[MAULER] I, For One, Welcome Our New Mech Overlords

Because it is already in the game files :PGI:

Opened with Cry-engine

Sarna Pic:

MAL-1R, aka 4*UAC5 is a go!
    1*ER Large Laser per Arm
    1*LRM15 & 2 AC2 per side torso

Sum: 2E, 2M, 4B
    Ferro, DHS and a 270XL in the base variant.

All other variants are questionable how they are gonna work in MWO as all other variants have the same 2E & 2M & 4B hard point allocation and even have future tech: Sub-nose PPC or UAC2.

Movember '12 Ginger Excellence Movember 2011Movember 2012 LarkinAlpha's Avatar
    Lore Wise, this is one of those designs that was in development right before the Clans showed up, and they just couldn't get it to work right. Post Clans, with stolen tech, the Mauler was an effective machine though. It may be slated to be released at the same time the Clan Mechs show up.

Sweeeeeeeet.

ALLL OF MY HNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

My simpleton dreams are coming true!

Quote Originally Posted by DerWish View Post
    Mauler stuff
    MAL-1R, aka 4*UAC5 is a go!
    Inb4 adding ghost heat to firing >2 UAC5's at once because of :PGI:
    If money was a chicken, would the chicken be evil?

DUAL AC20/Gauss BOAT HERE WE COME

ALthough he Mauler doesn't have 3 time available variants technically

MAL-1R (in prodution)
    MAL-C same as -1R but with a C3 Slave (useless) (not in production til 3051)
    MAL-3R has LBX's in the arms + jumpjets (uses current tech but not in production til 3062)

There is a thing called the Daboku or something which is essentially a MAL-1R that didn't work worth a shit

/bitter/ PGI won't put this thing in the game until next year (aka Clans hopefully) so its just there to keep IS from being "completely obsoleted" by Omni designs toting Dual UAC20's. /bitter/

Fuck im not being bitter... that's what is going to happen. Seriously!

Also we should have the Devastator by now. That awesome motherfucker has been kicking around since 3048. We have 2 time specific variants and another 3rd that could be fudged in because it doesn't use any high tech stuff (just increased Gauss ammo by sacking 2 lasers).
    Assholetep is such an asshole. Every time I'm unfolding my Tesseract Labyrinth he comes in and is all "Funny how you can get into a toy, but not into a Necrontyr babe's pants" and winks and laughs all the way down the stasis chamber. What an asshole.

Quote Originally Posted by Calbanite View Post

MAL-1R (in prodution)
    MAL-3R has LBX's in the arms + jumpjets (uses current tech but not in production til 3062)

There is a thing called the Daboku or something which is essentially a MAL-1R that didn't work worth a shit

/bitter/ PGI won't put this thing in the game until next year (aka Clans hopefully) so its just there to keep IS from being "completely obsoleted" by Omni designs toting Dual UAC20's. /bitter/

Also we should have the Devastator by now. That awesome motherfucker has been kicking around since 3048. We have 2 time specific variants and another 3rd that could be fudged in because it doesn't use any high tech stuff (just increased Gauss ammo by sacking 2 lasers).
    I just enjoy that you're not getting the crazy op assault you want so you can't hide behind people and be shit at the game even more. :3

SHOTS FIRED!

I am getting my crazy overpowered Assault... It's called a Daishi!!!

The Devastator was one of the few Clan Buster mechs due to its ability to fit dual Gauss Rifles. The Mauler will be able to accomplish the same thing except the ballistic hardpoints will be in the Torsos and not the arms (unless its the -3R variant and at that point we have a devastator minus 10 tons).

MAL-1R

Standard 300, 2x AC20 w/ 8 tons of amo, 2 mLas, 14 DHS?

Probably just going to roll XL300, 2x AC10, 2x PPC or something
    Assholetep is such an asshole. Every time I'm unfolding my Tesseract Labyrinth he comes in and is all "Funny how you can get into a toy, but not into a Necrontyr babe's pants" and winks and laughs all the way down the stasis chamber. What an asshole.

Did you really open it yourself? According to the mwo forums, this is what the dude said:

View PostAdridos, on 11 November 2013 - 05:38 AM, said:
    It's a kit-bash (you can notice Atlas' legs, Awesome's arms, Thud's cockpit, etc.), but one bloody well done.

I could probably make it even better, I did this in like 10 minutes because my corp mates kept bugging me to make one, so I only really put effort into the top half and just gave it Atlas legs and called it a day.

I'm gonna make a Mad Cat today too.

-------

Don't raise hopes and dreams if you didn't actually see the files. I've messed with the in game models for those metal models, and unless they've changed something very recently, I also don't recall seeing any Mauler stuff.
    Last edited by Arcuate; November 11 2013 at 10:39:04 PM.
    MWO: THE LAST JEDI

I'm sad

I'm sad
    Actually an '06.

EVE: OrangeAfroMan
    Dust514: Andrelommech
    WoT: NorthernNomad
    MWO: Loren Ward

www.twitch.tv/oameve

Super Moderator Global Moderator QuackBot's Avatar

MAL-1R (in prodution)

Like, was working but i wanted to do that here.

51 pinpoint Mauler build

Mauler 2P
    20% heat gen
    15% duration
    100% Wub

http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=3...a321c6fc83dfa7

If you strip some armor you can put a BAP on. Being able to pick the right component for a pulse volley helps quite a bit. I run LPL cooldown/range + Radar Dep/Target info gathering. medium pulse range module only gets you 20 meters which is meh.

Currently ranked 36 out of the Maulers after only 8 matches.

Being able to dump 50 damage into one component every 3.4 seconds is pretty neato.
    Last edited by Calbanite; August 12 2016 at 08:02:29 AM.

Super Moderator Global Moderator QuackBot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve the Pirate View Post

Inb4 adding ghost heat to firing >2 UAC5's at once because of :PGI:
    Adding things like you have to go home to my father's for a few new rats.