hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm better than you thread (metacannibal memorial)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrehl View Post
    Interesting, I like how this sounds. But how do you visually identify an airplane? Or are these events some historical Germany vs USA battles etc? From what I remember I could put Luftwaffe markings on pretty much every plane / tank.
    Like you do IRL, by shape. You dont usually id tanks/planes by markings except large stripe markers, like the dday stripes or what ukrainians do right now.

Quote Originally Posted by metacannibal View Post
    Interesting, I like how this sounds. But how do you visually identify an airplane? Or are these events some historical Germany vs USA battles etc? From what I remember I could put Luftwaffe markings on pretty much every plane / tank.
    Like you do IRL, by shape. You dont usually id tanks/planes by markings except large stripe markers, like the dday stripes or what ukrainians do right now.
    Yup.

Saw an IL-2 above yesterday, said Oh hey look theres a russian IL-2 -

GF Said, how do you know what it is?

I said - because look at it, quickly alt-tabbed and typed IL-2 into google, showed her pictures.

she goes oooooh, it is! do you know all the tanks and planes then?

me - no just the ones that i see quite a lot.

Alt-tab back into game.

Tank has been bombed by IL-2.

meh

Quote Originally Posted by Herstal View Post
    It's a combined ground/air SB event with no minimap spotting, no HUD and no friend/foe markers. It's only running until tomorrow, but the response has been overwhelmingly positive, so i'm pretty sure they'll introduce into regular SB battles soon(tm).
    You can only put the balkenkreuz on german tanks/planes, red star on russians, etc etc. Not that it matters as SB's have (almost?) always been nation vs nation, not randomized crap like AB - visual ID is, well, visual. Not a problem in tanks, i haven't shot any friendlies yet, but i imagine it may be more difficult in planes - dunno, no experience in air SB.
    Last edited by Herstal; January 19 2015 at 09:09:42 AM.

It's a combined ground/air SB event with no minimap spotting, no HUD and no friend/foe markers. It's only running until tomorrow, but the response has been overwhelmingly positive, so i'm pretty sure they'll introduce into regular SB battles soon(tm).
    You can only put the balkenkreuz on german tanks/planes, red star on russians, etc etc. Not that it matters as SB's have (almost?) always been nation vs nation, not randomized crap like AB - visual ID is, well, visual. Not a problem in tanks, i haven't shot any friendlies yet, but i imagine it may be more difficult in planes - dunno, no experience in air SB.
    T-III and KV-1B are friendly fire magnets in RB and SB, let alone pure SB.

It would be even worse in air. He-112 V-5 actually has IJN paint as an unlockable skin. And then there's the huge pile of premium shit. There are Fw. 190s and P-47s on most nations, and the Sabre and MiG are widespread. Combine this with engagement speeds and distances that make identifying markings significantly harder and you've got a recipe for friendly fire.

-O
    I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those Thukkers, that way I wouldn't have to have any goddamn stupid useless conversations with anybody.
    Failing the Voight-Kampff test, one tortoise at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ophichius View Post
    He-112 V-5 actually has IJN paint as an unlockable skin.
    Does germany ever fight japfucks though?

for general knowledge you get a tag on friendlies in sim battle once you come under about 700 meters in planes.

I am slowly getting into sim battles myself, I managed to get a couple of assists and a kill so I have that going for me!

usually, yes. in the event thingy there were no tags whatsoever.

i want:

1) realistic planes
    2) simulation tonkz
    3) tags that appear when less than, i dunno, 100-200 meters from enemy (tanks) and 300-400m from enemy (planes), IF you actively tag them, none of this magic snipespotting bullshit through trees
    4) bigger maps/more people, fuck 15 vs 15 what is this unreal tournament or WW2
    5) slower objective points (so you can actually come back from the brink of defeat)
    6) fucking CLAN WARS or some fucking context for battle above "just getting xp for next tier" but that would probably be solved by 4 and 5
    7) BR that actually makes some fucking sense

also forever hating gayjin for introducing "captured" models into tech trees, seriously fuck that shit
    Last edited by Lief Siddhe; January 21 2015 at 04:00:26 PM.
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

It's 16v16, wotard.

Oh, that changes EVERYTHING.
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

yes

32 vs 32 would be pretty pimpin.

Quote Originally Posted by Sp4m View Post
    32 v 32 would be a fucking travesty without a complete redesign of the maps and spawn system. 16 v 16 spawns are already a complete clusterfuck of incompetent retards, and the maps wind up crowded and full of shitheads who will block you in or push you out of cover because they want your location.

-O
    I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those Thukkers, that way I wouldn't have to have any goddamn stupid useless conversations with anybody.

32 v 32 would be a fucking travesty without a complete redesign of the maps and spawn system. 16 v 16 spawns are already a complete clusterfuck of incompetent retards, and the maps wind up crowded and full of shitheads who will block you in or push you out of cover because they want your location.

-O
    Arcade problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Varcaus View Post
    Arcade problems.
    RB/SB actually. I've been pushed out of cover in my Pz. IV F2 several times by idiot team mates looking to hide. And RB starts are fucking moronic half the time. I can't count the number of times I've been fucked up in spawn by my own team ramming my ZiS-30 or Marder III, then spent the whole match in a crippled vehicle doing nothing.

-O

Quote Originally Posted by Varcaus View Post
    Arcade problems.
    RB/SB actually. I've been pushed out of cover in my Pz. IV F2 several times by idiot team mates looking to hide. And RB starts are fucking moronic half the time. I can't count the number of times I've been fucked up in spawn by my own team ramming my ZiS-30 or Marder III, then spent the whole match in a crippled vehicle doing nothing.

-O
    I've experienced this too.. And it's not like you can hide in AB/RB with that massive hit mark on top of your tank anyways xD

32v32 would have to be on full air maps with 3 ground spawns.

Yes, i'm an autist that likes ~~~strategic~~ play.

Super Moderator Global Moderator QuackBot's Avatar
    It would be if you twats would log in...

Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    32v32 would have to be on full air maps with 3 ground spawns.

Yes, i'm an autist that likes ~~~strategic~~ play.
    32v32 with the maps the size of current air maps would be fine.

and yes, 3 spawns. for ground. Airfield for planes.

But if people want to stick to 15v15 they should be able too. just call the new mode like:

Large Battle - Arcade
    Large Battle - RB
    Large Battle - Sim

Maybe PS4/3 players will be locked out due to HW requirements.

maybe not.

I hope not, I Don't have a Playstation but I kinda like that people can play this game on it.

I'm actually pretty happy with this one. Hooray for dumb Venoms.