hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 227

Thread: Roles Salad - A Second Helping [MAFIA GAMETHRED]

  1. #1
    Steph's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Canadia
    Posts
    9,254

    Roles Salad - A Second Helping [MAFIA GAMETHRED]

    Welcome, welcome.

    Partial roles list (Library)

      Spoiler:
    There is at least one of each of the following:

    • Arsonist/Vigilante
    • Citizen /Survivalist
    • Doctor/Bodyguard
    • Lunatic/Rival
    • Mason Leader
    • Sheriff/Sleuth


      Spoiler:
    Yeah those slashes mean, for example, there could be two Bodyguards, or one Doctor, or three Doctors and a Bodyguard, etc


    In addition, one Godfather and two Mystery Mafia roles.


    LIST OF PLAYERS

      Spoiler:

    • Bentguru Godfather
    • Cool09 Doctor
    • duckduck Arsonist
    • Lana Torrin Mason Leader
    • Lex Fasces Sleuth
    • Navigator Six Citizen
    • Nicho Void Doctor
    • Nobody_Holme Sheriff
    • Ort Lofthus Consigliere
    • pratell Citizen
    • Quarantine Mafioso
    • Sp4m Sleuth
    • Varcaus Rival
    • vDJ Lunatic



    And finally, some notable rules adjustments/clarifications:

      Spoiler:

    • Sleuth returns who the target visited/followed
    • Lunatic kill ignores immunity
    • Arsonist is NOT kill-immune
    • Doctors can self-protect and do not risk death when protecting another player
    • Masons win with the town, but only if at least one Mason survives
    • The Godfather is considered Innocent, despite being Mafia
    • An easy way to get rep from me is to tally up the votes as the day goes on. I'm kind of a whore like that.



    DAY 1 BEGINS

    Quackbot was shot, execution-style and dumped outside of town. Rumor is he was quacking to the feds, and the Mafia had him put down...
    Last edited by Steph; November 7 2013 at 01:27:52 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Canadians are usually cooler.
    Thermonuclear Banana Split - A not-really-weekly Eclipse Phase campaign journal

  2. #2
    Movember 2012 Nicho Void's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    2,831
    I put on my robe and wizard hat.

  3. #3
    Varcaus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 15, 2011
    Posts
    20,464
    :mafiapsyduck:

  4. #4
    Donor Navigator Six's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    1,261
    My role says something about meatshields. Anyone see any? Will accept meatbags as substitutes.

    $DarkFlare just in case he's managed to sneak in as one of the mystery mafia roles.
    Domination.
    Vote Lark for CSM

  5. #5
    Steph's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Canadia
    Posts
    9,254
    By the way, as per usual (and because it's frakking Halloween and people might be doing things), Day 1 will end 48ish hours after THIS POST.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Canadians are usually cooler.
    Thermonuclear Banana Split - A not-really-weekly Eclipse Phase campaign journal

  6. #6

    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    4,146
    So the only one we know for sure is the mason leader. What happens if he tries to recruit the godfather? It fails?
    Quote Originally Posted by Devec
    Cool09 is the cancer that is corrupting our society and poisoning our children.

    WoT: Redglare[VPG]

  7. #7
    Lana Torrin's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Location
    Bonding around
    Posts
    18,366
    Quote Originally Posted by Cool09 View Post
    So the only one we know for sure is the mason leader. What happens if he tries to recruit the godfather? It fails?
    So the only role that I have no idea what it does is the only role we can say for sure exists. We better have at least 1 Sheriff.
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

  8. #8
    Steph's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Canadia
    Posts
    9,254
    Quote Originally Posted by Cool09 View Post
    So the only one we know for sure is the mason leader. What happens if he tries to recruit the godfather? It fails?
    Since the Godfather is considered Innocent, recruiting the Godfather succeeds.

    Of course, the Mafia win objective overrides the Mason one.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Canadians are usually cooler.
    Thermonuclear Banana Split - A not-really-weekly Eclipse Phase campaign journal

  9. #9
    Nobody_Holme's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Location
    Swansea, Wales, UK
    Posts
    5,644
    Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cool09 View Post
    So the only one we know for sure is the mason leader. What happens if he tries to recruit the godfather? It fails?
    Since the Godfather is considered Innocent, recruiting the Godfather succeeds.

    Of course, the Mafia win objective overrides the Mason one.
    Overrides, yes, but does it also REMOVE the mason one?

    $Nav6 for not reading the list of players before voting.

  10. #10
    pratell's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    North Dakka
    Posts
    3,097
    $quackbot because now this is in my subscribed threads
    Image

  11. #11
    Donor Navigator Six's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    1,261
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobody_Holme View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cool09 View Post
    So the only one we know for sure is the mason leader. What happens if he tries to recruit the godfather? It fails?
    Since the Godfather is considered Innocent, recruiting the Godfather succeeds.

    Of course, the Mafia win objective overrides the Mason one.
    Overrides, yes, but does it also REMOVE the mason one?

    $Nav6 for not reading the list of players before voting.
    $DarkFlare $Holme for not actually reading my post.
    Domination.
    Vote Lark for CSM

  12. #12
    Sp4m's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 5, 2013
    Posts
    6,123
    $Abstain

  13. #13
    Steph's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Canadia
    Posts
    9,254
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobody_Holme View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cool09 View Post
    So the only one we know for sure is the mason leader. What happens if he tries to recruit the godfather? It fails?
    Since the Godfather is considered Innocent, recruiting the Godfather succeeds.

    Of course, the Mafia win objective overrides the Mason one.
    Overrides, yes, but does it also REMOVE the mason one?
    Yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Canadians are usually cooler.
    Thermonuclear Banana Split - A not-really-weekly Eclipse Phase campaign journal

  14. #14
    Lana Torrin's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Location
    Bonding around
    Posts
    18,366
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp4m View Post
    $Abstain
    Doing this also as we are down on players and needlessly bumping them off, while fun, gets us no where.

    Only bolding is a birch on my phone.

    $Abstain

    Tapaderpin
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

  15. #15

    Join Date
    May 25, 2011
    Posts
    199
    Quote Originally Posted by Lana Torrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp4m View Post
    $Abstain
    Doing this also as we are down on players and needlessly bumping them off, while fun, gets us no where.

    Only bolding is a birch on my phone.

    $Abstain

    Tapaderpin
    Don't abstain, at least don't abstain this early in the day. We need discussion and activity, so I'm going to vote $Holme because of bandwagon.

    [Edited to fix the tags]

  16. #16
    Lana Torrin's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Location
    Bonding around
    Posts
    18,366
    Quote Originally Posted by duckduck View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lana Torrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp4m View Post
    $Abstain
    Doing this also as we are down on players and needlessly bumping them off, while fun, gets us no where.

    Only bolding is a birch on my phone.

    $Abstain

    Tapaderpin
    Don't abstain, at least don't abstain this early in the day. We need discussion and activity, so I'm going to vote $Holme because of bandwagon.

    [Edited to fix the tags]
    Bandwagons are the worst possibly thing. You may as well have just held up a sign saying 'Hi im a mafia member' and been done with it. $duckduck
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

  17. #17

    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    4,146
    The mason leader is basically an investigation role. He will know that when someone is failed to be recruited, that person is suspicious.

    There might be a sheriff/sleuth too, so there's the possibility that we have two investigative roles. So yea $abstain is the best option.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devec
    Cool09 is the cancer that is corrupting our society and poisoning our children.

    WoT: Redglare[VPG]

  18. #18

    Join Date
    May 25, 2011
    Posts
    199
    Quote Originally Posted by Lana Torrin View Post

    Bandwagons are the worst possibly thing. You may as well have just held up a sign saying 'Hi im a mafia member' and been done with it. $duckduck
    At this stage the vote isn't important, and I have plenty of time to change it. What is important is whether a post encourages more discussion or whether it serves to shut down discussion. The village needs more public discussion, the mafia can talk in private.

  19. #19
    Quarantine's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    1,469
    Quote Originally Posted by Cool09 View Post
    The mason leader is basically an investigation role. He will know that when someone is failed to be recruited, that person is suspicious.

    There might be a sheriff/sleuth too, so there's the possibility that we have two investigative roles. So yea $abstain is the best option.
    We do have two investigative roles, since there is at least a sleuth or sheriff (or any number of both). The mason is actually an extremely powerful role, hope the holder of that title puts it to good use.

    Obligatory day 1 $abstain.

    Also in before lack of petty drama due to Darkflare not playing.

  20. #20
    Nobody_Holme's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Location
    Swansea, Wales, UK
    Posts
    5,644
    Nav6 because I did read it, but either you're being silly or, well, you're being silly.

    $duckduck because what no get the fuck out bandwagoning this early to "promote discussion", you might be too new to realise thats how you kill someone, or you might be doing it on purpose, and I have no idea which of those it was.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •