hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 196 of 202 FirstFirst ... 96146186193194195196197198199 ... LastLast
Results 3,901 to 3,920 of 4027

Thread: Getting in shape/not caring fitness thread

  1. #3901
    FatFreddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    14,076
    In any case, you might just have inspired me to take up working out again starting by doing something similar to you

    I was in tiptop shape two years ago, now not such much after the winter especially. BUT, as soon as my cold/allergy clears up I can take up cycling again (which will also hopefully put me off cigs again) and dust off the old dumbbell and iso mat.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot
    Pastry.. That the best you can do?
    Quote Originally Posted by NotXenosis View Post

    M8, i have discussions that spam multiple accounts, you aren't even on my level

  2. #3902
    NoirAvlaa's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Location
    Liverpool, laaaa
    Posts
    4,309
    Quote Originally Posted by FatFreddy View Post
    In any case, you might just have inspired me to take up working out again starting by doing something similar to you

    I was in tiptop shape two years ago, now not such much after the winter especially. BUT, as soon as my cold/allergy clears up I can take up cycling again (which will also hopefully put me off cigs again) and dust off the old dumbbell and iso mat.
    DO EET.

    I'm basically doing morning pushups every other day and 30 minutes yoga in the other mornings... As well as my evening capoeira 3-5 times/week (depending on work and that)... Feels good except for the weird progressions on these pushups

  3. #3903
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    14,217
    Quote Originally Posted by NoirAvlaa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FatFreddy View Post
    In any case, you might just have inspired me to take up working out again starting by doing something similar to you

    I was in tiptop shape two years ago, now not such much after the winter especially. BUT, as soon as my cold/allergy clears up I can take up cycling again (which will also hopefully put me off cigs again) and dust off the old dumbbell and iso mat.
    DO EET.

    I'm basically doing morning pushups every other day and 30 minutes yoga in the other mornings... As well as my evening capoeira 3-5 times/week (depending on work and that)... Feels good except for the weird progressions on these pushups
    How does the progression work? I'd have thought something like pushups is fairly linear. Or are there different variations you do?
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

  4. #3904
    NoirAvlaa's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Location
    Liverpool, laaaa
    Posts
    4,309
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NoirAvlaa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FatFreddy View Post
    In any case, you might just have inspired me to take up working out again starting by doing something similar to you

    I was in tiptop shape two years ago, now not such much after the winter especially. BUT, as soon as my cold/allergy clears up I can take up cycling again (which will also hopefully put me off cigs again) and dust off the old dumbbell and iso mat.
    DO EET.

    I'm basically doing morning pushups every other day and 30 minutes yoga in the other mornings... As well as my evening capoeira 3-5 times/week (depending on work and that)... Feels good except for the weird progressions on these pushups
    How does the progression work? I'd have thought something like pushups is fairly linear. Or are there different variations you do?
    For the first 4-5 weeks it's just 5 sets with increasing amounts every 2 days, then all of a sudden there's an increase to about 8 sets, less per set, more overall, with the last set being large... Every now and then back to 5 sets with no less reps. 2 minutes break between sets

    So for example, this morning was something like 14, 14, 16, 16, 12, 12, 18, 18, 50.

    Seems a bit fucking mad as sets go, so thinking maybe it's not as well though out as it seems in the first 4-5 weeks (I'm assuming most people drop off before they get to this point because of :effort

  5. #3905
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    14,217
    Quote Originally Posted by NoirAvlaa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NoirAvlaa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FatFreddy View Post
    In any case, you might just have inspired me to take up working out again starting by doing something similar to you

    I was in tiptop shape two years ago, now not such much after the winter especially. BUT, as soon as my cold/allergy clears up I can take up cycling again (which will also hopefully put me off cigs again) and dust off the old dumbbell and iso mat.
    DO EET.

    I'm basically doing morning pushups every other day and 30 minutes yoga in the other mornings... As well as my evening capoeira 3-5 times/week (depending on work and that)... Feels good except for the weird progressions on these pushups
    How does the progression work? I'd have thought something like pushups is fairly linear. Or are there different variations you do?
    For the first 4-5 weeks it's just 5 sets with increasing amounts every 2 days, then all of a sudden there's an increase to about 8 sets, less per set, more overall, with the last set being large... Every now and then back to 5 sets with no less reps. 2 minutes break between sets

    So for example, this morning was something like 14, 14, 16, 16, 12, 12, 18, 18, 50.

    Seems a bit fucking mad as sets go, so thinking maybe it's not as well though out as it seems in the first 4-5 weeks (I'm assuming most people drop off before they get to this point because of :effort
    Seems fairly well thought out from that description. Linear progression for the first few weeks and then daily undulating progression afterwards. It's easier to build up work volume through extra sets than through extra reps (especially when you can't adjust the load to manipulate volume).
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

  6. #3906
    NoirAvlaa's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Location
    Liverpool, laaaa
    Posts
    4,309
    Gonna stick with it anyways, only 2 weeks left, then I'm swapping out for pull ups

  7. #3907
    Movember '11 Ginger Excellence Movember 2011Movember 2012 sarabando's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Basingstoke England
    Posts
    2,473
    had my first Taekwondo lesson and it was an amazing work out a solid hour of activity and i wasnt bored at all. Boredom is my biggest problem at the gym.

  8. #3908
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    14,217
    Quote Originally Posted by sarabando View Post
    Boredom is my biggest problem at the gym.
    You aren't lifting heavy enough then
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

  9. #3909
    מלך יהודים Zeekar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    14,651
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sarabando View Post
    Boredom is my biggest problem at the gym.
    You aren't lifting heavy enough then
    Nah. Lifting isn't really all that interesting.


    

  10. #3910
    NoirAvlaa's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Location
    Liverpool, laaaa
    Posts
    4,309
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeekar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sarabando View Post
    Boredom is my biggest problem at the gym.
    You aren't lifting heavy enough then
    Nah. Lifting isn't really all that interesting.
    You aren't lifting flamboyantly enough then

  11. #3911
    מלך יהודים Zeekar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    14,651
    It's not the worst exercise mind you and when you get into it time flies but I tend to prefer other sports lately. Similar thing with running. It's a single minded activity that really brings results but it's kinda boring. So I tend to climb and play basketball.


    

  12. #3912
    Movember '11 Ginger Excellence Movember 2011Movember 2012 sarabando's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Basingstoke England
    Posts
    2,473
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeekar View Post
    It's not the worst exercise mind you and when you get into it time flies but I tend to prefer other sports lately. Similar thing with running. It's a single minded activity that really brings results but it's kinda boring. So I tend to climb and play basketball.
    id love to play basket ball but there is on court that im aware of in basingstoke and its way out there in the crappy part of town

  13. #3913
    מלך יהודים Zeekar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    14,651
    Find a group that plays regularly. We tend to play inside in a gym from October to mid April and outside otherwise. I'm sure you will find a basketball court/group near by.


    

  14. #3914
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    14,217
    Aye, chances are there'll be a group that plays in a local school sports hall or something. I used to go to my old secondary school sports centre for pick up games with my cousin and his mates when I last lived with my parents.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

  15. #3915
    Movember 2012 I Legionnaire's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    1,610
    I picked up surfing recently, I go twice a week and the rest of the time I swing a kettlebell around.

  16. #3916
    מלך יהודים Zeekar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    14,651


    Harr. Proud of that one even if gps cheated me of 200m to 10k.


    

  17. #3917
    NoirAvlaa's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Location
    Liverpool, laaaa
    Posts
    4,309
    Done my shoulder in. Fuck.

    Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

  18. #3918
    מלך יהודים Zeekar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    14,651
    What you do m8?


    

  19. #3919
    NoirAvlaa's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Location
    Liverpool, laaaa
    Posts
    4,309
    Fucking no idea, Capoeira has a lot of shoulder work though and twisting movements, one of them pulled a load of the muscles inside the other day, went training today and it just went... Didn't think it was that bad

    Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

  20. #3920
    NoirAvlaa's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Location
    Liverpool, laaaa
    Posts
    4,309
    Addendum: luckily my flat mate is a physio so gonna get him to look at it

    Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •