hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 3 of 127 FirstFirst 1234561353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Wormhole Space (147 posts deleted and counting)

Re: Wormhole Space

the kills from that trap: http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_related&kll_id=9609684

You guys used a proteus to bait them off the wormhole or something? damm some ppl are stupid.... hehehe nice kills!

Quote Originally Posted by Wabs
    the kills from that trap: http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_related&kll_id=9609684

You guys used a proteus to bait them off the wormhole or something? damm some ppl are stupid.... hehehe nice kills!
    I guess now is as good a time as any to stop lurking Apologies in advance for the wall of text, I suck at battle reports apparently

My alt had been lurking in that C2 since shortly after downtime, the inhabitants run sites in their c4 static in a nicely HICable RR tengu blob. Whilst waiting for them to go active I scanned out the entire system and moved another alt to the highsec side of the WH I'd entered from to provide warpins for my main if need be.

I was mostly AFK for the next couple of hours, returning briefly to gank a drake (PVE fit! lol) that was babysitting a POS some random 3rd party decided to anchor in the system. It was somewhere around this point a link from a c3 WH opened into the c2 and a covops entered. I'm not sure if he saw the end of the drake gank or just saw the locals floating at POS in their tengus, either way shortly after that the a Cane + the Bhaal & Vindi appeared on dir scanner in center system & they begin anchoring a large T1 bubble on the highsec static.

Now as it turns out the highsec WH they were camping was not the one I entered from (an R943) but the systems static (a B274). So I quickly brought in my covops alt and jumped her thru the WH they were sat on to bookmark the other side & then AP'd her back to the system I entered from (3j away! gotta love CCP's random number generator)

With my alt back in place on the R943 WH I put out the call on Hole Plunderers and news of a Bhaal and Vindi quickly brought in a 25+ man fleet. The plan was simple: 2 ships (a legion & proteus) would jump in the back way and warp at range to the WH the targets were camping. Once they'd been successfully lured out of the safety of jump range, the rest of the gang would jump in the front entrance & violence them. It took a while for all the various people to get in place with some folk burning 20 or more jumps for the chance of faction ship kills. At one point the whole plan looked doomed when they unanchored their bubble and pulled in their drones. To keep them sweet I briefly decloaked my alts loki near them & began negotiations in local to get my non-existant iteron safely out of the WH ...

XXXXXXXX > why are you camping this wormhole?
    SpikeTec > pew pew
    XXXXXXXX > I need to go out and return you will shoot me?
    quecke > we shoot everything lol
    XXXXXXXX > can we make arrangement 4 my iteron to go out with no attack?
    quecke > 80mil and we go away
    XXXXXXXX > how do I know you will not shoot?
    quecke > when you give us money we will run away
    quecke > we have honor WE ARE AIC
    ?SpikeTec > the name of AIC
    lokutus1986131 > we no pirats
    I think the youtube vid tells the rest of the tale better than I can

Yeah, we warped bait Legion and Proteus in at 50 km to get them off the WH. They didnt take the bait immediately, we had to move a bit closer in, closer to RF point and neut range, before they both started burning at us. When they were about 20-25 km off the WH, we got tackles and brought Teh Blob in.

They had a Hurricane too, it got out. We didn't really care.

any of the Aharm guys want to tell us about the eviction you did (or are doing?) I'm curious about the 25vs20 battle and how much loot you guys ended up getting =) Nice work btw!

a full BR will be posted after we're done. Final reinforcement in about 45 minutes, though it doesn't look like we'll be getting a fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Tai

a full BR will be posted after we're done. Final reinforcement in about 45 minutes, though it doesn't look like we'll be getting a fight.
    Looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Helen
    Quote Originally Posted by Tai

Looking forward to it.

last towers gone br should be coming as soon as someone writes it up. they only fought to try to save the first tower sadly.

our kills/losses during this eviction

Any official reason for the attack, or just opportunity and entertainment? I only see this as previous encounters of any worth. Also did you hire mercs and/or get some random 3rd party killmail whores?
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Idk about that, and i'm fucking stupid.

Writing the BR now. Will post it on our internal forums and it'll be up here once it get's OK'd there!

While Tai gets his BR greenlit, have a quick tale of blueballs and facepalm:

I was chilling semi-afk when suddenly Hole Plunderers got spammed with the Bat Signal, as some buggers were taking down a small unarmed POS with (iirc) three drakes, three scorps, an apoc, a Tengu and another ship or two that I'm probably forgetting right now. We meet on the high sec side with a mix of BS, T3 and Recons when our eyes tell us that the guys doing the POS bash warp back to their own POS. Cue the waiting game. When it looks like they're continuing (Tengu and a few of the other ships) we decide to jump on the opportunity and Hemp tackles the Tengu with a Falcon as backup to hopefully keep the Scorps off him while we get through the hole and warp to him. As the Tengu enters armor the pilot ejects and gets the fuck out and while we consider our options (Loki Pilot grabs it right now while we keep it locked versus parking it in highsec first) it fucking self destructs.
    Apparently nobody noticed it initiating SD (easily blamed on everybody multiclienting, tbh).

So there we are with no killmail, no looted ship and a POS entering armor, so we decide to bloody well finish off the small tower in the hope that the CHA or the SMA would drop anything interesting:
    http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_related&kll_id=9667955 (one or two ships missing because of the 15min thingy and we accidentally the POS before the mail could be whored again)
    SMA dropped a Shuttle and the corp hangar apparently only dropped mostly rubbish as well. Meh.
    Shame about the potentially fun fight that was to be had if they hadn't left their Tengu to die as the numbers were about even-ish and we didn't have the opportunity to specifically counter whatever it exactly was that they had.

You show equal numbers chances are your not going to get a fight. in wh space they usually have to "think" they outnumber you by a hell of a lot before most will bother trying to engage. just like in normal space. the carebear is a skittish beast that prefers the herd.

Yeah, I know (this isn't the first time I did W-Space ops), but it doesn't change the fact that the fight would've actually been really fun and we didn't get to have any of it.

You had a falcon. If you wanted to fight don't take a falcon next time. ECM destroys small gang pvp :rage:

Can't really argue with that, but in our defense, they had three scorps. :V

The Falcon actually was really only intended to try and keep the Scorps from jamming Hemp's tackling Proteus off the Tengu before the cavalry arrives.

Quote Originally Posted by Liptonez
    So I went around scanning for WHs in high sec to pew pew in, with the possibility of anchoring a personal small tower in some WH where some random dudes live. Didn't have to search long, found a C2 WH of a 10 man corp that is part of a 270 man alliance.
    A little update on my small alt project. Nothing worthy of this thread really, but better than nothing.

So I anchored a small Minny tower in their WH now two weeks ago. As I was too lazy to put ammo into my guns in the beginning, it became kind of a crippled small minmatar tower. So the guys in the corp called "4325" (or whatever) called for help to kill my bait POS, they failed terribly at it (just like WH plunderers did only catching two of them, long live 2 point battle cheetah ).

Since my job doesn't allow me to play but on weekends, my POS fuel ran out about this wednesday. But they did bother touching my tower as much as I bothered fueling it.

One careless gas harvesting osprey pilot found his death and WH exit a couple days ago too. Missed a couple other kills since I was too lazy to scan WHs/sites after DT, but that's just me.

Sooo, finally, they noticed my POS has been offline for about a week. They promptly sent one whole Drake to shoot my pos mods (yeah rather shoot pos mods instead of the tower itself). After about 20 jumps in my passive tanked Sleipnir, their fleet size had already doubled to two Drakes. A third one was sitting ready inside their own POS.

It only took a little journey over another WH to reach the one being invaded by my jump freighter alt. A warp and 30 seconds later, one of their Drakes felt the power of the awesome MINMATARFUCK YEAH!. Pretty sad result (I actually believed there was a 50% chance they were PVP fitted), but I guess they won't touch my offline POS for just another week.

(Why won't they just fucking accept my ransom offer.)

thats p. terrible. Nice work!

Tai, wheres that BR?? hehe

Exploring around, I jumped through a C4's static C1 to find myself in an anchored medium bubble, and a myrmidon, 5 ham IIs, and some sleeper wrecks on scan. The myrm pilot was a diligent d-scanner, noticed me recloaking in my cheetah, and POS'd up. I located the POS, a minmatar large, and checked out the defenses:

1 large beam laser battery
    1 large pulse laser battery
    2 large artillery batteries
    3 cruise missile batteries
    1 torp battery
    1 neut
    2 webs
    0 scrams/disruptors

... in a C1

In addition, there were 2 haulers outside the shields, anchoring more large guns ( ). I called for backup in bombers from a few WHs away, and we ended up with 7 bombers plus an inty. We caught one of the haulers and podded him too, but the other made it back into the shields. Then we incapped a cruise battery and started working on a large arty battery (which it turns out has a lot more armor HP than a cruise battery). One of them said in local "whats up with that." I convo'd him and gave him some pointers on POS gun sizes. It was at this point that he practically begged me to ransom him, "what will it take to make you stop," etc. I asked for 100 mil, got it, and we left.

One of our bombers got popped by a lucky shot from the large beam battery, so with the ransom I reimbursed him, and we all left about 7 mil richer.
    Skill training online: Daesis Wrack
    Everything else: Cosmic Osmo

Wormholes are becoming a nice place to get some good battles.
    But the main strength, of that space, is not to find juicy targets through ganking and eviction.
    His power is to provide access to the entire EvE Universe.
    You can be at 2 Jumps from Jita, and 3 Jumps from Cache, at the same time.
    This is what happened to us last Wednesday ... nothing really exceptionnal but interesting to show the use of "WH Mechanics".

The Usual business

After buying some stuff in the main Hub of EvE, 4x of us started to do a roaming around the Great Wildlands and Cache.
    Some gangs of solar fleet are quickly spotted, but each gang largely outnumbered us and a frontal engagement is not possible. For the next 30min, it turned into a real "cat and mouse" game.
    Few kills are grabbed, until we decided to go further, as they started to show nice stuff.

http://www.rooksandkings.com/killboard/ ... l_id=26378

Prelude : The Escalation

We kept playing with them, putting bubbles and escaping their traps.
    Slowly, we pulled them to the system leading to the "Unknown space".
    At this point we switched to 3x DPS T3, waiting for them in the 0.0 at the wormhole entrance, with a Thanatos ready for back up.
    Whatever their number, we are now able to fight them with in our terms, on our own field.
    When the WH Space cross the Empire Space, the known rules don't apply anymore.
    After some minutes, they finally probed our 3 guys, as expected.

14h15 : Round 1 - First Blood

A dozen of BC/BS warp at 0 from us, in the 0.0, at the wormhole entrance. Our thanatos also warp to the wormhole from the other side, but do not jump.
    The fight starts and we manage to kill a Cynabal and a vagabond. As some of us are 10% armor and other fully neutralized, we jump back to get repaired by the Thanatos.
    The Solar Fleet doesn't follow, giving us a short break.
    This is where i joined the fleet with a Proteus, while other T3 quickly refit for cap injectors.

http://www.rooksandkings.com/killboard/ ... l_id=26379
    http://www.rooksandkings.com/killboard/ ... l_id=26380

14h40 : Round 2 - The Jumping Dance

It's time to come back to the battle. We had 4x T3 DPS and the Solar Fleet had around 15x pilots.
    Two kills of cane later, we jumped back again into the "unknown".
    The Solar Fleet realized they couldn't kill anything that way so decided to follow us, trying to do the same thing.
    We are now fighting in wh space. A Mach and a few of them immediatly took range, but falled under our guns.
    We are holding their DPS. It doesn't work for them.
    They jumped back and affect significantly the wormhole mass.
    Without losing time, we followed them into the 0.0 and killed another Hurricane.
    Their number had double to reach around 30x Pilots, with 4x Scimitars.
    We couldn't kill much and their DPS is more significant.
    As usual we jumped back one by one when we hit 10% armor.

http://rooksandkings.com/killboard/?a=k ... l_id=26386

15h00 : Round 3 - The "Trap Collapse"

With 3 times our number, they are determined to finish us.
    Their entire fleet jumped in, putting the WH into a critical stage. Awesome.
    Not so nice, in fact: with this WH bonus (C5 Cataclysmic), their 4 scimitars gained 85% of strength on their remote rep, while our carrier get a -41% malus on his self rep.
    Our Triage Thanatos is slowly going down to 50% armor.
    Fortunately, smelling them coming, one of our Legion had switched for a Baahlgorn and 2x Jamming Tengus pilots joined us on the field.
    The Scimitars are now neutralized or jammed and their fleet is left with no rep.
    But they learned from the last round, and like we previously do, they jumped back one by one on structure, to avoid any loss.
    Realising that, after their last scimitar jumped back, we switched to their Tempest, to affect as much, the WH mass, as possible.
    We also notice on TS that we don't have much points and regret the lack of bubble ...
    At this exact time, a sabre of the Solar Fleet jump into the WH and bubble it.
    It seems the Wormholes God listened our prayers.
    As expected, one by one, 3x of their focused BS jumped back, collapsing the WH.
    The link is broken and they are now trapped with us into the "Unknown", without any reps.
    Helped by the bubble, we get some more kills while most of their fleet succeed to warp out in safe.

http://www.rooksandkings.com/killboard/ ... l_id=26391

Damn I feel for this guy. He's always #1 on my kill-wishlist when I roam drone regions, but damn, this is the second time I see him dying just this weekend.

Nice report.