hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 32 of 112 FirstFirst ... 22293031323334354282 ... LastLast

Thread: Wormhole Space (147 posts deleted and counting)

Is this the first supercap kill by a W-space group? If so first of many I hope

Fucking good job! respect to Leftrick11b form Strange brew there for loosing a tengu, dramiel, drake and manticore in that fight lol.
    The existence of space means the existence of pirates.

Quote Originally Posted by Artjay View Post
    Is this the first supercap kill by a W-space group? If so first of many I hope
    Yep. There have been cases of wh groups being on a killmail with firepower supplied by a k-space group, but that's the first supercap kill completed by a wh corp without assistance.

Nicely done

Thanks to all who've taken the time to reach out and acknowledge the MOM kill. It was a great fight and a lot of fun. Sorry for not giving a full BR but ADHC has a tradition of not posting full BRs for the most part. You may see some of our regular bloggers write something but it's up to them if they'd like to provide links. Props to St8nge Brew for clearing the cupboards trying to save the Mom.

To Quote a long standing Adhocrat : "I jumped through a wormhole, saw some ships and started playing Eve."

LS6

In that case I shall await FRAPS on http://www.youtube.com/user/Asayanami

Quote Originally Posted by Rengas View Post
    WHAT IS THIS SHIT.

AHARM engage a bunch of capitals in a c5, after an epic 3 fucking hour struggle patiently running down their stront, consuming well over 10k m3 of medium ammo whilst supported by just 3 guardians, we kill one carrier before the other 4 capitals self destruct.

Where as Adhoc have a bunch of cruddy ships fly into them one by one, no bat phone, no trap, no SD, hell, the SC pilot had no slaves!!!

In all seriousness though, congrats Adhoc.
    Last edited by Pattern; December 15 2011 at 06:53:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pattern View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rengas View Post
    WHAT IS THIS SHIT.

AHARM engage a bunch of capitals in a c5, after an epic 3 fucking hour struggle patiently running down their stront, consuming well over 10k m3 of medium ammo whilst supported by just 3 guardians, we kill one carrier before the other 4 capitals self destruct.

Where as Adhoc have a bunch of cruddy ships fly into them one by one, no bat phone, no trap, no SD, hell, the SC pilot had no slaves!!!

In all seriousness though, congrats Adhoc.
    I lol'd.

Congratulations to ADHC!

Def a nice kill
    I think the biggest props need to go to the Nyx pilot for not SDing tho :P

http://progressionshorizon.blogspot....saint-nyx.html

Blog post for the Nyx kill if you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Memoocan View Post
    http://progressionshorizon.blogspot....saint-nyx.html

Blog post for the Nyx kill if you want.
    Good BR, sounds like it was a pretty awesome fight.

Thanks

It was definitely edge-of-the-seat only because the bloodlust was strong for that big guy

As we mostly live in lower class wormholes the opportunity to use capitals in combat ourselves is pretty rare. As there are ganks of carebear dreads and carriers in C5/6’s everyday at the moment a cap kill in w-space these days is insignificant, however we took a rather unusual route in for this one so it might be interesting.
    _

Broadside the Black Pearl

The day starts after downtime with a friendly C2 resident reporting lots of traffic moving from a C5 K162 through his system into k-Space via his highsec static. Ships going out and pods coming in. A thorough scouting by one of our scouts reveals that alliance ‘Surely You’re Joking’ delivered a New Year’s present the night before to some C5 residents by popping one medium POS, reinforcing a Large tower, and about half a dozen POCO’s (Player Owned Customs Offices). Staging tower is named ‘Happy new year’ and defenders named their POS ‘Happy new year to you to get a life’ in retaliation. The traffic is the defenders evacuating everything, even t1 cruisers.

Interestingly, all the timers come out that evening. A good rummage of the kill-boards and forums reveals that the invaders had a dreadnought in their possession and have been using it to shoot structures, along with a 15-20 man drake + assorted shit blob.

A dreadnought gank would be a nice way to kick off the New Year.

Various ideas are thrown around about how to try and tackle/kill this dread. The straight forward option to consider of course is to form up a fleet in k-space, have the scout stalk the invaders and as soon as they siege the dread on anything crash the static and hope we could tackle the dread before he gets away. Since the invaders would likely crit or collapse the static before they deployed the dread this option is not favourable because we didn’t want to put the call out and form a fleet and get blue-balled.

Other things are considered with not much enthusiasm including a logoffski trap and bait counter invasion. Our scout then gets the opportunity to probe the system down when it seems all the invaders have logged off briefly. A K162 to Venal (nullsec) is revealed that has mass reduced. We consider they may be want to keep that wh alive to jump the dread out once they are done finishing off the structures later that night so may not collapse it. I make a throwaway comment that my triage carrier fit for WH invasion is in single jump range of there. I can hear the cogs in one of our FC’s brain turning.

For those not in the know the nullsec entrances to the north are pretty blobby at the moment with AAA, TEST and Hydra all based within a jump or two of our preferred entrance route, m-o, so getting our t3 fleet through there would be risky to say the least. A plan is concocted which is convoluted at best, and at worst a ridiculous waste of time that will have all involved raging about *effort* and *wasted hours of my life*. Still, we feel we must try something as the opportunity is too good to pass up. The plan we concocted was have the carrier squeeze as many T3’s and a single HIC into its ship maintenance array as possible, get the t3 pilots to fly to target destination in covops and wait one jump out. When scout reports dread is in siege, we drop a cyno and land the carrier on the WH, t3’s switch into their ships and we pile in. There are many things that could go wrong with this plan, but it gets some interest so we start to set it up.

An AHARM pilot is spotted coming from a K162 C5 that just popped up and he exits via the static. This understandably makes everyone a bit nervous so the chain of c5’s is probed and an orca wreck is found. We assume it’s this guy - http://apertureharmonics.eve-kill.ne...ll_id=12027255 that was probably killed collapsing a WH as the chain was a dead end. We cycle the friendly highsec as soon as the AHARM pilot jumps out to be sure it doesn’t turn into a three-way.

The T3’s are deposited in the carrier and their pilots, and along with the recons we are bringing along for good measure, re-ship to cloakies ready to burn through tribute. With about 20 minutes left on the first POCO timer we move the cloakies to venal and wait. Everything is in position including the scout’s main in a Bhaalgorn that we managed to get in when there was a gap in the invaders coverage of the C2 static.

The Revelation logs on, collapses the C5 K162 and logs off again. An orca crits the C2 static. Thankfully, they don’t seem interested at all in the nullsec exit still.

The stage is set, we wait. The first POCO comes out of reinforced and the invaders sit in their staging pos doing nothing. We wait some more. And some more. Tension is rising. About 40 minutes pass and the excitement is getting me anxious so I go make Tea and stock up on Cookies. We must keep our Lord Sky Marshal Chunky fed at all times or he gets grumpy. While I am stirring the milk into my tea it occurs to me I have about 10 Billion ISK’s worth of T3’s + fittings in my carriers cargo hold and I could just *ahem* disappear. Unfortunately for me I get back to my computer as the revelation logs in. Oh well best stick to the plan.

A while passes then the invading fleet warps to the first POCO and starts bashing. The scout isn’t sure if the Revelation is in siege or not (buggy graphics?) so we wait. Anticipation gets the better of us so we decide to go for it anyway since he isn’t aligned and the scout is in a well tanked T3 and can hold the rev while we warp in. The plan moves into action and surprisingly goes without a hitch. Carrier undocks, cyno is lit, cloakies jump in and meet the carrier on the wh, T3’s are boarded and the fleet is ready to go. It reminds me of a demonstration that I have seen of fireman going from playing cards in their civilian clothes to being in the fire truck suited up in under a minute.

We jump in cruisers first and warp to the scout as he decloakes and tries to point the Revelation. He can’t, it’s in siege so he nabs a couple of the support. We land, bubble up and concentrate fire on a Tengu that runs for his life. The Tengu evades proper tackle and escapes by the skin of his teeth as we spread points to grab whatever else we can. A few drakes are caught. Other shit lands, Tempest, Armageddon, and other stuff, of which we only get the Armageddon as their support melts away in fear as we tear it apart.

Time to focus on the dreadnought. With only 7 proper T3’s for DPS (Proteus power ftw!) he tanks steadily at first. With very little incoming DPS and being a big noob I haven’t entered siege yet and am spamming fighters at people. Our Lord Sky Marshal Chunky starts panicking on Teamspeak –

“Reps please I’m melting! I’m melting - Nooooooo!”

“Do you have transversal on the dread chunky? MWD off? Are you alt tabbed out to starwars again?”

“‘Um...”

I drop everything, abandon my fighters (which are all retrieved afterwards) and triage to rep his ass back up. Same happens to our Bhaalgorn who is dual boxing, sat at zero speed next to a sieged dreadnought. Never a good idea. Ah well, learning experience for all involved. No harm done and we focus on the Revelation again. Bhaalgorn is all heavy neutralizer fit and along with the pilgrim it doesn’t take long to flatten the dreadnoughts capacitor. DPS is applied and down he goes. Props to him for not self-destructing when the game was up as he would have probably had the time to since only 7 of the T3’s were full DPS fit, the others were cloakie.

We collapse the critical static with the Bhaalgorn (the C2 is still friendly so they probe him out later), get a new exit for the subcaps 3 jumps form Jita and the Archon exits to null closing the wh behind me. Levels of smug are only diminished by the fact we lost a falcon during the engagement due to a bit of bad luck.

Job done.

http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_related&kll_id=12030164

Nicely done. I've found it's the operations that require the trickiest logistics that are always the most rewarding when you look back on them.

Nice BR, Bei. Sounds like a piece of quality execution.

Fight for J145715

One of our scouts who has been scanning high sec reported that he has encountered the RF Large Mini POS in C2 with HS and C3 statics. We have scrambled a few scouts from our home system to fly there as POS would go out of RF in 4 hours.

As the scouts entered the system we have noticed a lonely drake camping the High sec side. It was X-COM, small but notorious WH dwelling corp known for its meticulously planned invasions. It was very early in the morning so we had like 4 guys online. At the POS there were few drakes, and other ships flying around with pilots. an hour or so before the RF we had, 6 people in the fleet (totally not enough to kill usual POS bashing fleet in C2). Decision was reached to convo the POS owners and try to join the forces. As POS exited RF the locals have reported that enemy had 4 capitals and assorted mix of sub-capital ships as their attacking force (wtf 4 caps in C2). Right away we had sent help message to our Friends at Narwhals at My Duck.

We have gathered what we could in high sec (which was not a lot to begin with) and proceeded to scan the entrance from static C3 as High sec was mass critical and camped by HIC, Drakes and a Chimera. Two Phoenixes landed on the now friendly POS and started bashing it. Our scout with shaking voice reported that static C3 has a static null sec. While not loosing hope our glorious FC Chitsa Jason has ordered to scan the system anyway to look for some K162 or floating statics. Scout was reporting... ''Got null'' ''got another fcking null'' ''radar, ladar, mag'' ''ok guys last signature'' '''low sec!!!!!!''. With tears of joy our fleet proceeded to low sec at best speed. Our scout was sitting at C3->C2 connection and watching it in hopes that it will not be reduced by mass by the enemies. Most of us were 15ish jumps out but some as far as 30. When there were about 5 jumps left for spearhead of our fleet the scout in C2 has reported that POS is dead but capitals are holding position. FC has assured us that capitals will be there for another 15 minutes as they have aggro timer and no POS to hide in.

After about 10 minutes our spearhead fleet has entered WH consisting of few T3s, 2 guardians and a Bhaalgorn. It was just a small fleet at start to hold the tackle. Regrettably the bhal died due to its sub par fit almost at the start of the fight. Second bhal was still on its way though (12 jumps). Main fleet was about 2 jumps out with 2 more guardians coming. Tackle fleet just had to hold. And they did, reps were called, proper orbits were established and points were called like in heaven. Right now we had enemy fleet consisting of Drakes, Falcons, 2 Chimeras, 2 Phoenixes and some other assorted random ships. Our fleet had Armor T3 configuration plus 4 Guardians and one bhal. plus local residents brough whatever they could which was Drakes and SBs. As the late bhal has arrived we have called Phoenix primary, shorty switching to Chimera as it entered Triage... We wre shooting it but we could not manage it in time as it exited out of triage. The other Chimera was called... Phoenix, Chimera... etc... We were bouncing the targets in usual configuration as one ship entered Siege/Triage and exited it. It took a while but after the first Chimera was down clear optimism was heard on comms. We bounced the targets a few more times, but in the end had to kill the second Chimera proceeding with sub caps which we could still point without loosing tackle on the dreads. After sub caps were clear Dreads were obliterated little by little (props to SRS and X-Com for not self destructing)

In the end it was a great fight involving sneaky scouting, diplomacy and some sweet revenge to SRS after this weekends looses.

Fight report: http://htel.eve-kill.net/?a=kill_rel...ll_id=12101459

P.S: Yes we know how to fit bhals now
    Last edited by Grarr Dexx; January 11 2012 at 10:31:18 AM.

Nice catch, I approve of all the dead caldari crap too. ECM fit Phoenix? GTFO!

It's almost as if Chitsa never left Narwhals

Very good stuff though and props for helping to achieve the feat of having more caps destroyed in W-Space than K-Space today!

http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_related&kll_id=12087530

Attempt at PL style tengus goes wrong? Need moar scimi.

Quote Originally Posted by Artjay View Post
    http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_related&kll_id=12087530

Attempt at PL style tengus goes wrong? Need moar scimi.
    We tried to break WH blockade unfortunately we could not get enough man power into the wh. it closed and we had to fight with what we could. being at zero with the blob did not help either. Logis died too fast. Rest was just turkey shoot. We knew that we are going vs the blob but we did it anyway, just to try

So in the end it was 20 vs 80. Sad day for us but we compensated for the losses by killing bunch of their caps in the above BR.
    Last edited by Casparas; January 12 2012 at 01:16:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Casparas View Post
    So in the end it was 20 vs 80. Sad day for us but we compensated for the losses by killing bunch of their caps in the above BR.
    Sometimes you get the bear; sometimes the bear gets you.

Props for trying at least.

Heard about this fight. Just curious, would the numbers you had stuck on the other side of the wormhole have changed the outcome?