hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 208 of 208 FirstFirst ... 108158198205206207208
Results 4,141 to 4,154 of 4154

Thread: Getting in shape/not caring fitness thread

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Have you ever tracked skin fold measurements as a proxy for bf%? If you have history of being pre-diabetic it might be worth paying attention to considering the role of fatty tissues in the development of the disease.
    Not so far but yes, I am very much aware that more fatty tissue = higher insulin resistance. Only the blood sugar was at pre-diabetic levels, but HbA1C is still within normal ranges and I haven't experienced any hypos yet so I know it's not actual T2DM yet.

I'm using my scale to measure body fat otherwise, I've had great results with keto and omad and reached an all time low of 22% or thereabouts. My ultimate goal is 15%, but that is a long way, hopefully achievable end of this year.
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

I wouldn't pay much attention to the scales bf measurement, electrical impedance is a really poor method. I'm able to vary the measurement on mine by 10% in a day based on how hydrated I am. I got some 99p skin fold calipers on Amazon and they are so much more useful.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    I wouldn't pay much attention to the scales bf measurement, electrical impedance is a really poor method. I'm able to vary the measurement on mine by 10% in a day based on how hydrated I am. I got some 99p skin fold calipers on Amazon and they are so much more useful.
    Going to accessorize with that then :3

Using the scale I tried to maintain the same way of measuring - in the morning, after shower and thorough drying - felt quite consistent.

Huh interesting... My permathirst and constant pissing has dramatically worsened over the last 6 months.
    I'm talking 7 liters+ during the day, maybe 10 pees, all clear and lots of fluid. Then after going to bed waking up every hour to piss and/or thirst, drink another liter during the night and most days struggling to fall asleep again around 4am. Great...

Blood sugar levels and hb1ac have been borderline since at least December.
    Ima guessing diabetes insipidus centralis because it'd fit with my other pituitary gland /Hormon related issues since beginning of 2019.
    Welpo

MI8m8

Quote Originally Posted by Stoffl View Post
    Huh interesting... My permathirst and constant pissing has dramatically worsened over the last 6 months.
    I'm talking 7 liters+ during the day, maybe 10 pees, all clear and lots of fluid. Then after going to bed waking up every hour to piss and/or thirst, drink another liter during the night and most days struggling to fall asleep again around 4am. Great...

Ima guessing diabetes insipidus centralis because it'd fit with my other pituitary gland /Hormon related issues since beginning of 2019.
    Welpo

MI8m8
    Fuck

Welpo

MI8m8
    Ah shit. Got a doctor's appointment booked in?
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Yeh, got a glucose meter from my GP and had OGGT at a lab this morning.
    ~results pending~

Also got an appointment next tuesday at a private endocrinologist/diabetologist.
    Rip my bank account

~results pending~

Also got an appointment next tuesday at a private endocrinologist/diabetologist.
    Rip my bank account
    as your doctor i ordr you to cancel those appointments and instead spend the money on one of them hotel mattresses!

God speed m8

Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    ~results pending~

Rip my bank account
    as your doctor i ordr you to cancel those appointments and instead spend the money on one of them hotel mattresses!

God speed m8
    dem were some good mattresses

Ogtt results saying no type 2 diabeetus. Bordering diabetes risk glucose levels.

Diabetes Insipidus test next!

MI8m8

Ogtt results saying no type 2 diabeetus. Bordering diabetes risk glucose levels.

MI8m8
    You will always be an OG triple OG to me, dawg

Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post

MI8m8
    You will always be an OG triple OG to me, dawg
    #OurAustrian

<3

MI8m8

Edit: to actually contribute somehow, glucose tolerance test is a thing I wouldn't trust too much when it comes to diagnosing a potential T2DM in the making. Nor HbA1c - in long term abnormal blood pH people the test is annoingly unreliable.

Altered glucose tolerance seems to be what you do have and I would advise losing extra weight asap as well as lifestyle changes to get rid of most carbs until a decent weight is reached - I know you're tall, that's not the point.

If you have a family history of T2DM, then you should definitely look into preventing it - personally I'm in that position right now and it's a bit shit seeing I'm the right age for the disease.

Diabetes insipidus in itself is a diagnosis but it's usually due to other crap that needs investigating, i.e. on its own it seldom happens. Some blood work should tell you more, serum sodium, urea and creatinine as well as serum osmolality, urine sodium, urine osmolality amongst others. Hope you're well otherwise.

As a side note - I have a lot of similar issues with fluid intake and output - but it happens only when I overdo carbs. If I stick to my keto/IF routine and also exercise and what not then the polyuria goes away. I still take in large amounts of water/tea/etc but then again only in the gym I go for 1-2l per session so ymmv.

Please look after yourself, T2DM is a really shit show, not in itself alone but the complications suck balls.

Last edited by Cosmin; February 8 2020 at 09:47:30 AM.