hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: [Video Megathread] Short Eve videos

You weren't terrible (ok briefly doing no damage with only guns to manage was), and you fought despite probably knowing there's be that much frantic button bashing with your setup. The biggest thing I recall that seemed dodgy was the choice to try deaggro, while a t1 cruiser right by you without logi or ewar support was a big chunk of the incoming dps (considering you're in a blaster Eagle). Basically if you didn't think you could tank much longer, I don't think I agreed with trying to last another 60seconds while doing nothing much to dissuade or dodge them, and iirc after ~20-30secs you did decide/get told to just shoot the thing down instead. Basically do you think you learnt from that instance to just keep brawling next time, or was it due to something we can't easily see, like experience of them having a rapid escalation turn up if things went on much longer?
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Idk about that, and i'm fucking stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Daneel Trevize View Post
    You weren't terrible (ok briefly doing no damage with only guns to manage was), and you fought despite probably knowing there's be that much frantic button bashing with your setup. The biggest thing I recall that seemed dodgy was the choice to try deaggro, while a t1 cruiser right by you without logi or ewar support was a big chunk of the incoming dps (considering you're in a blaster Eagle). Basically if you didn't think you could tank much longer, I don't think I agreed with trying to last another 60seconds while doing nothing much to dissuade or dodge them, and iirc after ~20-30secs you did decide/get told to just shoot the thing down instead. Basically do you think you learnt from that instance to just keep brawling next time, or was it due to something we can't easily see, like experience of them having a rapid escalation turn up if things went on much longer?
    It was just me thinking that I wont be able to tank them for much longer and yes it was a terrible decision. Without that VNI I would probably be dead but he saved me with his amazing dps.

Careful not head hit on rock!
    laughs in Slovenian

Basically you tanked and distracted them while my corpmate killed the rapier, the VNI and most of the rupture.

Nice combo though

Leokokim: Mining Industry Exile Foundation [MIEF] | Warlords of the Deep [2LGIT]
    Mikokoel, Arthie Madullier (PvP): Know your Role [K-Y-R] | League of Unaligned Master Pilots [LUMPY]

Quote Originally Posted by Mikokoel View Post
    Basically you tanked and distracted them while my corpmate killed the rapier, the VNI and most of the rupture.

Nice combo though
    Yeah. I convoed him and asked if he wants to team up. I also told him that I'll jump in first and tank while he kites them and kills them. It worked exactly like that because

Careful not head hit on rock!
    laughs in Slovenian

That's a very busy setup to manage at all between mods, positioning and the overview. N1.
      Spoiler:

(ಠ_ృ) ゛Lady Spank is the best。゛ ~ Xenuria (ಠ_ృ)

For anyone interested, It's not amazing by any means and I make a few mistakes looking back on it, but it was a hell of a fight having not messed with active tanks in a while.

Hopefully you might get some enjoyment out of it.

Spoiler:
    You had no right getting out of that!

Ha, the end. Nice one.
    The Rapier is my love boat
    ~lowsec smallscale pvp 'n stuff~

That was a lucky escape, but still nice job finding the opportunity to leave

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...WcOntJPUBsz_9U
    Playlist with our 3 AT matches this year from my POV. Not really amazing piloting or teamwork on display but it might be interesting for people who want to see what it looks like flying in matches.
    Also experience the true eve hardmode of playing on 15inch laptop screen.

https://zkillboard.com/character/195872744/ have a look to see all the fun im having in eve. If you arent having fun in eve you`re probably bad at eve. Please better yourself.

Yeah that resolution. Sure this wasn't AT6 or something, hurr?

Nice perspective, thanks for putting those together. I remember minigin sharing a similar viewpoint from a few tournaments back.
      Spoiler:

(ಠ_ృ) ゛Lady Spank is the best。゛ ~ Xenuria (ಠ_ృ)

Good videos Long. For those of you who haven't flown in the AT before, his piloting is above average, definitely better than mine during the matches so far.

Nice nOmen kiting from Lussy Lou. Reminds me of Don's Nanofiber Internal Structure video.

Nice. I hate the MAAR on the NOmen, but good vid.

Can you spool up an MJD while MWDing?

Yes

Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    Nice. I hate the MAAR on the NOmen
    Why do you hate the MAAR on the nomen. In the video he gets to engage for longer and harder multiple times due to it.
    I prefer a regular MAR, and squeezing an 800mm plate on it, in exchange for the neut. Much more staying power, still plenty fast enough with links, which they had for some part at least.

Quote Originally Posted by root View Post
    Yes
    Then I think I found 1 mistake in the end part, he could have also tried that, for the cost of the cap
    Last edited by Daneel Trevize; September 6 2014 at 11:04:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    Nice. I hate the MAAR on the NOmen
    Why do you hate the MAAR on the nomen. In the video he gets to engage for longer and harder multiple times due to it.
    I prefer a regular MAR, and squeezing an 800mm plate on it, in exchange for the neut. Much more staying power, still plenty fast enough with links, which they had for some part at least.

Quote Originally Posted by root View Post
    Yes
    Then I think I found 1 mistake in the end part, he could have also tried that, for the cost of the cap
    His MJD was on cooldown for the last part of that fight.

I've found from flying both the MAAR and MAAR + 800 plate nomens I prefer the MAAR version for null. Given the inty spam the extra speed is needed IMO.

Fair point, but don't you find null also has more damage projection than lowsec, in general?

Nice video, but neut drones. Aren't they a bit shit?

Fair point, but don't you find null also has more damage projection than lowsec, in general?
    Generally yeah, null has a lot more med rail/sentry blobs which are pretty much impossible to kite. I actually prefer the plated version for lowsec as the MAAR nomen gets utterly shredded by sentry guns.

Neut drones are mostly useless. But can be used to keep frigate tacklers cap dead. Hit them once with the heavy neut, throws a flight of small neut drones on to keep their cap a zero. Drop transversal, blap frigate and keep kiting.