hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 208 of 208 FirstFirst ... 108158198205206207208
Results 4,141 to 4,143 of 4143

Thread: Getting in shape/not caring fitness thread

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Have you ever tracked skin fold measurements as a proxy for bf%? If you have history of being pre-diabetic it might be worth paying attention to considering the role of fatty tissues in the development of the disease.
    Not so far but yes, I am very much aware that more fatty tissue = higher insulin resistance. Only the blood sugar was at pre-diabetic levels, but HbA1C is still within normal ranges and I haven't experienced any hypos yet so I know it's not actual T2DM yet.

I'm using my scale to measure body fat otherwise, I've had great results with keto and omad and reached an all time low of 22% or thereabouts. My ultimate goal is 15%, but that is a long way, hopefully achievable end of this year.
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

I wouldn't pay much attention to the scales bf measurement, electrical impedance is a really poor method. I'm able to vary the measurement on mine by 10% in a day based on how hydrated I am. I got some 99p skin fold calipers on Amazon and they are so much more useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    I wouldn't pay much attention to the scales bf measurement, electrical impedance is a really poor method. I'm able to vary the measurement on mine by 10% in a day based on how hydrated I am. I got some 99p skin fold calipers on Amazon and they are so much more useful.
    Going to accessorize with that then :3

Using the scale I tried to maintain the same way of measuring - in the morning, after shower and thorough drying - felt quite consistent.
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.