hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Oh right, I forgot I was going to do one of these [MAFIA SIGNUP]

If you're going to do that, have a 24-hour "night" cycle, where no votes can be placed, and the game thread is simply for discussion. I know nothing will ever get posted, but its the only way to simulate "real" games. I would not play in a game setup like that because I've had my one go at placing normal mafia into the FHC context, but its the most logical way to run it if you want to prevent day 1 being a nothing day.

Quote Originally Posted by Cool09 View Post
    When this game is played in person, it starts at night. That way night roles get to do stuff, and will have some sort of information for the first day.

On forums, we need time to send in night actions. So we start during the day. Since no-one has any information it's completely random and abstaining makes sense. So I don't really see the point in "banning" abstains. Sure, auto lynch for inactivity, but there are situations where abstaining is the right move.
    You can still have a null-lynch, you just have to force a tie to do it.

Of course, that tie can be broken if one antagonist decides to muck it up and tip the votes, but that generates content. Was it done as a lunatic ploy? Are they mafia? If so, why that guy and not the other one? Or was it the sheriff, who got a Guilty hit on the guy yesterday and this was all an elaborate play?
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Canadians are usually cooler.
    Thermonuclear Banana Split - A not-really-weekly Eclipse Phase campaign journal

Right, forcing a tie would be unreliable, so by banning abstains you would be basically still forcing a random lynch.

Why do we want to ban abstains again?
    Quote Originally Posted by Devec
    Cool09 is the cancer that is corrupting our society and poisoning our children.

WoT: Redglare[VPG]

Because EVE players are risk-adverse and tend to abstain unless there is irrefutable evidence that someone is mafia, and consensus is that's not very interesting.

Worth noting, we're just talking. There's no law that says every FHC mafia game has to run with the same rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    Because EVE players are risk-adverse and tend to abstain unless there is irrefutable evidence that someone is mafia, and consensus is that's not very interesting.

Worth noting, we're just talking. There's no law that says every FHC mafia game has to run with the same rules.
    We've run them both ways, and they've both worked. The abstain versions have had issues in the past, but then the no-abstains have had less players.

Anyway, Lana didn't get a good chance to put it through its paces but thoughts on the Mason Leader role?

Too good? Not good enough?

Anyway, Lana didn't get a good chance to put it through its paces but thoughts on the Mason Leader role?

Recruiting the doctor right away was nice. Would have snowballed pretty hard if he had lived

It may be a bit OP. My plan was just to randomly pick people for like 3 or 4 turns so we would have a voting block and then we start using the 'cant recruit mafia' bit to investigate people, with the upshot being if they were village we add another one to the list. It adds a level of coordination to the village that we wouldn't usually have, plus its an investigation role.
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

I don't really see how the Mason leader is much different from the sheriff. Doesn't the sheriff form a bloc with everyone they find innocent too?

Quote Originally Posted by duckduck View Post
    I don't really see how the Mason leader is much different from the sheriff. Doesn't the sheriff form a bloc with everyone they find innocent too?
    You cant fake mason leader, the GM tells you you have been recruited. With the sheriff there is always a small amount of doubt till they have proven themselves.

Can the mason leader recruit the godfather?

Quote Originally Posted by duckduck View Post
    Can the mason leader recruit the godfather?
    I believe so yes. However I figured the chances of randomly picking them was really low in the first few turns.

Isn't there a cult special faction to oppose the masons? Will have to look up the rules for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devec
    Cool09 is the cancer that is corrupting our society and poisoning our children.

WoT: Redglare[VPG]

big diiiiiiiiick Movember 2012Donor Dark Flare's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cool09 View Post
    Isn't there a cult special faction to oppose the masons? Will have to look up the rules for that.
    Yeah there's a cultist role
    Quote Originally Posted by Amantus
    whats tyhe appear of a shnitifuck cu nt eve onlio9ne corpotraTION DICKOLHEAD FUCKIN AS