hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: I'm terrible at... [Dumb Questions]

I'm terrible at... [Dumb Questions]

...YER-2's

I've heard many a times that the Yer-2's are pretty good at bombing the shit out of ground targets, given their payload i'm pretty confident that they are.

But, how do i do it? Everytime i hop into one i'm getting taken out within minutes before i even get to drop my load.

What i do; Spawn in my Yer at around 3.5km altitude, i try to figure out where i want to go and start a slow climb. Usually at around 4 to 4.5km its where i get downed. gg bombing is shit, back to my LA-5FN.

Quote Originally Posted by Tajidan View Post
    ...YER-2's

I've heard many a times that the Yer-2's are pretty good at bombing the shit out of ground targets, given their payload i'm pretty confident that they are.

But, how do i do it? Everytime i hop into one i'm getting taken out within minutes before i even get to drop my load.

What i do; Spawn in my Yer at around 3.5km altitude, i try to figure out where i want to go and start a slow climb. Usually at around 4 to 4.5km its where i get downed. gg bombing is shit, back to my LA-5FN.
    There isn't much you can do, heavy bombers are crap if you don't have some squadmates to support them. You can increase your chances of survival by climbing to at least 6km but even then there is a good chance that someone will be already waiting for you. Of course, at 6km bombing moving targets becomes quite difficult so you better hope that there are some stationary targets around.

Eh i hoped there was some special tactics involved but alas, fingers crossed that the enemy is full of retards then. I guess at 6km you just bomb the crap out of their landing strip and hope no one reaches you in time.

Another question. With the upcoming research tree change, what are some essential planes i need to aquire? I got Soviets at 13, Germans almost at 12, US and British around 6-8 dunno dont play them much.

I have all the La's and BF109's, maybe the Peshkas and Dorniers?

Load your lineup with 3-4 yers. Climb, then power dive towards enemy landing strip. Drop bombs, die to enemy fighter. Grab next Yer, repeat. At the end of three minutes, enjoy victory and rage tears from opposing team. Return to main menu, realize earnings don't cover repair or ammo costs, and switch to flying nothing but spitfires. Vow never to use lame Russian bombers again.

(Yer is actually good, just very slow and climbs poorly. I usually only fly it on the maps with strategic targets, where the huge payload can really make a difference).

Yer-2 is like a whalengton. Food for biplanes.

Get a Tu-2S.
    Quote Originally Posted by lucian View Post
    (Yer is actually good, just very slow and climbs poorly.
    Also dies before gunners even wake up. A good plane, 5/5 would waste 2 million lions again.
    Last edited by RazoR; November 27 2013 at 07:06:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    Yer-2 is like a whalengton. Food for biplanes.

Get a Tu-2S.
    Quote Originally Posted by lucian View Post
    (Yer is actually good, just very slow and climbs poorly.
    Also dies before gunners even wake up. A good plane, 5/5 would waste 2 million lions again.
    Tu-2S looks nice, how does it compare to the premium one?

planes i could unlock but havn't done so, in russians:

Yak-9P
    La-7b-20
    IL-10
    Tu-2S
    Pe-2 (all of them)
    Yer-2 (all but first one)

Yak-9P
    La-7b-20
    IL-10
    Tu-2S
    Pe-2 (all of them)
    Actual bombload, more pull, no air brakes. Rest is pretty much the same. Also B-20 turret on later versions, ideal for quick kills.

9P is very mediocre for 14th at first. 23mm helps but it's still a jack of all trades and with 37mm my priorities would shift to bomber/assault hunting.
    7B is shit at 13, 5FN is where Lavochkin line shines. However La-9 is really going to shake things up, inb4 bearcat butthurt.
    10 is a much faster and full-metal 2.
    First line, best schnellbomber imo. Only downside is if you catch fire it never fucking stops.
    Very fun planes (flown 205 and 359). Good tank, speed, agility and 10 fucking rockets. Also UBT turrets.
    Shit, avoid at all cost.

Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post

Yak-9P
    La-7b-20
    IL-10
    Tu-2S
    Pe-2 (all of them)
    Actual bombload, more pull, no air brakes. Rest is pretty much the same. Also B-20 turret on later versions, ideal for quick kills.

9P is very mediocre for 14th at first. 23mm helps but it's still a jack of all trades and with 37mm my priorities would shift to bomber/assault hunting.
    7B is shit at 13, 5FN is where Lavochkin line shines. However La-9 is really going to shake things up, inb4 bearcat butthurt.
    10 is a much faster and full-metal 2.
    First line, best schnellbomber imo. Only downside is if you catch fire it never fucking stops.
    Very fun planes (flown 205 and 359). Good tank, speed, agility and 10 fucking rockets. Also UBT turrets.
    Shit, avoid at all cost.
    yer is only used for faggots bombing out bases and works great at that, but fuck them

and bearcats are already butthurt as it is, cant hurt to be some more :3

hey cool, very good advice thanks for that. will avoid the yers even though they look cool. 7b i was on the fence anyway since it does not lead to anything. IL-10 not sure if im gonna buy it though, seems fun but the tiering eww. besides i never see them in battle which is a bit suspicious about its performance

hey cool, very good advice thanks for that. will avoid the yers even though they look cool. 7b i was on the fence anyway since it does not lead to anything. IL-10 not sure if im gonna buy it though, seems fun but the tiering eww. besides i never see them in battle which is a bit suspicious about its performance
    only 170% reward on 13 tier why fly it some faglord on a yak-9p

Then i raped faces.
    Last edited by RazoR; November 28 2013 at 01:12:57 PM.

Trees from PS4 1.37 client:

http://imgur.com/a/T7rC5#0

Im gonna go for the Tu-2 first, as it seems to be buried in Pe-2's and Yers

edit: found a better one
    Last edited by Tajidan; November 28 2013 at 03:28:48 PM.

Trees from PS4 1.37 client:

http://imgur.com/a/T7rC5#0

Im gonna go for the Tu-2 first, as it seems to be buried in Pe-2's and Yers

edit: found a better one
    those trees and tiers... they actually look really good...

Any ideas on numbers yet? How long do we actually have to play to unlock the Typhoon from the last Hurricane for example?

Quote Originally Posted by Kilabi View Post
    Any ideas on numbers yet? How long do we actually have to play to unlock the Typhoon from the last Hurricane for example?
    If you don't have minmatar battleships i want you to suffer.

That is all.
      Spoiler:
    Why is there no hawker maelstrom ffs

Anyone got an idea how to fly the Arado, god that thing is a nightmare, both arcade and hb.

Don't

Quote Originally Posted by metacannibal View Post
    Anyone got an idea how to fly the Arado, god that thing is a nightmare, both arcade and hb.
    A jet bomber without gunners that doesn't outrun anything (possibly meteors f3?)? Yeah, great idea gaijin.

Super Moderator Global Moderator QuackBot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilabi View Post
    Hurricane is a weird item. It synergizes nicely with twitch's ult, and with the next few days, took procession of the new macbook pro.

Stock P-38

Wat do

Quote Originally Posted by Lief Siddhe View Post
    Stock P-38

Wat do
    Hunt bombers whalengtons.

I shelved that shit. Then got the ultrapack and tried XP and it's about the same fully upgraded.