hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 199 of 199 FirstFirst ... 99149189196197198199
Results 3,961 to 3,975 of 3975

Thread: Getting in shape/not caring fitness thread

  1. #3961
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    11,962
    Quote Originally Posted by cullnean View Post
    I find it depends on what it is you do ie work etc, try being out on ops without carbs

    Sent from my CUBOT CHEETAH 2 using Tapatalk
    Yeah, a lot of athletes who are 'ketogenic' often refeed carbs before competing. The body is simply very good at utilising carbs as energy.

    I'm fine with people going lowcarb but it's bloody annoying when they start shouting about it as if it's the only way to lose weight. It's a disruptive lifestyle change that isn't necessary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

  2. #3962
    Donor cullnean's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The tower of power, too sweet to be sour, ohhhh yeahh!
    Posts
    15,151
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cullnean View Post
    I find it depends on what it is you do ie work etc, try being out on ops without carbs

    Sent from my CUBOT CHEETAH 2 using Tapatalk
    Yeah, a lot of athletes who are 'ketogenic' often refeed carbs before competing. The body is simply very good at utilising carbs as energy.

    I'm fine with people going lowcarb but it's bloody annoying when they start shouting about it as if it's the only way to lose weight. It's a disruptive lifestyle change that isn't necessary.
    bear in mind im a walking anecdote who barley relies on facts and or science
    Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    Cullneshi the god of shitposting.

  3. #3963
    Cosmin's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14, 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    4,834
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cullnean View Post
    I find it depends on what it is you do ie work etc, try being out on ops without carbs

    Sent from my CUBOT CHEETAH 2 using Tapatalk
    Yeah, a lot of athletes who are 'ketogenic' often refeed carbs before competing. The body is simply very good at utilising carbs as energy.

    I'm fine with people going lowcarb but it's bloody annoying when they start shouting about it as if it's the only way to lose weight. It's a disruptive lifestyle change that isn't necessary.
    Show me on the doll where I wrote that it's the only way to do it. I simply think it's the best way for me, considering I also have a family history of type 2 diabetes, thus I have a risk of developing it in the future. Eliminating carbs from my diet only helps in preventing that. If it makes losing weight quicker and easier, all for the better.

    The amount of physical effort I'm putting in my job makes it reasonably tough to give up carbs, but it is sensible for me to avoid them completely for reasons stated already.




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.
    Six shooters ruined PvP.
    What are you doing with your life?İDoomchinchilla 2015

  4. #3964
    Larkonis Trassler's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    FEARLESS.
    Posts
    10,414
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post

    Technically not. The body can go without by altering some metabolic chemistry. It was originally prescribed to treat children with certain types of epilepsy, since it was found seizures became less frequent in some children with low carb diets.

    A couple of decades on it's become a cult.
    So you're saying that if I just eat loads of bacon I won't get withdrawl seizures?


  5. #3965
    Movember 2012 Stoffl's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The original viennese waffle
    Posts
    19,714
    Only one way to find out!

    Posted von mein Tapashitcunt

  6. #3966
    Cosmin's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14, 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    4,834
    Proud to report already lost 3kg since the 12th 100.8kg now from 103.8kg. This whilst maintaining adequate hydration and smaller sized meals and reducing carbs only - still had some toast and some molasses sugar in the coffee and the occasional pastry.

    No gym yet except at home lifts and full body for about 1h/day.

    Needless to say I'm happy, but I'm also aware there'll be a plateau probably at 90kg. Luckily I'm aiming at waist measurements improvements as opposed to pure weight improvements.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.
    Six shooters ruined PvP.
    What are you doing with your life?İDoomchinchilla 2015

  7. #3967
    Cosmin's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14, 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    4,834
    Today first day of zero carbs and I already feel like strangling baby kittens


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.
    Six shooters ruined PvP.
    What are you doing with your life?İDoomchinchilla 2015

  8. #3968
    Ben Derindar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    1,490
    Keep at it, it's when that feeling goes away that you know you're in ketosis. Takes a few weeks for most. I was lucky, the only side effect I had during that period was bad breath.

  9. #3969
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    11,962
    Or he could just eat a reasonable deficit for 2 months to lose 10 kg without cutting out basic dietary staples and spending 4 weeks suffering while his metabolic chemistry adapts to a meme diet in order to shed 5kg of water weight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

  10. #3970
    Cosmin's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14, 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    4,834
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Or he could just eat a reasonable deficit for 2 months to lose 10 kg without cutting out basic dietary staples and spending 4 weeks suffering while his metabolic chemistry adapts to a meme diet in order to shed 5kg of water weight.
    Or you can already fuck off with your idea of carbs being essential in nutrition thank you.

    That's the lack of carbs talking, I'm loving it


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.
    Six shooters ruined PvP.
    What are you doing with your life?İDoomchinchilla 2015

  11. #3971
    Varcaus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 15, 2011
    Posts
    19,755
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Or he could just eat a reasonable deficit for 2 months to lose 10 kg without cutting out basic dietary staples and spending 4 weeks suffering while his metabolic chemistry adapts to a meme diet in order to shed 5kg of water weight.
    Or you can already fuck off with your idea of carbs being essential in nutrition thank you.

    That's the lack of carbs talking, I'm loving it


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Aren't you a doctor shouldn't you know better?

  12. #3972
    Cosmin's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14, 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    4,834
    Do you even know what "essential" means?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.
    Six shooters ruined PvP.
    What are you doing with your life?İDoomchinchilla 2015

  13. #3973
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    11,962
    Is removing carbs from your diet """""essential""""" to losing weight?
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

  14. #3974
    Cosmin's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14, 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    4,834
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Is removing carbs from your diet """""essential""""" to losing weight?
    No, but I prefer it because it keeps at bay insulin resistance and makes losing weight quicker and a lot more durable.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.
    Six shooters ruined PvP.
    What are you doing with your life?İDoomchinchilla 2015

  15. #3975

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    527
    What might work for some, may not work for others.

    Give it a go for a month and see how you feel. It does work but it is not for everyone, some may not be able to deal with the side effects, others barely have any.
    Putin 2012

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •