hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 43 of 110 FirstFirst ... 33404142434445465393 ... LastLast

Thread: Wormhole Space (147 posts deleted and counting)

Quote Originally Posted by Antilogic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Miton View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Qui Shon View Post
    165 people even just online at once in a single wormhole, never mind all from one side.....I think I'm going to be sick.

WTB time machine to 2009.
    this was an explicit show of force, not an every day occurrence.
    the vast majority of fights in WHs are still much much smaller.
    True. Still depressing though

You might as well commit suicide right now then, because the EU number was
    220 People.
    The 165 was early US tz once the initial wave had started to go to sleep so combined there was well over 300 people in the actual hole more people were trickling in for the entire Saturday.(discounting -A- presence I saw at least 20 ships from them suiciding at pos).

Local looked like something out of goonspace

short BR on AQUILA's 2nd serious armor fleet fight while I suck gas

http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_related&kll_id=13082342

they open into us while they were jewing, we didn't understand what happened but we still try to jump on their bearing fleet, they finished by the time we form up and reshipped into pvp boats.

fight broke out on their static

gf was exchanged, respect from all AQUILA members to Team Pizza for bringing a fight and not self destructing
    Last edited by Apolyon; April 16 2012 at 04:59:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Apolyon View Post
    short BR on AQUILA's 2nd serious armor fleet fight while sucking gas

they open into us while they were jewing, we didn't understand what happened but we still try to jump on their bearing fleet, they finished by the time we form up and reshipped into pvp boats.

gf was exchanged, respect from all AQUILA members for bringing a fight and not self destructing
    Heh, we've had a prober in their hole for a long time hoping for fights after an initial skirmish with them some months ago.

The other day their E545 linked to Stain where had a route only a few jumps away so went to pay them a visit. After their falcon got nuked, along with a 500m pod, they were kinda cautious. We hung about for a bit, but then they had two basis appear along with a bunch of BCs/BS and since there were only three of us we decided to back off and fight the locals. When a 4th corpmated logged in we went back but they didn't seem to want to engage anymore

gf was exchanged, respect from all AQUILA members for bringing a fight and not self destructing

Yeah not our finest moment, but we had a good time. We made some major mistakes, but honestly just got flat out beat. Pretty sure that was the first cap fight a lot of members have been in, so hopefully we can bring a better quality fight next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Spujax View Post

Yeah not our finest moment, but we had a good time. We made some major mistakes, but honestly just got flat out beat. Pretty sure that was the first cap fight a lot of members have been in, so hopefully we can bring a better quality fight next time.
    Props for trying. Only way that loss matters for you long term is if you let it get you down and let it make you timid in the future.

Tremendous tip of the hat to the Team Pizza capital pilots for their decision not to SD despite being the only ships left on field.

Looking forward to our next encounter

Grarr Dexx, Trans-Solar Works 2011.01.30 22:12 to 2011.03.30 22:50

your very biased censorship makes sense now

grarr edit: Let me make it perfectly fucking clear here, I'm not going to tolerate this shit, if it is continued (by anyone, I don't care what color or flag you fly) I am going to go out of my way to make your posting experience on this board one fucking hell you wish you'd never gotten into. What the fuck does a corporation I spent time in a year and one quarter ago (who haven't been affiliated with Guillotine Therapy or Rooks & Kings for FAR longer, FYI) matter to what shitposts I want to delete? 'u scurrred?' is not content, it's terrible posting aimed at aggravating people and it's not going to stand. FROM ANYONE. If you want to taunt people or be smug as shit about something, do it through a biased battle report that brings content to this forum.
    Last edited by Grarr Dexx; April 17 2012 at 03:06:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilgan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spujax View Post

Props for trying. Only way that loss matters for you long term is if you let it get you down and let it make you timid in the future.
    No this has really just jump started everyone's desire to get better. Last couple days all we have been doing is figuring out what we did wrong and how to win that fight next time. If anything, this has been a really good thing for us, giving us some obvious areas to work on.

http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=13128377

wh corp don't work well with supers

in other news, let's see how -A- is doing...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wygb4PF84I&hd=1

KM: http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=13131777

The video starts as soon as we bumped the thanny out. He and his friend were playing pos shield games, and sooner or later they were bound to mess up.
    Will update as soon as stuff happens.

*edit* This morning they guys & girls managed to catch another one: Rev kill
    Seems like he suicided the rev to the fleet so he could get a bubble down and save another cap.

**edit 2** POS Takedown
    Last edited by Tyr; April 22 2012 at 09:45:36 PM.

This Sunday appears to be a good day for w-space, and it's not even primetime

the above rev kill (n1)

http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_related&kll_id=13139990 widot capital losses, 6 archons + moros

http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_related&kll_id=13142589 our own humblestest of contributions, 5 caps + 3 SDs

http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=13142776 aquila killing a couple carriers (1 SD, sounds like)

plus a few more single capital ganks, including a holeclosing moros fit from wi. and some others

No WI. cap ship seems to be less than 4bil, with 8.5 and 12bil carriers in there. Yet they die to some T2 shield fitted Bhaals. Then I see those carrier mids & rigs. And they all had 1 local rep but no triage.

I knew those WI. names seemed familiar... http://dontshootx.com/killboard/?a=k...il&kll_id=4482 and the full set: http://dontshootx.com/killboard/?a=k...ed&kll_id=4482. I'm pretty sure we had a BR of that up on SHC as well, but it was written up on EN24 as well http://www.evenews24.com/2010/12/18/...s-in-wormhole/

Long winded BR incoming. I would've posted it earlier, but everyone has been a bit busy kicking -A- out of w-space.

I had a go at FCing again, and the result just happened to be the best fight in EVE I've ever had.

I logged on to hear that we were engaging a large fleet in our static. I immediately came in and started shooting alongside my corp mates, but their numbers were steadily growing. They had about 20 people, with 3 Logi and a crapton of ECM. We managed to pop a Falcon at the start of the battle, but it soon became apparent that their reps were holding, and ours were failing.

We jumped back into our home, and while we waited out our timers, we got a 3rd Guardian and started fitting remote ECCM on some of our AHACs. They seemed to think the battle was over, but we weren't just gonna let them disengage so easily. I stepped up as FC and ordered our fleet to jump in as soon as we could.

Our numbers were quite even, 20 vs 20; however, they now had 2 Archons on grid, and we had no neuts. We tried to alpha through some of their squishier ships, but since the system was a Cataclysmic we weren't making any headway.

We decided to have one of our Legion pilots to jump home and bring back a Bhaalgorn. He did so, but we realized that more was needed than just the Bhaalgorn. Their DPS and ECM were putting a heavy toll on our Logi, and the Bhaalgorn pilot would be on timer so he wouldn't be able to jump back if our Logi reps couldn't keep up. We had an Archon on standby, but the hole would collapse if we brought it through.

We decided to bring our Archon in anyways. The hole collapsed behind us and we set to work on neuting out one of their Archons. They brought in their own Bhaalgorn, but he was immediately silenced by our ECM Tengus. It seemed like a stalemate… but then their 2nd Archon pilot warped out…. and came back in a Rev.

Crap.

They immediately focused all DPS on our Archon. There were a few tense moments, but with our Damnation boosts he was able to withstand their DPS.

It seemed like ages later, but finally our Bhaalgorn pilot capped out their Archon. He had come out of triage at this point and was receiving reps from their Logi, so we primaried their Logi. 2 of them popped quickly one after the other, and at this point they realized the battle was over. Before we could spread points, much of their fleet warped out--including their Bhaalgorn and some other shiny ships.

We finished off the remaining ships, including their Archon and Rev.

All in all, probably the longest, closest, and most tense battle I've ever been in. And definitely the most fun.

The BR just doesn't do the fight justice: http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_related&kll_id=13032540

W-space best space.

sound like good fun, but that's gay with 4 ecm boats. remind me of adhoc

sound like good fun, but that's gay with 4 ecm boats. remind me of adhoc
    Meh whatever works, we just had a fight in Pulsar with armor fleet against carrier subcaps supported by 4 falcons and a scorp if the residents hadn't brought as much ECM to the field as they did we would have killed them all. props to em.

Counters and recounters. It's what the game is about =)

[..]
    Last edited by Sandslinger; April 25 2012 at 06:13:37 AM. Reason: Double posting Jive

I agree, we're not talking about a dishonoured 1v1 or bubble camping with falcon alt; you should compose your fleet of whatever you think has the best chance of beating the opposition. We don't use much ECM because other ewar (MORE BHAALGORN) tends to work better in most cases, not due to some misguided sense of e-honour.

Anyways back on topic, good job Red Circle and nice BR! I know I'm too much of a pussy to step up and FC a fleet worth several tens of billion isk :P

ECM isn't so gay, it's only when you bring enough falcon so that each enemy ship has 2 ecm permarun on their ass

to that point that noone wants to fight

ECM isn't so gay, it's only when you bring enough falcon so that each enemy ship has 2 ecm permarun on their ass

to that point that noone wants to fight
    Well there's the thing. what's enough??, when you don't necesarily even know the enemy fleet comp you bring as many as you have, as your guy just specifically stated he would do with Bhaalgorns (how many bhaalgorns can you bring before it's "gay).

Sorry to derail thread I just think calling someones fleet comp out as "gay" unnecessary. and best left to COAD or something
    It just leads on to arguments like "you jumped us with equal numbers and then decided to escalate it until you had near double our numbers you have no e-honour!!!" and other such rubbish

people will bring what works every time and try to ensure victory. lucklily there are plenty of counters for everything =) and Falcons and Blackbirds vanish in puffs of smoke to plenty of things :P

Nice BR red inc see you've had a proper wh battle =).
    Last edited by Sandslinger; April 25 2012 at 06:27:08 AM. Reason: grammar poo