hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 815161718

Thread: Heroes of The Storm

sorry i can't hear you from my free spider
    If only we could find some way to generate electricity from terrible posting. - Steph

Specially Pegged Donor Overspark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Itiken View Post
    sorry i can't hear you from my free spider
    You facebook whore.

I've been playing a fair bit of this recently, hit me up ingame on Dooglet#2780

The patch coming tonight/tomorrow introduces Cho'Gall, which is basically hots' version of ogre magi. But with a pretty big twist - he's controlled by two players, one controls the movement and has a set of meleeish abilities/ultimates, the other controls the mage head with ridic dps spells/ults. Has a fuckton of hp but gives 2x xp when he/they die.

There's a pay-it-forward quest that'll let you get the hero for free by playing a couple of games as the mage (immobile) head with someone who already owns the hero itself, but only over the next month or so. The quest gives a load of gold to the person doing the sharing so hopefully it should spread pretty fast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FD5ug5jD-q4

Quote Originally Posted by Cerzi View Post
    The patch coming tonight/tomorrow introduces Cho'Gall, which is basically hots' version of ogre magi. But with a pretty big twist - he's controlled by two players, one controls the movement and has a set of meleeish abilities/ultimates, the other controls the mage head with ridic dps spells/ults. Has a fuckton of hp but gives 2x xp when he/they die.

There's a pay-it-forward quest that'll let you get the hero for free by playing a couple of games as the mage (immobile) head with someone who already owns the hero itself, but only over the next month or so. The quest gives a load of gold to the person doing the sharing so hopefully it should spread pretty fast.

Looking forward getting it tomorrow.

And because you need to win games without controlling movement there is potential for some trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by alpreb View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerzi View Post

Looking forward getting it tomorrow.

And because you need to win games without controlling movement there is potential for some trolling.
    Drive me closer so I can hit it with my sword magic!
    Don't you just hate backseat drivers...

You can just see the comedy that will ensue from doing it in a random game, either that or you'll lose even more of your will to live.
    If money was a chicken, would the chicken be evil?

Yeah they made a pretty good decision only letting premades select this hero, so when you see someone playing him they at least made the minimum effort of finding a partner before searching for a game. Should cut down on the amount of super bad cho'galls, but im sure there will be plenty that queue into HL without being on comms.

Just played my 2 games to get him, the dude I was with only wanted to play vs beginner AI so didnt get much of a feel, although he did let me be Cho (the melee that controls the hero and aims the shared skillshot), which is clearly going to be the most impactful of the two. Gall is more like sitting in on a turret in <insert FPS with vehicles>, but in a game where movement, positioning and map awareness is 90% of what makes a good player good. So yeah, pretty underwhelming you're a competitive player, but gonna be lots of fun when playing with newb friends etc.

Super easy to unlock him for anyone playing in the next few weeks btw. The quest is set up so you only need to play 2 games to unlock him, but you have to share him with 2 different people to get the gold reward. So in-game channels are filled with people who own him looking to share.

Anyway it's a lot of fun, rolling out rune bombs (which have insane range) to finish people off behind towers is a lot of fun, and their slow but accelerating speed makes them pretty satisfying to aim well. Overall though I'm more excited about the changes to scaling, which make early game fights way more impactful, and early game kills mean more due to longer respawns pre-10. No more wiping the enemy team over the first objective and having them respawn before and fight you with full hp/mana before you can finish taking it.

Got him on EU if anyone want two quick ai matches. alpreb #2524

Got diamond, proceeding to annoy all my hotsm8s

just started playing again , i am fucking terrible.
    really bad.

on the other hand, sonya is fucking amazing.
    Dont dam me when i speak a piece of mind; cause silence isnt golden when i am holding it inside.
    Quote Originally Posted by W0lf Crendraven View Post
    I always read your name as tinder-mom

Quote Originally Posted by Trindermon View Post
    just started playing again , i am fucking terrible.
    really bad.

on the other hand, sonya is fucking amazing.
    hahahaha

no

call me the asstrynamer cos im always tryna get that ass
    somehow not surprised that xenosis plays this piece of garbage

Quote Originally Posted by tHornton View Post
    i love you too

(I don't anymore, I hit high Diamond and quit, I play Battlerite now)

Quote Originally Posted by UsernameisValidandNotinUs View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tHornton View Post
    i love you too

(I don't anymore, I hit high Diamond and quit, I play Battlerite now)
    are you a professional computer gamer