway ... FaceTrackNoIR-crashes fixed itself for the time. Or i actually found the right setting by testing things (Use TrackIR, hid FreeTrack). Is really cool with it!

Edit: Just crashed again ... wtf
    And got into a historical battle (yay), destroyed a artillery (yay), got shot down (nay), can't respawn ... that's it? Is it always like that? No respawn in historicals?

Yeah no respawns in historicals , did i mention your gay.

Real men fly in arcade, i kid you not.

real men fly whatever they fucking want to

Inb4metarazor

Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Apart from Razor.

Russians cant into arcade.

Quote Originally Posted by Meths View Post
    Apart from Razor.

Dunno mate, most of my squadron plays arcade and the founding faggot often brings 10+ kill screens.

They are hilariously bad at historicals though because :teamwork:.

Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Meths View Post
    Apart from Razor.

Dunno mate, most of my squadron plays arcade and the founding faggot often brings 10+ kill screens.

They are hilariously bad at historicals though because :teamwork:.
    Only trolling you dude im terribad and cant do historicals for shit

arcade is harder to do well at tbh, too chaotic :P

oh and everything is super fast and climbs like a helicopter

Confirming i'm slow and 4:3 doesn't give me as much awareness as 16:9 would without excessive headturning.

Well, the game looks really good and i like the cockpits very much ... too bad that using them actually puts you in a bad place.
    Guess i just gonna use this game to show off my TrackIR then ...

Started playing 2 days ago, yesterday I unlocked the first bomber of the germans, cant check the name right now. Holds 15-20 50kg bombs or something. Yesterday I had some luck taking down ground targets.

Today I did three runs (before I got taken out). The first one was kinda bad and I simply missed. The second one was supposed to be perfect - 7 - 8 medium tanks in a perfect line. I was at 3km altitude, plane leveled and in line with my targets. Entered bomb sight, started dropping the bombs when the target indicator (little circle that wobbles around) was about to reach the first target. Unloaded my bomb bay, got ZERO hit notifications. Couldnt look where the bombs landed due to suddenly clouds.

Help happened once again after that :/ I know that 50kg bombs are useless but I would've been ok with just hitting the targets, for practice etc.
    Last edited by Tyrehl; December 15 2013 at 02:28:05 PM.
    <Devec> hello captain Tyrehl
    <Devec> sailor of the persian seas
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradox
    I swear you are some sort of biological weapon developed in the early '90's for the Yugoslav wars but they lost track of you at some point and now you're waging a psychological war on Western Europe without a clue what you're doing.

i've actually never gone with that little circle (oh so that's what it does)

i just go for the centre of the black cross, and it works so v0v