hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 196 of 202 FirstFirst ... 96146186193194195196197198199 ... LastLast
Results 3,901 to 3,920 of 4037

Thread: Getting in shape/not caring fitness thread

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    So, I weighed myself about a week ago and I'm at 190 pounds, which means I've met my goal for weight loss (lose 15 pounds). Unfortunately, a lot of it is muscle. This occurred because my leg has been in casts, splints, and a boot for 6 weeks, with about 2 more weeks to go. I am not able to do the exercises I want due to the restrictions, so I'm not getting tired. Add in a irritated nerve at the ankle that causes numbness and tingling, and I can't rest properly.

I want this ordeal to be over, and soon.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...

So I need to brag a bit. I moved in the end of January / beginning of Feb. Around the same time I decided I need to drop a serious amount of weight if I want to have any point in joining the alpinist school/get better at climbing. Here are the intermediate results ( i'm about 50%/30% done ):

Graph shows KG lost vs days. Red line is scale readings while blue line is the 4 day average.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeekar View Post
    So I need to brag a bit. I moved in the end of January / beginning of Feb. Around the same time I decided I need to drop a serious amount of weight if I want to have any point in joining the alpinist school/get better at climbing. Here are the intermediate results ( i'm about 50%/30% done ):

Graph shows KG lost vs days. Red line is scale readings while blue line is the 4 day average.
    My caffeine starved brain read the axis backwards for a moment, and i thought you'd somehow lost 45kg in 9 days

Great work mate.

That would be impressive. But no it's reverse

Thx

That would be impressive. But no it's reverse

Thx
    gaining 45kg is 9 days is still impressive

tfw you havent run in a week and push it too hard without warming up properly and get asthma for an hour

Been following a pushups app in the morning, up to 150 now (over 5-8 sets depending on the day)... Cruising towards the magic 100 in 1 set mark

170 this morning, 50 in the last set... Wondering if I should switch to another app/program as this one seems fucking mental in it's progressions...

Quote Originally Posted by NoirAvlaa View Post
    170 this morning, 50 in the last set... Wondering if I should switch to another app/program as this one seems fucking mental in it's progressions...
    Maybe it's set to Bro Mode.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot
    Pastry.. That the best you can do?
    Quote Originally Posted by NotXenosis View Post

M8, i have discussions that spam multiple accounts, you aren't even on my level

Quote Originally Posted by FatFreddy View Post
    Maybe it's set to Bro Mode.
    I mean I finished it, but the last 10(20) weren't exactly what you'd call good form, though the first 150 were alright.

In any case, you might just have inspired me to take up working out again starting by doing something similar to you

I was in tiptop shape two years ago, now not such much after the winter especially. BUT, as soon as my cold/allergy clears up I can take up cycling again (which will also hopefully put me off cigs again) and dust off the old dumbbell and iso mat.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot
    Pastry.. That the best you can do?
    Quote Originally Posted by NotXenosis View Post

M8, i have discussions that spam multiple accounts, you aren't even on my level

In any case, you might just have inspired me to take up working out again starting by doing something similar to you

I was in tiptop shape two years ago, now not such much after the winter especially. BUT, as soon as my cold/allergy clears up I can take up cycling again (which will also hopefully put me off cigs again) and dust off the old dumbbell and iso mat.
    DO EET.

I'm basically doing morning pushups every other day and 30 minutes yoga in the other mornings... As well as my evening capoeira 3-5 times/week (depending on work and that)... Feels good except for the weird progressions on these pushups

DO EET.

I'm basically doing morning pushups every other day and 30 minutes yoga in the other mornings... As well as my evening capoeira 3-5 times/week (depending on work and that)... Feels good except for the weird progressions on these pushups
    How does the progression work? I'd have thought something like pushups is fairly linear. Or are there different variations you do?
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post

DO EET.

How does the progression work? I'd have thought something like pushups is fairly linear. Or are there different variations you do?
    For the first 4-5 weeks it's just 5 sets with increasing amounts every 2 days, then all of a sudden there's an increase to about 8 sets, less per set, more overall, with the last set being large... Every now and then back to 5 sets with no less reps. 2 minutes break between sets

So for example, this morning was something like 14, 14, 16, 16, 12, 12, 18, 18, 50.

Seems a bit fucking mad as sets go, so thinking maybe it's not as well though out as it seems in the first 4-5 weeks (I'm assuming most people drop off before they get to this point because of :effort

DO EET.

For the first 4-5 weeks it's just 5 sets with increasing amounts every 2 days, then all of a sudden there's an increase to about 8 sets, less per set, more overall, with the last set being large... Every now and then back to 5 sets with no less reps. 2 minutes break between sets

So for example, this morning was something like 14, 14, 16, 16, 12, 12, 18, 18, 50.

Seems a bit fucking mad as sets go, so thinking maybe it's not as well though out as it seems in the first 4-5 weeks (I'm assuming most people drop off before they get to this point because of :effort
    Seems fairly well thought out from that description. Linear progression for the first few weeks and then daily undulating progression afterwards. It's easier to build up work volume through extra sets than through extra reps (especially when you can't adjust the load to manipulate volume).
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Gonna stick with it anyways, only 2 weeks left, then I'm swapping out for pull ups

Movember '11 Ginger Excellence Movember 2011Movember 2012 sarabando's Avatar
    had my first Taekwondo lesson and it was an amazing work out a solid hour of activity and i wasnt bored at all. Boredom is my biggest problem at the gym.

Quote Originally Posted by sarabando View Post
    Boredom is my biggest problem at the gym.
    You aren't lifting heavy enough then

Nah. Lifting isn't really all that interesting.

Nah. Lifting isn't really all that interesting.
    You aren't lifting flamboyantly enough then