hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 195 of 202 FirstFirst ... 95145185192193194195196197198 ... LastLast
Results 3,881 to 3,900 of 4028

Thread: Getting in shape/not caring fitness thread

Super Baderator DonorGlobal Moderator cullnean's Avatar
    The tower of power, too sweet to be sour, ohhhh yeahh!
    Holy fucking shit
    Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    Cullneshi the god of shitposting.

as new year's resolution i decided to "get moving again" ...

for the last two weeks i ate healthier (skipping most of the carbs, cooking at home rather than buying ready-made stuff), started doing a five minute plank workout twice a day and actually kept track of my non-regular physical activity (jogging, soccer).
    didn't lose much weight yet, nonetheless my physical feeling improved.

as i felt a bit sore/weak after yesterday's soccer session, i decided to do a binge day today (ahem ... i might have overdone it "a bit" )

tomorrow i'll be back on schedule. next week the first dancing class starts.

plans for the next weeks:
    keeping up the core work out
    dancing classes once/twice a week
    soccer once a week (switching to running once the lease of the hall runs out)
    proceeding with the low carb diet, keeping cheat days to once every two weeks or so (hopefully less often)
    Last edited by untilted; January 20 2017 at 07:47:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by untilted View Post

for the last two weeks i ate healthier (skipping most of the carbs, cooking at home rather than buying ready-made stuff), started doing a five minute plank workout twice a day and actually kept track of my non-regular physical activity (jogging, soccer).

as i felt a bit sore/weak after yesterday's soccer session, i decided to do a binge day today (ahem ... i might have overdone it "a bit" )

proceeding with the low carb diet, keeping cheat days to once every two weeks or so (hopefully less often)
    How often are you weighing yourself? Best way to track is to make a habit of weighing at the same time each morning, before breakfast and after your morning pee/shit. Track a moving average over the week and you'll remove most of the noise caused by variable water retention.

Don't let yourself get disheartened by a few days where you've gained weight, it's probably water weight due to restricted carbs. If you know you're at a calorie deficit and weight loss plateaus for a week or more try a carby day of eating and the refeed should reduce water retention.

Good luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post

How often are you weighing yourself? Best way to track is to make a habit of weighing at the same time each morning, before breakfast and after your morning pee/shit. Track a moving average over the week and you'll remove most of the noise caused by variable water retention.

Don't let yourself get disheartened by a few days where you've gained weight, it's probably water weight due to restricted carbs. If you know you're at a calorie deficit and weight loss plateaus for a week or more try a carby day of eating and the refeed should reduce water retention.

Good luck!
    completely anecdotal, individual experience: I struggled with my weight for more than a decade until it somehow clicked at some point and I changed my lifestyle. The one thing that took the stress out of weight loss for me was NOT weighing myself. The scale was always a dreaded object; every little bit of weight loss served as fake justification; every bit of non-loss/slight gain served as catalyst for depression. Once I stopped tracking my weight I could go at it much more relaxed.

Don't have to give this any merit mind, just my 2c.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot
    Pastry.. That the best you can do?
    Quote Originally Posted by NotXenosis View Post

M8, i have discussions that spam multiple accounts, you aren't even on my level

Quote Originally Posted by FatFreddy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post

Good luck!
    completely anecdotal, individual experience: I struggled with my weight for more than a decade until it somehow clicked at some point and I changed my lifestyle. The one thing that took the stress out of weight loss for me was NOT weighing myself. The scale was always a dreaded object; every little bit of weight loss served as fake justification; every bit of non-loss/slight gain served as catalyst for depression. Once I stopped tracking my weight I could go at it much more relaxed.

Don't have to give this any merit mind, just my 2c.
    yeah, this is my approach now as well.
    losing weight is a nice benefit, my main parameter is "how well do i feel?" ... as my lifestyle was always quite sedentary, just doing regular exercises helps tremendously for feeling better.

yeh I managed to dust off the ol' bicycle and have spent the past days getting my ass out and about, doing 'city tours' on w/ feet, bike and public transport and I feel great. Also n1 quality time for yourself to let your mind wander and process :stuff:

I guess I'm more goal orientated. Not tracking weight while trying to lose weight for me feels like having a savings goal but not paying attention to my financial expenditure.
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

short update after several weeks:

my plank workout became less regular - once a day, sometimes only every second day; instead i'm now in three dance classes
    also taking the bike to work (since last week, 20min one way) and the stairs to the office (since january, 6th floor)
    settled for a low carb diet during the week, weekend being rather cheaty day(s)
    started this week with intermittent fasting (16/8)

lost "only" 3kg over the last seven weeks or so - in general it feels more like change in composition rather than plain weight loss. thanks to the dancing classes i experienced not only vast improvements in mood, but also in flexibility of my back.

Super Baderator DonorGlobal Moderator cullnean's Avatar
    The tower of power, too sweet to be sour, ohhhh yeahh!
    I have that, I go from fat Fuck to hench with only a smallish deviation in weight

Sent from my CUBOT CHEETAH 2 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    Cullneshi the god of shitposting.

Quote Originally Posted by cullnean View Post
    I have that, I go from fat Fuck to hench with only a smallish deviation in weight

Sent from my CUBOT CHEETAH 2 using Tapatalk
    Some people just hold a lot of water weight in places that puffs them up, and then look really lean once they can shed that.

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    So, I weighed myself about a week ago and I'm at 190 pounds, which means I've met my goal for weight loss (lose 15 pounds). Unfortunately, a lot of it is muscle. This occurred because my leg has been in casts, splints, and a boot for 6 weeks, with about 2 more weeks to go. I am not able to do the exercises I want due to the restrictions, so I'm not getting tired. Add in a irritated nerve at the ankle that causes numbness and tingling, and I can't rest properly.

I want this ordeal to be over, and soon.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...

So I need to brag a bit. I moved in the end of January / beginning of Feb. Around the same time I decided I need to drop a serious amount of weight if I want to have any point in joining the alpinist school/get better at climbing. Here are the intermediate results ( i'm about 50%/30% done ):

Graph shows KG lost vs days. Red line is scale readings while blue line is the 4 day average.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeekar View Post
    So I need to brag a bit. I moved in the end of January / beginning of Feb. Around the same time I decided I need to drop a serious amount of weight if I want to have any point in joining the alpinist school/get better at climbing. Here are the intermediate results ( i'm about 50%/30% done ):

Graph shows KG lost vs days. Red line is scale readings while blue line is the 4 day average.
    My caffeine starved brain read the axis backwards for a moment, and i thought you'd somehow lost 45kg in 9 days

Great work mate.

That would be impressive. But no it's reverse

Thx

Quote Originally Posted by Zeekar View Post
    That would be impressive. But no it's reverse

Thx
    gaining 45kg is 9 days is still impressive

tfw you havent run in a week and push it too hard without warming up properly and get asthma for an hour

Been following a pushups app in the morning, up to 150 now (over 5-8 sets depending on the day)... Cruising towards the magic 100 in 1 set mark

170 this morning, 50 in the last set... Wondering if I should switch to another app/program as this one seems fucking mental in it's progressions...

Quote Originally Posted by NoirAvlaa View Post
    170 this morning, 50 in the last set... Wondering if I should switch to another app/program as this one seems fucking mental in it's progressions...
    Maybe it's set to Bro Mode.

Quote Originally Posted by FatFreddy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NoirAvlaa View Post
    Maybe it's set to Bro Mode.
    I mean I finished it, but the last 10(20) weren't exactly what you'd call good form, though the first 150 were alright.