hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 22 of 127 FirstFirst ... 12192021222324253272122 ... LastLast

Thread: Wormhole Space (147 posts deleted and counting)

Could have maybe survived if you'd put as much isk as any 1 of the t1 capital modules into some better EANMs
    Also, why a TP, & sebo? Aren't (sieged/triaged) cap ships easy enough to lock & hit with 2 TCs without having gimped cap regen?
    Last edited by Daneel Trevize; October 5 2011 at 10:03:03 AM.

I doubt they had much time to meticulously prepare and plan out their attack. You have to move quick to catch ratters, especially if its the only site in the system. Hindsight is always 20/20, bro.

Yes but being as I did a hell of a lot of said ratter catching, I know there's still time to EFT the cost/benefit of some mild pimpage for a >2bil ship before you buy & get it in ready for combat, and to plan a fit for siege or not siege but not both (unless I'm wrong those mids are good for siege vs reasonable targets), or save both fits, keep the modules in the cargo, be able to swap in the pos (manually ) if you remember and have a few seconds before the cap ship's needed.

At least, I know I thought through the damage/resist profiles, tackle, etc of my ships & would reship me & my alt as intel came in about the targets & situation, as well has have some generic go to ships for cheap or no holds barred clashes.

You sound like you'd fit in well with us Dan.

The number of times we've missed out on kills because of how much we enjoy theory-crafting possible fleet comps and methods of engagement...

Donor
    How did you get 2 Dreads into a hostile C5 in the first place? Wormhole would only support 3 cap jumps max so presumably one of yours was always going to end up stuck?

(Yes I know you can roll the hole but I presume you didn't have time to do this given the circumstances)

It goes with the balls-deep mentality, as long as you get a decent prober safely in there and probably have a static that can take them back out, why not do it and have the occupants have to deal with something they might not have expected.

On a smaller scale there was many times when myself and corpmates would get our T3s closed on by Orcas just to kill them & the response and worry about getting out later if we were still alive.

Rengas, I'd fit in well because you need a better interdictor pilot, remember

Ace's very first kills as part of aquila.

Sorry hon hes all the tackle we'll ever need!

He's not dead, and was there on your big weekend

Now, whatever happened to Khaz's Chelm's-fitted carrier?

http://kb.eveaquila.com/?a=kill_related&kll_id=13623

I know its not strictly WH but assuming all kills have been posted that's some pretty impressive naodrakerape. Got any tips for an aspiring nano drake FC?
    The existence of space means the existence of pirates.

Er, guys, you can always simultaneous-jump teh dreads back out... Its only got about an 80% chance of derping up and getting one stuck

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody_Holme View Post
    Er, guys, you can always simultaneous-jump teh dreads back out... Its only got about an 80% chance of derping up and getting one stuck
    I've tried this. It doesn't work. Has it ever actually worked?

FWIW that "strategy" worked perfectly when we used it numerous times to bring 20-30 strong POS bashing BS fleets through empire-C1/C2 holes.
    Victory!
    Battle: Himmelsdorf 12 August 2011 20:21:48
    Vehicle: BT-2
    Experience received: 4,760
    Credits received: 7,831

Like a boss!

You can't jump BS into a C1.

Yeah there are some more holes in that story. A C2>HS hole will accomodate about 20 BS if it's fresh, so no trickery there, but you'll never get 30 through it even if the trick worked a little. A fresh C3>HS hole will accomodate ~50 BS. A HS>C2 hole is gone in ~8 BS and HS>C3 in ~10, so good luck fitting 20 through one of those.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarthaginian View Post
    FWIW that "strategy" worked perfectly when we used it numerous times to bring 20-30 strong POS bashing BS fleets through empire-C1/C2 holes.
    You sound like you would know..

Quote Originally Posted by Wrack View Post
    I've tried this. It doesn't work. Has it ever actually worked?
    Actually yeah, but I do suspect they at least tried to patch it out at some point. Not tried it in a while, although the show info on a collapsing hole did at least imply that you could do this back when holes were new (not checked it in yonks)

When we attacked we did not plan to go back, It was 80% suicide mission but we went anyway and lost only one dread. Rest of the fleet was scanned out to high sec/low sec within one hour.

Idol Corp had some nice little skirmishes with some C6 dwellers called The Last Chancers who opened a hole into our WH last night. The K162 had been scanned earlier in the day but was lifeless at the time. A little later, my colleague duckslayer logged in to find these n'er do wells had assembled a small group to run some sites in our hole, two tengus and a drake to be exact.

Duckslayer tried to get them running around after him, unfortunately losing a cane, sleip and purifier in the process for no kills. In an enraged state, he switched to a dramiel, first taking down one of their Dramiels that had appeared and then catching the noctis they had been using to salvage the sites. At around this time, I checked our killboard to see we had visitors, and used the power of Spacebook to let duck know I was coming to his aid. In the meantime, he ably took care of a Worm by forcing him into a position where he was stuck on a hole unable to jump, and then did the same to a purifier.

After convincing my wife that what she really wanted to do was watch TV, I finally got into the game to find they now had a huginn, a couple of hurricanes and a proteus. Shipping up to hurricanes, we kited around the hole hoping to pull a response from our attackers but to no avail. By this point the wherabouts of the cloaky proteus were also unknown. We return to the POS momentarily, and find the proteus has reappeared on the K162. Figuring we can probably kill it before it kills us both we warp back to the hole at 0, and the proteus obliges, warping off in the direction of our POS. We wait and he soon appears right next to us. His damage output is huge, but his tank was not as impressive as it could be and we burn him down fairly quickly with duck in low armour by the time he pops.

All the while, the cane has warped off to get a warpin ontop of us, and a maelstrom has appeared at the hole. The cane lands and we quickly burn through him as the maelstrom also warps off to land ontop of us. As the mael lands, two guardians appear at the hole. The arty fitted mael is 30km off us, and we burn in but duck takes heavy damage, only getting into a close orbit in half structure. He seems to be okay, but as the mael goes down it gets a lucky shot on duck and he goes down. One of the guardians had by now tried to warp near us to help the mael but put himself 100km off the hole. I burned for him but had capped myself out in the process following all the heavy neuting and he managed to warp before I got point.

After this the attackers reshipped again, this time in armour ships and refusing to leave the hole. Knowing they had a substantial RR bonus in their own system, and with the arrival of a curse and arazu on their side we decided to call it a day, though not before killing a cocky thrasher.

http://idol.eve-kill.net/?a=kill_rel...ll_id=10837539
    http://idol.eve-kill.net/?a=kill_rel...ll_id=10838333

Good times were had.

Good lord that proteus's explosive hole Stabbed(both kinds) bomber, missing lowslow(DC2?) on the Mael, no-prop SPR cane...
    Nice work chaps.

Yes, given their awesome fitting skills I can see why they opted to run our C2 anoms over their own C6 ones.