hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Titan Bridge changes idea

If bridging is made less safe, only the biggest blob that can make it safe will use it.

So random small gang folks will sell their titans, while goons can happily throw 2k dudes with the titan into system. Folks that don't want to slowboat to shoot stuff will want to join goons more. oh great~~~

Malcanis law in action folks

THE PUNISHED
    Quote Originally Posted by Shin_getter View Post
    If bridging is made less safe, only the biggest blob that can make it safe will use it.

So random small gang folks will sell their titans, while goons can happily throw 2k dudes with the titan into system. Folks that don't want to slowboat to shoot stuff will want to join goons more. oh great~~~

Malcanis law in action folks
    yeah, but you're an idiot

-Titan creates bubble and jump with everything in 10-15km

-If the titan is pointed nothing jumps

-if other ships are pointed in the bubble they don't jump

-if you're not in the same fleet as the titan you jump also

-Can't open a portal on the same grid as a pos

-caps and super included

Top lel ensues

Try to get away from a hic now when you boat it around the universe like a fucking flee.

Bonus point if you manage to bridge back an enemy subcap fleet with you to face fuck them in your staging system.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

THE PUNISHED
    that'd be kind of fun, actually.

So the bridge wouldn't care who was in range? Just "anyone" ?

heh

Quote Originally Posted by Ralara View Post

heh
    Yeah

Sounds pretty fucking funny right

Quote Originally Posted by Baarhyn View Post

heh
    Yeah

Sounds pretty fucking funny right
    Give it a 30 second spool up time with a massive graphical shit.

Make it the only way for tits to move around. Roll that feature into theyre jump drive mechanics.

Fuck. Do that with every cap, up to 5 targeted ships, except for tits subcaps only, need to be in like 1k for the other ships.

For extra lolz make it portal pos mods with it if you're inside the pos and in range with the ship hangar.

Extra lulz

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

THE PUNISHED
    v0v

not really sure what you're saying, there.

v0v

not really sure what you're saying, there.
    i'm saying take jump bridges out of the game, every single time you jump a titan everything 10k around it follows. Even pos mods that are too close jump with it.

and every time someone jump a cap the 5 first locked targets that aren't pointed and are in 5k range go with it.

extra lulz

I like the idea of simply generating a k-k wormhole to a specific destination. That way, anyone could use it in either direction until the mass collapsed. Jumping a super through would be a good method of collapsing said hole.

However, hotdropping is usually stupid, except as a way of cap fight escalations. The power of throwaway alts is increased too dramatically by this mechanic. At best, warping to a weak beacon should simply deposit one randomly in a system. Only POS-based cyno nodes should have the signal generation output for a precision jump. Perhaps a better mechanic would focus less on the skillpoints of the capital pilot for jump range, and limit the visibility of the cyno beacon based on the size of the module involved. Bait drake equipped cynos would be limited to maybe one system jump, while an XL version could pull in support from many light years around.

The trouble I see is, how do we have this sov warfare mechanic make sense alongside the needs of blops? I think they should be able to hop to any cyno signal within the broadcast range, or limit the exclusiveness of their ability to covert cynos. The current blops system is pretty awkward.

Not really caring since I stopped playing but what if we approach the buttsex surprise bridging from the other end namely the bridgees?

Create a midslot module neccesary for taking the taxi with a 50% malus to cpu and pg. Would instantly destroy combat bridging while not really nerfing the logistics capabilities. It does nothing for power projection but at least the losec guys won't have to worry about a thousand angry bees descending instantly as they'd have to refit first.

Also, "Module cannot be removed due to static charges after use. Please wait 120 seconds before removal"

Super Moderator Global Moderator QuackBot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Baarhyn View Post

i'm saying take jump bridges out of the game, every single time you jump a titan everything 10k around it follows. Even pos mods that are too close jump with it.

and every time someone jump a cap the 5 first locked targets that aren't pointed and are in 5k range go with it.

extra lulz
    I'm in too.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan Dax View Post
    Not really caring since I stopped playing but what if we approach the buttsex surprise bridging from the other end namely the bridgees?

Create a midslot module neccesary for taking the taxi with a 50% malus to cpu and pg. Would instantly destroy combat bridging while not really nerfing the logistics capabilities. It does nothing for power projection but at least the losec guys won't have to worry about a thousand angry bees descending instantly as they'd have to refit first.

Also, "Module cannot be removed due to static charges after use. Please wait 120 seconds before removal"
    I'd prefer making it a rig slot or something tbh, and maybe have some ships with the bridging capability minus the rig slot as a role bonus?

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post

I'd prefer making it a rig slot or something tbh, and maybe have some ships with the bridging capability minus the rig slot as a role bonus?
    Or only allow ships to throw up a beacon when on grid with the systems star.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholai Pestot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post

Or only allow ships to throw up a beacon when on grid with the systems star.
    That'd be interesting... Maybe RP that cynos require extra power drawn from the star...
    Actually an '06.

EVE: OrangeAfroMan
    Dust514: Andrelommech
    WoT: NorthernNomad
    MWO: Loren Ward

www.twitch.tv/oameve

noticed this in the new patch notes

Ships and Modules

The isotope fuel requirements of Capital Jump Drives, Jump Portal Generators and Doomsday Devices have been increased by 50%

Quote Originally Posted by Dev0 View Post
    noticed this in the new patch notes

Ships and Modules

The isotope fuel requirements of Capital Jump Drives, Jump Portal Generators and Doomsday Devices have been increased by 50%
    Hm... Ninja'd in?
    Actually an '06.

EVE: OrangeAfroMan
    Dust514: Andrelommech
    WoT: NorthernNomad
    MWO: Loren Ward

www.twitch.tv/oameve