hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: Ground forces CBT

my pe3 can't carry rockets yet

I have managed two bomber kills with russian bombers though. Almost had a 3rd but a hurricane stole it.

edit: and right after I post I nail 3 bombers in a row. Took the control surfaces off a blenheim from the rear, passed under and let the tail gunner have at him from point blank. Turned around and dove on an Ar-2, missed him in a cloud but snagged another Pe3 with a cockpit shot, then turned again and noticed the Ar-2 had landed for an easy strafing run.
    Last edited by dpidcoe; November 19 2013 at 04:10:13 AM.
    i heard you're ideas and their definately good

Immediately got two beauforts and two beaufighters in my D-5.

l2thunder
      Spoiler:

Crashed into the last beau because :effort: dodging and :not sure if: teamates coudl kill him anyway.

when teds told me the ki45 counts for the event: many lols were had

I had 3 kills left to do and just lost 5 pilots in a single game. I think i got 1 kill and 1 assist in that round ffs.

fake edit: while typing this i respawned, lost that pilot also. And another 2 assists.
    fake edit 2: Apparently 2 of the guys I shot just crashed after i spawned my last plane and the kills count now. Thank god, I could not stand another round.
    fake edit 3: Predictable I lost my last plane, my wellington, after getting my pilot knocked out from behind by a Yak-1.
    Last edited by Kilabi; November 19 2013 at 05:11:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilabi View Post
    fake edit 3: Predictable I lost my last plane, my wellington, after getting my pilot knocked out from behind by a Yak-1.
    I spent an entire round arguing with some moron who insisted that aircraft aren't armored and therefore a 50 cal from the rear is completely expected to kill the pilot because no aircraft designer in their right mind would put a 30kg steel plate behind the seat specifically to keep that from happening

However, I did have it pointed out to me that my bomber pilots only have like 15 vitality. Supposedly they stop dieing so much when they get more in the range of 30-50.

At least the new thing for today is just getting any air kills flying anything I feel like (hello russian biplanes with tracers)

Haha! Getting sea meteor for this shit.

Super Moderator Global Moderator QuackBot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dpidcoe View Post
    my pe3 can't carry rockets yet

I have managed two bomber kills with russian bombers though. Almost had a 3rd but a hurricane stole it.

edit: and right after I post I nail 3 bombers in a row. Took the control surfaces off a blenheim from the rear, passed under and let the tail gunner have at him from point blank. Turned around and dove on an Ar-2, missed him in a cloud but snagged another Pe3 with a cockpit shot, then turned again and noticed the Ar-2 had landed for an easy strafing run.
    Well it's not chiefie's but, it's a bomber.

Time to dust off those little Buffalos.

Hellcat glories ahead!

Trying to be top of the team for a victory is making this worse than WoT in terms of retarded teamates.

Except you can singlehandedly carry a team to victory in this game to a much bigger degree than world of RNG

Fuck, donīt have a single heavy bomber unocked for today. Could spend 1k gold to bump up my russians but not really sure I want to do that.

x5 experience for the first victory on every nation

15% special discount for XP conversion: USSR, Japan

Achievements:

While flying I-15 WR, I-15 M-22, I-15 R, I-15 bis destroy 40/25/10 enemy aircraft in Arcade/History/Full-Real Battles respectively.

While flying Ki-10-I, Ki-10-I C, Ki-10-II, Ki-10-II C destroy 40/25/10 enemy aircraft in Arcade/History/Full-Real Battles respectively.

While flying any USSR aircraft destroy 50/30/7 enemy aircraft in Arcade/History/Full-Real Battles respectively.

While flying any Japanese aircraft destroy 50/30/7 enemy aircraft in Arcade/History/Full-Real Battles respectively.

You may earn up to 140 000 Silver Lions completing these achievements, and each of them will be counted as a 'Ground Forces HQ' mission, increasing your chances of being invited to the ground forces closed beta.

(You can check your progress in your game profile — 'Achievements' tab)
    Nearly missed that one. Thanks filingo.

Meh, screw the ground forces beta. The challenges are getting ever more dumber. Flying heavy bombers is nothing but a chore.

g5 in historicals <3 so easy lol

The Do217 E1 seems like the best german ground attack plane. That fixed 20mm cannon in front helps farm lots of kills.

HOWEVER - the next version Do217 has a 20mm turret in front. Which is fucking useless since the pilot can't fire it

Quote Originally Posted by Constantinus View Post
    Meh, screw the ground forces beta. The challenges are getting ever more dumber. Flying heavy bombers is nothing but a chore.
    You should not expect that you will have to fill ALL tasks to get in. Chances are they will give each achievement a score and do a sum of that, plus random picks regardless of score.

Quote Originally Posted by Constantinus View Post
    That's basically what I said when I logged in yesterday and decided to fly biplanes.

So yeah, i missed yesterday's because XCOM. Oh well.

Rabble rabble rabble japs rabble rabble rabble. Another pass for me today.