hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Grim Dawn aka Titan Quest 2

Quote Originally Posted by Eard View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoggbert View Post
    If you rescue/dont kill the guy with the wagon in act 2, you can buy dynamite from him at homestead in act 3
    Plus it confirms you're not a heartless fuck (his daughter drops a decent for the level MI ring if you choose to kill him)
    fuck! can i undo that choice?

The quest choices are generally final, it'll probably get replaced fairly quickly anyway. Next difficulty you get to do it all again so just keep progressing if it's a must-have.

Quote Originally Posted by Irrelephant View Post
    Must buy if you like arpgs.
    i do like arpg's.
    and i liked tQuest.
    srs must buy ??
    Please don't teach me what to do with my pc.

Yes

pro:

* lots of freedom when it comes to character build and item customization
    * really good level design and dark atmosphere
    * non-shit crafting in case the rng gods just don't like you
    * combat feedback is excellent, shaking grounds and all that shit, audio cues for everything important
    * already some challenging endgame content beyond the campaign
    * tons of sweet sweet carnage

con:

* getting a bit grindy after level 50, only 2sp per level instead of 3 as before for example. by that time you already finished your first play through though.
    * voice acting is lack luster for the most part, could have done without

Honestly, at 25 bucks you should feel bad if you wait for a sale to pick this up.
    “The first gulp from the glass of natural sciences will turn you into an atheist, but at the bottom of the glass God is waiting for you.”
    ― Werner Heisenberg

It's the arpg that i've liked the best after d2.
    Path of Exile and Diablo 3 just doesnt do it for me in the same way as this game does.
    The combat feels nice, the char builds are nice, the itemization is nice.
    The worst part is the rather limited stash and you keep getting more and more items for experimental build #212312631571
    Very many build options and items to go with it, but not the storage.
    Also i like the fact that i can play this offline should my internets decide to be shit (which happens often enough).

Great game, do warmly recommend it to anyone who's looking for the real successor of diablo 2.

Super Moderator Global Moderator QuackBot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Irrelephant View Post
    pro:

* lots of freedom when it comes to character build and item customization
    * really good level design and dark atmosphere
    * non-shit crafting in case the rng gods just don't like you
    * combat feedback is excellent, shaking grounds and all that shit, audio cues for everything important
    * already some challenging endgame content beyond the campaign
    * tons of sweet sweet carnage

con:

* getting a bit grindy after level 50, only 2sp per level instead of 3 as before for example. by that time you already finished your first play through though.
    * voice acting is lack luster for the most part, could have done without

Honestly, at 25 bucks you should feel bad if you wait for a sale to pick this up.
    Good for you.

If storage is an issue you can quickly make a couple storage chars by running them immediately to kill the re-animator for the sheriff in the first town. you get your first bag and access to the shared stash, usually takes me less than 5 minutes. Remembering where you put all your shit after you have 30+ storage characters is the real challenge.

Yeah, i have multiple mules already and everything is in total and utter disarray. I would like a slightly better inventory system is all.

I just trash everything.
      Spoiler:

(ಠ_ృ) ゛Lady Spank is the best。゛ ~ Xenuria (ಠ_ృ)

I grabbed an offline stash, need to get it set up

If you find a good one, post it up. I have yet to see anything that ever comes close to the inventory mods singleplayer d2 had.

bought. played a bit and now wish I didn't have jobs to do this weekend.
    thanks for the recommendations - reps abound.
    Please don't teach me what to do with my pc.

Since there seems to be some interest now, here are the three most helpful links I use consistently.

http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27287 Pretty good build guide here if anyone needs a starting place since char stat points (not skill points, those can be redone for iron) are irreversible.

http://gracefuldusk.appspot.com/items is the best current item database I know of

http://grimcalc.com/ is the current skill planning/sharing site that I use

If anyone is looking for some magical item to make your build i got a ton of stuff gathered over the years, let me know.
    Last edited by Right Rudder; March 5 2016 at 02:18:05 PM.

Sad I lost my early B stash. Nothing amazing from an item standpoint but lots of now rare components that dropped like candy then.

Lit/cold druid finishing up act 2,no major problems yet. Equipment is showing its age though, hoping for upgrades soon or I'm going to start hitting a wall. Less then 5k he seems too low.

Any recommendations for a decent newbie build for HC vet?

Played a few hours so far and ended up with a commando with a rifle. Fun at first, but the single target pewpew-and-kite is beginning to get a little tired so wondering if I'm doing it wrong.
    Looking for something that'll be good times for going hardcore through the game, rather than needing level/gear XYZ to work.

Pff you late comers don't know what it was like when complete relics were non-stackable. Bags and bags of relics

Having played it throughout the early release stages it's already on the shelf except for random 4 man good-times. It's better than TQ imo, more level of detail. It really shines in coop, though even with 2 people you can facerape anything (minion-master shaman/demonologist + full glass canon arcanist = welp all the things).

Well, that was close.
    Ha a poke around in the Depraved Sanctuary, got locked in a small room with two lvl 23 bosses. I'm only lvl 16
    Luckily (and a bit dodgily) it seems you can still use town portals while in combat.

Going to wait a bit before going there again...

Super Moderator Global Moderator QuackBot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Right Rudder View Post
    I've been playing it through-out it's development for almost 3 years now and there's tons of rooms for expansions etc. I'm pretty excited to see where they take it in the future.
    I've been playing.

Finally got around to getting a character through ultimate, hit 85 a bit before killing Log. Sorcerer using AAR, Flash Freeze and Devastation. Other than the super annoying wisps in act 3 that have a perfect resist profile against aether+fire, nothing too difficult. 6k energy goes away in a flash with maxed out aether ray though. Still a few pieces I'll want to farm, especially outcast MI. Leveling up a pyro to see if I can get it to work with Obsidian Juggernaut. Not sure if chaos/fire/phys 3 way split will work. Also a giant pain in the ass to fight any hero chaos mob