hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 207 of 207 FirstFirst ... 107157197204205206207
Results 4,121 to 4,127 of 4127

Thread: Getting in shape/not caring fitness thread

All right, so I managed to do some IF (16/8) with daily input of 800-1000kcal and the results started showing well. Down to 103kg (january weight was 120kg). Starting today a water fast for a few days - well, not really fast, I plan to eat some veggies like cucumbers, carrots, lettuce occassionally simply to keep up with electrolytes/vitamins, see how this goes.

Goal of reaching 90ish kg end of may doesn't really seem impossible anymore. At the moment I can't lift properly due to huge healing tattoo on the back and shoulder, so I'm resorting to juggle the calorie intake properly until it fully heals. Good stuff: I don't feel hungry and the tummy seems to be tucking in nicely now, pants are getting larger and I need to add another notch to the belt (always a reason to celebrate).
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

Whoop, march to april results:
    - 3kg in minus;
    - 3% body fat in minus;
    - 1% visceral fat in minus;
    - 1cm off the waist.

Considering I've been slipping a bit as well as pumping less iron than I would have liked, I'm p. hyped and keen on optimizing the next steps.

You weigh ~100kg and can lose 3% bf in a single month while 'slipping' you don't need to optimise anything, just keep eating less.

Kudos and all but you're making this whole thing sound like rocket science.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Meanwhile Im browsing reddit and eating hot cross bun M&Ms. Wonder why I'm +4kg from January :thinking:

Probably time to ease up on the sugar again.

On the plus side, got up to 17.5kg flys and 27.5kf DB benches so at least there's some progression in the right direction.
    Contract stuff to Seraphina Amaranth.

"You give me the awful impression - I hate to have to say - of someone who hasn't read any of the arguments against your position. Ever."

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    You weigh ~100kg and can lose 3% bf in a single month while 'slipping' you don't need to optimise anything, just keep eating less.

Kudos and all but you're making this whole thing sound like rocket science.
    For me it has been an uphill battle. Depression, job stress and physical exertion take their toll, along with lack of sleep and similar issues. "Eat less" is simplistic imho. Eat better shit, with less calories and heathier is perhaps correct. Optimising is simply seeing how I can control hunger (keto is p. good at that but at times I can't help eating fucking carbs) and including activities that keep me busy - a lot of shit eating happens when I'm bored or watching something like a movie for example. Also seeing if I can lose more than that, because a lot of this is excedent and is not needed/necessary.

Maybe you should be spending your time 'optimising' the other aspects of your life which are making it an uphill battle?

If you're 80% there with the diet seeking the extra 20% optimisation is just diminishing returns. If you can get the easy wins managing things like stress levels and sleep you'll probably be doing work which helps the diet bit and also generally helps you stay on track.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    CrossFit is getting ridiculous.

"Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...