hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 205 of 205 FirstFirst ... 105155195202203204205
Results 4,081 to 4,089 of 4089

Thread: Getting in shape/not caring fitness thread

Good effort, what did you find were the 'easiest' calories to start avoiding?

I've dropped about 5kg over the past 6 weeks as I've leaned out since the hockey season started, part of that was from a sickness bug I had for 48 hours but mostly it came from focusing on sprint training after spending a summer doing a steady bulk.

Now I'm looking to stabilise my weight, maybe gain a little and run a few cycles of 5/3/1 variants with a focus on conditioning and recovery while keeping my current acceleration. I'm not too fussed about strength since as soon as that becomes a priority I end up beating up my knees and getting niggles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

tbh it's mostly about hitting the calorie limit and stopping with the fucking snacks.

Like, 2 eggs + toast is a decent, filling breakfast, maybe 400cal.

Lunch was a bit smaller than usual at 330cal (frozen meal from the work fridge because I wanted access to my lite-salt shaker) but I chugged a protein shake at 11am (126cal) so it was fine.

Dinner was 1/2lb mince + 1/2lb chopped veggies (raw weight) so that's about 450cal.

And I snacked on close to 2 dozen almonds, so that's about 200cal

So I'm on 1550 cal and I don't think I'll feel the need to eat anything more, whereas before I'd snack on whatever else I found around the house, like slices of cheese or cashews or whatever, because I clearly had no sense of what is enough without an app to say "hol up"

Oh, and not drinking my calories has made a difference. I drink 50/50 unsweetened coconut/almond milk in the protein shake because the powder already has a flavour, and I guess a fuckload of tea, diet cordial, coke zero etc. I still get the sweetness hit but I find I don't need the sugar that goes along with it.

As far as artificial sweeteners go, I do the ethyritol/stevia thing instead of maltitol, sorbitol or whatever bullshit is in most of the 'no sugar' products that are out there. Maltitol is just sugar with extra metabolic steps anyway.

I'll eventually loosen the reins a bit, but I'm kinda liking poking the bottom of my abdomen (about hip level) and feeling muscle instead of fat. Still a big squishy area in front and love handles etc, but baby steps, baby steps.
    Contract stuff to Seraphina Amaranth.

"You give me the awful impression - I hate to have to say - of someone who hasn't read any of the arguments against your position. Ever."

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Good effort, what did you find were the 'easiest' calories to start avoiding?

I've dropped about 5kg over the past 6 weeks as I've leaned out since the hockey season started, part of that was from a sickness bug I had for 48 hours but mostly it came from focusing on sprint training after spending a summer doing a steady bulk.

Now I'm looking to stabilise my weight, maybe gain a little and run a few cycles of 5/3/1 variants with a focus on conditioning and recovery while keeping my current acceleration. I'm not too fussed about strength since as soon as that becomes a priority I end up beating up my knees and getting niggles.
    Jesus Christ I hope you're ok. The last sickness bug I got kept me indoors for about 2 weeks total, it was a complete and utter nightmare. Lost around 10kg but only because I was shitting and vomiting more water than I could keep down. Luckily managed to avoid hospitalization, these things are serious.
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

I got over it pretty quickly, basically had one day of vomiting/dry heaving into the toilet bowl and then another day of feeling sorry for myself. Next day I was fine and back to training, it was a minor inconvenience.

I've got a pretty bad cold at the moment but that's because I've been drinking pretty heavily over the past 5 weekends so I had it coming. I think I'll do a sober November to get myself back up and running properly.
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Movember '11 Ginger Excellence Movember 2011Movember 2012 sarabando's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Itiken View Post
    In an effort to sort my life out a bit, I'm trying to stop drinking. Maybe just for October, Maybe longer term.
    Maybe just until tonight when I go out and 'accidentally' have beer 'cos of having no willpower.

I haven't really told anyone as i want to achieve something (you cunts don't count <3) first, but ponder this morning : Why are there no "help stopping drinking" aids in the same vein as stopping smoking aids ?

day 2. I'm partly ashamed to admit that this is probably the longest i've gone without any booze for several years VoV
    so i quit for 3 years and the addiction was not the hard part. The hardest part for me was the social aspect the "il have a coke please" as your mates are dropping jaeger bombs at a rate that would make the luftwaffe proud

gaining weight is too fucking hard, I don't have time to eat this much food

Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    I should be home.now but I keep stopping to post. I'm in need of a mega poo. so much so that I'm tempted to leave slurry across one of these gardens and deal with the wiping later. gonna toss a coin

phoneposting

Peanut butter shakes.

fuck yeah. Also whey protein is an easy way to bulk up without being *too* full. 90cal per scoop, easily fit two scoops in 500mL of milk.
    Contract stuff to Seraphina Amaranth.

"You give me the awful impression - I hate to have to say - of someone who hasn't read any of the arguments against your position. Ever."

Friendly reminder that you'll solve all life's problem by doing your goddamn back extensions. Hit deadlift PRs erry month, fix your squat form, cure back pain, learn what hamstring activation actually feels like, shrink your bald patch etc etc

It should be criminal to call a building a gym if they don't have a back extension machine thing.

Probably the only bit of gym equipment I rate higher than a prowler.