hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 48 of 112 FirstFirst ... 38454647484950515898 ... LastLast

Thread: Wormhole Space (147 posts deleted and counting)

Quote Originally Posted by Daneel Trevize View Post
    But if you could fly 1 rev, why not strip the faction mods off of the other one first?
    No one could fly the Chimeras and the Orca I brought in was late to the game. We did get the goodies off the Rev I was flying though.

Quote Originally Posted by Qui Shon View Post
    Okay I did and here's what I still see:

Artjay: Contribute or get out is a bs statement.
    Amopliros: I should be able to kill anyone I want. What we mean by the "contribute" statement is we don't evict people that actually fight us.

Now the first part of your response I've gone over and apparently it turns out we agree there. Granted I've been away for over a year and may not have all the recent details, but the second statement is obviously not true, as seen in the middle part of Clarion Call 3 video.
    Again, go back and reread my post - i said most of the evictions we do are against groups that don't fight us. We do have a few exceptions; firebird squadron got evicted because they dishonored a ransom, for example.

Quote Originally Posted by The Crushah View Post
    I hate to interrupt your stimulating discussion but Durzel's corp has suffered a small theft. Damien Smith and I managed to make off with about 60-80b in ships and loot last night. What we couldnt carry, we did this:

http://bl3h-united.com/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=235129
    http://bl3h-united.com/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=235130
    http://bl3h-united.com/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=235137

Sorry guys. Go ahead and continue your discussion...
    That's... a lot.
    The people want screenshots of your loot!
    WoT: Mike_Hammer
    Tanks are like Pokemon, gotta collect 'em all.....

All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
    Arthur Schopenhauer

Quote Originally Posted by Ampoliros View Post

Amopliros: I should be able to kill anyone I want. What we mean by the "contribute" statement is we don't evict people that actually fight us.

Now the first part of your response I've gone over and apparently it turns out we agree there. Granted I've been away for over a year and may not have all the recent details, but the second statement is obviously not true, as seen in the middle part of Clarion Call 3 video.
    Again, go back and reread my post - i said most of the evictions we do are against groups that don't fight us. We do have a few exceptions; firebird squadron got evicted because they dishonored a ransom, for example.
    ^^ The Goonswarm of WH space.

FEARLESSdot Alliance (cause Cue is a fag)

Donor
    Quote Originally Posted by The Crushah View Post
    I hate to interrupt your stimulating discussion but Durzel's corp has suffered a small theft. Damien Smith and I managed to make off with about 60-80b in ships and loot last night. What we couldnt carry, we did this:

http://bl3h-united.com/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=235129
    http://bl3h-united.com/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=235130

Sorry guys. Go ahead and continue your discussion...
    That's... a lot.
    The people want screenshots of your loot!
    Not downplaying this because Damien did play this well (certainly had me fooled) but 60-80b is ridiculous. I'm quite willing to be proven wrong with screenshots or other proof, but I know I won't be. I'd be surprised if it's more than 30b even including the stuff that was destroyed.

Off the top of my head I know we're missing ~10 or so site running Tengus, Nightmare, Vargur, Legion and quite possibly a variety of other T2 stuff too. Now, if any of the people in the corp have been fitting officer shit to this stuff then there'll be an entirely seperate discussion going on..

Even so, it's certainly worthy of this thread and I must admit I wasn't expecting it to be brought back on track with something that was so personally resonant

edit: Actually, forgot a missing (I think?) Phoenix and at least 2-3 Orcas so ~35b maybe? Won't know until later tonight.
    Last edited by Durzel; May 3 2012 at 04:08:30 PM.

Donor
    In the interest of accuracy I'd just like to point out that any outside help that assisted were only invited to do so after the main haul had been evacced and after I'd been up all night and really had had enough of hauling ships. The total haul on my part was nowhere near 80b and I'm pretty sure that the amounts hauled out by the C&P channel crew was sub 10bil total. Probably closer to 5. I just figured I'd share the wealth and personally guided in any interested parties to pick over the leftover ships.

Credit to Crushah though for being able to pilot/destroy the capitals to allow me to loot stuff that I otherwise wouldn't have had the chance to.

Apologies if my post is a bit disjointed but I've not slept yet since yesterday morning and after kicking this op off at 3am when the last corpmate when to bed.

Edit: Didn't see your post Durz. I agree. I've got approx 40b give or take a few so 80 is laughable.

Edit2: I've been planning this op for about a month and it seems things were meant to be because not only did I have a lucky C140 incoming to allow me to get a couple of dreads out, the 3 outgoing C3 chains I used had all terminated within 5j of each other. The only downside was that I was originally going to hijack the pos and relaunch on an alt, then try and sell the pos, caps and system as a package but my fail anchoring skills didn't allow me to unanchor all the mods I needed to unanchor the pos. It was then that I figured I'd just get out what I can then invite the C&P crew in to pick over the scraps.

Also - Coincidence or what?
    Last edited by Damien Smith; May 3 2012 at 04:17:56 PM.

Donor
    It's a good haul either way, and as said earlier no hard feelings from my point of view.

Here's what you did say:
    We dont evict people who fight us because if we did we probably wouldn't have anyone fun to fight.
    Now sure, sure, you probably meant most here too, just forgot to put it in... and no, I did not miss the link to Artjays comfort blanket idea either, nor do I buy his idea. In any case it doesn't matter. Artjay called the "contribute" sentiment silly, and it is. Killing carebears needs no more justification then killing the most ardent pvp:er. Conflict is what this game is mostly about.
    Last edited by Qui Shon; May 3 2012 at 04:26:14 PM.
    WoT: Mike_Hammer
    Tanks are like Pokemon, gotta collect 'em all.....

All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
    Arthur Schopenhauer

Donor
    Quote Originally Posted by Durzel View Post
    It's a good haul either way, and as said earlier no hard feelings from my point of view.
    That means a lot. I'm honestly surprised at how well you've taken this. Shorty too from what I saw before I lost forum access.

Edit: Here's a rough copy/paste from my spreadsheet: Link

That's just the significant stuff I could be bothered calculating. There's god knows how much random T2 and named stuff. At least a few bil's worth.
    Last edited by Damien Smith; May 3 2012 at 04:39:37 PM.

Donor
    I can't speak for everyone in corp obviously but I don't think there's any real bad blood. Shock obviously, funnily enough the person I thought would be most offended was actually the most pragmatic and said something pretty profound - "Sometimes a struggle is what you need to get the thirst to improve again, like we had at the start of all of this"

You're banned from the summer BBQ though, and I want my Cranberries album back, soz.

Donor
    You're banned from the summer BBQ though, and I want my Cranberries album back, soz.
    You're mean

I still plan on coming to FF next year so maybe we can all laugh about it then. Until then I've got shit to sell and things to buy

Donor
    Now you're just rubbing it in! I always knew you were a meanie.*

* I didn't know

Donor
    Now you're just rubbing it in!
    I'm only playing. Love you really.

HEY LOOK AT ME I HAVE A TITAN LordsServant's Avatar
    Seems it's the day/week of the corp thefts in w-space.

A complete retard started giving ships to ppl sieging my alt WH when he logged into them sieging the tower.(I logged in just in time to see one of my orca's being boarded by a hostile and warping off the tower) - he has been kicked for being a complete and utter retard(the "invaders" fucked off when I got ready to bend them over - nbs, looking for weak targets not fights). I will be more careful when allowing friends and acquaintances access to WHs I have in order to make isk/experience the better part of eve(was technically a friend of a friend, so will prob limit it to friends only from now on).

My main corp (Pandora-Sphere) also got jacked for ~16b in bhaals, t3s, and other assorted ships(no capitals tho). Over a week or so apparently(ships were stolen from inactive ppl in corp - apparently at least one dude was/is on active military duty, can't be much more of a douche than to steal from someone serving their country) :S

The d-bag who did it has been kicked and blacklisted(theres a thread on C&P I don't have a link handy to atm, will edit and add later prob).

As to the whole "slavery" thing(fyi I will prob create a thread later about this discussion on politics/policies as it does seem to be derailing the current thread - which needs to be renamed to "Wormhole Space - Battle Reports and Discussion"), we don't care whether we get raped or not - we just want a fight. We (the top WH alliances/corps) don't always rape everything we come across, case in point - someone posted a BR of them wtfraping a Guillotine Therapy pvp fleet when the poster's group were all in PVE ships.

We want fights, winning or losing doesn't matter to us(unless we're on contract for something specific, in which case we do go full retard and wtfrape everything and give less fucks about "good fights" as opposed to "satisfy the client").

Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    I agree that northern observer is a retard

Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post
    ^^ The Goonswarm of WH space.
    That's a pretty sick burn right there. If you'd like to clarify and elaborate on the number of ways we are like goonswarm (i'm running on the assumption that it's because we have a $10 entry fee and overuse the word 'pubbie'), i might be enticed to counter-insult you.

Here's what you did say:
    We dont evict people who fight us because if we did we probably wouldn't have anyone fun to fight.
    Now sure, sure, you probably meant most here too, just forgot to put it in... and no, I did not miss the link to Artjays comfort blanket idea either, nor do I buy his idea. In any case it doesn't matter. Artjay called the "contribute" sentiment silly, and it is. Killing carebears needs no more justification then killing the most ardent pvp:er. Conflict is what this game is mostly about.
    Yeah, in context i'm pretty sure i mentioned twice elsewhere in that post that most of our evictions worked that way, but you're right that i left it out of there. Anyhow, I've made my points already, as mentioned we've been shitting up the thread for too long so i'm just gonna drop it and hope we get back to BRs.

Sorry, was in a meeting and couldnt keep up with the thread.

This was Damien's operation from start to finish. I was merely the heavy and I overestimated the haul by assuming there were more pimp T3 ships than there were. I came in to help Damien move ships that he couldnt move or didnt have the time to plus kill caps. For my efforts I pulled down ~5 billion, maybe a little more. I got about 15 T2 ships, 3 Rokhs, and as much loot and random shit that I could cram into my alts Orca.

Kudos to Damien for having the patience to pull this heist off and thanks for letting us ebil C&P dwellers in on the haul.

I can't speak for everyone in corp obviously but I don't think there's any real bad blood. Shock obviously, funnily enough the person I thought would be most offended was actually the most pragmatic and said something pretty profound - "Sometimes a struggle is what you need to get the thirst to improve again, like we had at the start of all of this"

Cranberries? C'mon Damien - fuck the guy over in game fair enough, but make sure you do him a favour and burn that shit rather than give it back to him.
    The existence of space means the existence of pirates.

Quote Originally Posted by LordsServant View Post
    My main corp (Pandora-Sphere) also got jacked for ~16b in bhaals, t3s, and other assorted ships(no capitals tho). Over a week or so apparently(ships were stolen from inactive ppl in corp - apparently at least one dude was/is on active military duty, can't be much more of a douche than to steal from someone serving their country) :S
    No spaceship honoure.

I'd also like to call the "contribute or leave" stuff bullshit. If it was like that, we should have been invaded and kicked by now. There's nothing wrong with not choosing to fight R&K and K162. If you aren't with one of the top five WH alliances, you'll just get utterly destroyed by them. The ones who actually kill those alliances just manage to outblob them, like when they got killed by Temnava. Trying to fight in a Pulsar (which also is the home system of the targets) in armor ships, what could possibly go wrong? Other than that I don't really remember GT dying that much.

Albeit being #1 alliance according to that fancy w-space table, opening into K162 or R&K to us usually means collapsing ASAP. Our two and a half corps are in their very own holes, so there's no way in hell to match either those alliances in numbers. Not many alliances can. And by this I do not mean mean they blob, they just fly with perfect setups that you shouldn't run into in some half-assed defense fleet.
    They kind of have the PL problem. They fly great setups, destroy people over and over by picking their own fights, make a great name and then no one wants to fight them any more, even though they are far from unbeatable.

In any case, I rather have wormholes full of carebears than empty holes or only hardcore PVPers in them.

In some ways I still like these small corps isk farming corporations in W-space, and I fail to see why you would want to get rid of them. Yes I has become hard to catch siterunning fleets that has all incoming holes picketed and are watching for new signatures like any good paranoid eve-player should. But you will always be able to catch those fleets (if only a couple) that would just have started a new siege/triage cycle and hopefully you will be able to escalate to a bigger fight, if not, you will still see a capital ship explode. (Now give SD-Killmails CCP). Though if you decide to evict every single entity that does not give you a fight, you're just making W-space more of a wasteland than it sometimes seems to be. There is no logic behind those kind of evictions that can be considered reasonable if your goal is to get more fights. One could be tempted to throw out a "Pick on someone your own size" but that wouldnt suit the W-space wildlands. I think its naive to think that one will change their mindset when being "forced" to fight on others term or get evicted. It just seems silly to me that some are arguing that it would.

However kicking out AAA who boldly stated they would own all the C5-C3s was fun.
    Last edited by G0hme; May 4 2012 at 05:09:02 PM. Reason: Added more rants
    Shook Eelm's hand at Fanfest 2012