hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 206 of 206 FirstFirst ... 106156196203204205206
Results 4,101 to 4,120 of 4120

Thread: Getting in shape/not caring fitness thread

Super Baderator DonorGlobal Moderator cullnean's Avatar
    The tower of power, too sweet to be sour, ohhhh yeahh!
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    I maintain my perfect form via a inperceptable excercise i like to call hummingbirds. Im doing them right now
    Let's swing on down to John wannamakers
    And pick up a coue Tommy bhama shirts!

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    Cullneshi the god of shitposting.
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    anything soviet is of evil

Quote Originally Posted by cullnean View Post
    Only comparative thing is the basic Mil fitness test
    What's in that now?

I remember seeing it mentioned that well over half the population would fail it now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

4km march carrying 40kg of equipment in less than 40 minutes, followed by a 2km march carrying 25kg of equipment in under 15 minutes. Soldiers will then have to complete a fire and move exercise in less than five minutes, followed by a 20m drag of a 110kg weight. Finally, soldiers will have to carry bags weighing 20kg 20 times over a distance of 30m.

Other stuff like deadlifts and the like have been added

4km march carrying 40kg of equipment in less than 40 minutes, followed by a 2km march carrying 25kg of equipment in under 15 minutes. Soldiers will then have to complete a fire and move exercise in less than five minutes, followed by a 20m drag of a 110kg weight. Finally, soldiers will have to carry bags weighing 20kg 20 times over a distance of 30m.

Other stuff like deadlifts and the like have been added

I'm guessing that's only come in in the past few years? Seems a much better judgement of combat/overall fitness than the old PFT/CFT.

Starts this year

That's surprisingly rigorous. I can't imagine it'll do much to help their recruitment numbers though
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    That's surprisingly rigorous. I can't imagine it'll do much to help their recruitment numbers though
    If that fitness test is enough to put them off from joining the Army, they shouldn't be entertaining the option IMO

edit: also, didn't they try implementing something like this a few years ago (joint service)? Like filling up a sandbag etc

Quote Originally Posted by SteeleResolve View Post
    If that fitness test is enough to put them off from joining the Army, they shouldn't be entertaining the option IMO
    Beggars can't be choosers

Looks like the US Army is finally doing this as well. Think they finally realized that strapping 60+ lbs to a guy's back and then not providing them with strength training was why everyone has lower back problems?

Uhm so I'm trying fasting for a couple days. I've reached a plateau that won't budge and it is driving me quite mad. So I've had my last consistent meal about 29h ago. Not feeling hungry at all atm. Been taking some magnesium/zinc supplements and that's about it really. Obviously lots of water.

Hope I breach 48h. Target is a bit more but who knows.

Fingers crossed.
    Last edited by Cosmin; April 5 2019 at 02:46:53 AM.
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    Uhm so I'm trying fasting for a couple days. I've reached a plateau that won't budge and it is driving me quite mad. So I've had my last consistent meal about 29h ago. Not feeling hungry at all atm. Been taking some magnesium/zinc supplements and that's about it really. Obviously lots of water.

Fingers crossed.
    i though you were a doctor?

that's dumb as fuck, intermittent fasting yes

How much were you additionally reducing your calories by before you decided you had reached a plateau? You realise that as you lose body mass your caloric needs reduce too right?

You shouldn't need to water fast unless you're cutting down to single digit bf%

Yeah, I wouldn't go straight onto extended fasts without trying 16hr fasts for a good month or so first. Then see how I feel with OMAD, then contemplate multi-day.
    Contract stuff to Seraphina Amaranth.

"You give me the awful impression - I hate to have to say - of someone who hasn't read any of the arguments against your position. Ever."

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post

Fingers crossed.
    i though you were a doctor?

that's dumb as fuck, intermittent fasting yes
    It may seem so, but there are plenty people doing it for religious reasons (random example) and I've never heard of anybody actually becoming ill after something like this. I'm not going for weeks without eating, I'm just experimenting a bit Please do understand I have considered all the implications thoroughly and at least professionally I am not an idiot. I wouldn't really harm myself and I am taking some supplements as well. My BMI is fucking 36, I'm p. sure I'll be just fine Stomach hasn't grumbled, I take my blood sugar levels a few times per day and it's all p. good. I have been feeling quite energetic during this whole time, so it worried me a bit, so went on and meditated on this and summoned some mindfullness - I am p. sure I'm not going through some manic episode or anything similar.

How much were you additionally reducing your calories by before you decided you had reached a plateau? You realise that as you lose body mass your caloric needs reduce too right?

You shouldn't need to water fast unless you're cutting down to single digit bf%
    It's ok so far, got plenty of fat to burn. Last few days before I started I was down to around 1400-1600kcal per day (previously tried and managed to stay below 1700ish) and it was increasingly annoying due to weekly variations hovering around 105kg, basically 1-2 weeks no loss at all.

Water is needed because water is needed generally, I'm simply drinking a bit more than I should to make sure I actually don't murder my kidneys. It seems my thirst sense is not particularly good, at least the past year or so, I routinely tend to forget to hydrate (or it was probably the job that was the issue).

As long as one doesn't have diabetes, has extra fat deposited and keeps hydrated, the liver will produce all the carbs one needs. Not that I recommend this to anybody, it is an experiment in will (albeit my will has not been challenged so far, so wtf). I am overweight and I've never experienced anorexia or anything similar.

@Sponk - I did intermittently fast the past couple weeks (8/16) and it went rather well. Work helped as well, albeit there were issues managing to keep well hydrated. I did OMAD a while back and it was p. annoying, I kept getting hungry and snacking more than usual - mostly on almonds, which have retardedly high kcal - so that didn't help

Edit: stopping tonight at the 48h mark, it's enough for me. Gone under the 105 derp, seen 104.1kg, I'm happy with that. Still going to calorie count around 1500 for the next few days, but starting small with a 500-600kcal dinner tonight. Yay
    Last edited by Cosmin; April 5 2019 at 06:29:01 PM.

k cool. Remember to hit your electrolyte targets, since you're only taking in water.
    Contract stuff to Seraphina Amaranth.

"You give me the awful impression - I hate to have to say - of someone who hasn't read any of the arguments against your position. Ever."

Tbh at your weight you could have just done a refeed at maintenance and then dropped an extra 100kcal off your daily target to break the plateau.

I have a friend who is a physique competitor at national level and he's never needed an extended fast even when dieting down to 5% bodyfat.

Quote Originally Posted by Sponk View Post
    k cool. Remember to hit your electrolyte targets, since you're only taking in water.
    Ayy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tbh at your weight you could have just done a refeed at maintenance and then dropped an extra 100kcal off your daily target to break the plateau.

I have a friend who is a physique competitor at national level and he's never needed an extended fast even when dieting down to 5% bodyfat.
    Different metabolism imo. Depends on activity levels as well, besides my workouts I do walk a lot but that is really about it. Physique competitor at national level sounds like living in the gym tbh.

End of May is my cut off for breaking the 90-95 barrier so fingers crossed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a marathon not a sprint, better to have short term recurring weight loss goals than a single big goal at the end. Mainly for psychological reasons but also to make sure you keep the weight off.

It's a marathon not a sprint, better to have short term recurring weight loss goals than a single big goal at the end. Mainly for psychological reasons but also to make sure you keep the weight off.
    I fully agree. The end game is to maintain a good weight and a lean body, so it is on-going. My may goal is simply a stepping stone and I've littered the way there with other stepping stones to keep me going. Small things, mostly linked to feeling well whilst doing it rather than hard stuff like waist line or weight only. If I wake up well rested and pumped, that's achieving an intermediate little goal and if I see one centimeter off the waist as well, all for the better.

I'm not planning on achieving just a lean body, it's more about sticking with the life style change, getting more and more used to actually open the fridge and cook rather than reaching out for the phone and order out. Another example is heading to the kitchen sink when I'm thirsty rather than for the fridge (water vs other things).

The thing that can be daunting is that it is quite hard to maintain a healthy lifestyle with all the temptations. I found myself avoiding at times the pastry section in supermarkets and stuff in the beginning, only to be able to now walk past doughnuts and cupcakes without feeling tempted by them, so I gave myself extra points for that.

Not to mention visiting friends and so on. This weekend I visited a friend and they stuffed me with sausages and other traditional foods. I thought about refusing outright, then I just went with enjoying it. I logged the calories and I was pleasantly surprised to see I was over my kcal goal only by 100-200kcal. And I think the enjoyment of having home cooked meals made by friends is more than worth the extra kcal, so the guilt went away quite easily. Even had a huge brownie desert which was only around 200kcal at the end of the day, so not a complete tragedy. Now I'm back to my daily life I can adjust and compensate things, exercise a bit more and not worry about it.

I think that once I reach my ideal weight (which I don't know really, because mainly I never was there) it will be a lot easier maintaining it considering the above. In light of meeting somebody who has severe food restrictions, I also started looking into that and see how I could adjust if we were to be together and it was all quite all right. I am not bound to a certain type of food anymore, I'm not obsessed with meat anymore (this actually came as a shocker tbh), I'm happy to try new things and tbh there are vegan recipes that are simply delicious (albeit a bit high on carbs for my taste, but well). Maintaining a good physical activity level is important, although most of the work is done in the kitchen at the end of the day.