hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2 of 202 FirstFirst 123451252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Getting in shape/not caring fitness thread

Re: Getting in shape/not caring fitness thread

the best avatar
    MAX damage posting

Fancomicidolkostümier- ungsspielgruppenzusammenkunft

this would be the health part in the "Food & Health" subforum right?
      Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    But islamism IS a product of class warfare. Rich white countries come into developing brown dictatorships, wreck the leadership, infrastructure and economy and then act all surprised that religious fanaticism is on the rise.
    Also:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellenta View Post
    walrus isnt a bad poster.
    Quote Originally Posted by cullnean View Post
    also i like walrus.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmaNutin View Post
    Yer a hoot

Op updated despite horrid satelite internet, might wanna keep it at this, too much information can be a bad thing though keep making suggestions in case something essential pops up.

Btw mods, as I mentioned in the subforum thread, can you move this to a health forum if one is created
    Putin 2012

some of the urls got broken. dunno what that feature is called. truncation?

yea I noticed, I'm at work and the net is painful so its taken me a bit to fix it

Should be all good now

edit - cheers for the move mods
    Putin 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Blutreiter
    I used to do 100 consecutive push ups. Now I'm smoking and getting drunk every other day, so yeah, I guess that I don't care anymore.

Oh, nice new section

Shit, I'm getting stronger and bigger, it's obvious. And that while losing fat, IF for the fucking win. Also I think new training schedule is the biggest factor in this. Just did my first training, I'll have a 2nd one or two hours later, just arms. Seems putting some focus on your arms does pay-off as well

Also I gave up on Lat Pull Downs, what a shite thing is that. I thought it would be a good thing to replace pull ups. But it's not so much, or at least not as replacement, more as add-on. I never managed to get over a certain weight lvl with the LatPD and when I managed to get near my BW, my back felt fucked up a little bit.

So I thought about it, and it makes sense. If you start using weights where you need to fix your legs under a bar to prevent pulling your self up, you put a massive force on your spine. Although there are people able to do more than their bodyweight on that thing, I think doing say 1,5x BW is never going to happen anyway? So back to pull ups. Think I'll add classic Bent-over-Rows back as well, good mass builder that is.
    Look, I'm that pro to spell my name incorrectly \o/
    Queers be bitchin'

What's your height/weight Formos?
    MWO: THE LAST JEDI

1.83m and around 88KG now. BF would be 11% I guess.

As I told earlier, I do a 2nd training on monday purely for arms right. So I was busy with the skull crushers, and the 3rd set I only managed 7 reps instead of 8 like last week. So a bit emo about that... Untill I started with my dropset and had to take some weight off, I finally noticed I had 5KG more on the bar than last week So that suprised me a bit.

Now in official FUUU mode as my arms and shoulders are sore as never before.
    Queers be bitchin'

Movember '11 Ginger Excellence Movember 2011Movember 2012 sarabando's Avatar

failed miserably at 100 push ups routine my body was not ready

went to the driving range with Himbern the other day blasted 60 balls (giggity) and was shattered by the end of it just want to know if i do it say 3 times a week could that be an ok way to ease myself into being more active or is bad gold swings gonna fuck me up in some way?

down to 11% bf from 16% in a little over 4 months (been lazy as fuck)

single digs by june whatup~~

Quote Originally Posted by sarabando
    failed miserably at 100 push ups routine my body was not ready

went to the driving range with Himbern the other day blasted 60 balls (giggity) and was shattered by the end of it just want to know if i do it say 3 times a week could that be an ok way to ease myself into being more active or is bad gold swings gonna fuck me up in some way?
    Im sure any golfer will be able to tell you the risks of swinging like a madman, wouldn't be suprised if there are some risks of pulling a muscle or joint issues but I won't pretend to know about them. Any exercise will prep you, golf drives might loosen up the cobwebs but when it comes down to it, you will still be sore as fawk when you start hittin them weights.

That's pretty good viper, did you go heavy deficit with the cardio n weights at maintenance or just cardio? Did you lose much muscle? I tend to lose a bit on the cut but pack it on ratherquick after I stop cutting
    Putin 2012

sarabando you should find something you like doing as a form of exercise. like some sort of boxing/martial art with a focus on conditioning or skate/bike. i don't think hitting a shitload of golf balls would really be worth the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Viper Shizzle
    down to 11% bf from 16% in a little over 4 months (been lazy as fuck)

single digs by june whatup~~
    Shit... Only viper can lose fat while shitpoasting :P

Nice going though
    Queers be bitchin'

Took this a few weeks ago, though my form at this weight is a bit shit
    http://www.facebook.com/v/10150093210111634
    The man your woman wants her man to look like. This post is now Diamonds

Quote Originally Posted by Laythun
    Took this a few weeks ago, though my form at this weight is a bit shit
    http://www.facebook.com/v/10150093210111634
    Video failed.

Macros are just dead this week, family meal last night for birthday, beer + meal with mates tonight and tomorrow work has organised a meal for everyone on our project after finishing UAT.

I'm on week 3 of the all pro beginner routine, swear my chest and arms have got bigger, but I didn't measure them at the start so cannot compare. It's up to 10 reps per set, really struggled on the bench, hit everything else, the routine only mentioned what to do if you fail at the end of 5th week, not during the 3rd.

Despite this being a beginners routine, it's not the first I have tried, I've tried others (and had good gains) that focus on weight increase as opposed to rep increase to encourage progress, additionally I have never downloaded before.

This is by far the most exhausting in terms of how you feel afterwads. Benching/squatting/deadlifts all on the same day just leave you annihilated, but next day isfeelsgoodman.jpg.

Mates have all commented I'm looking huge, and I've dropped about 6lbs since starting it. I'm going to take some measurements, and see where I am in a few weeks, but I suspect a lot of the growth has already occurred. Still have the gut though, suspect that will be with me for some time to come.

Good times .
    You're like a fluffy gerbil sat on a naked woman's crotch, you might think you're looking cool, but everybody else thinks you're a cunt.
    aka Maasu.

Never seen that workout before. You do the same weight every week? and reps at the same weight?
    I do a normal workout i guess, max muscles with heavy weight and stepping up each set to the next heaviest..

anyway link fail
    http://www.laythun.co.uk/180kg.html
    The man your woman wants her man to look like. This post is now Diamonds

Never seen that workout before. You do the same weight every week? and reps at the same weight?
    I do a normal workout i guess, max muscles with heavy weight and stepping up each set to the next heaviest..

anyway link fail

Form was a little sloppy, looked like you were moving the weight out over your knees (which means it was hitting the top and rolling over). Also, straps.

Either way, impressive lift. Good luck with your lifting goals in 2011.

starting to wonder if calorie cycling is even worth it on a slow bulk. maybe i should just keep constant cals heh.

anyway link fail
    Same weight*, and increase reps by 1 each week. I tried starting strength when I first started, which sounds similar to what you do, and it did work for me but then I plateaued so looked around and found this.

Regarding the video, I'd just echo what Viper said, straps and bad form, but impressive weight, magic 6 plate mark!

* Same weight each week, but you download, basically first session full weight, second session is 10% of your full weight and third session is 20% - because you are doing so many compound exercises it is counter productive to do full weight every three sessions.
    You're like a fluffy gerbil sat on a naked woman's crotch, you might think you're looking cool, but everybody else thinks you're a cunt.
    aka Maasu.